What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are whispers of Wai Man having spine cancer. From an accurate source over on Facebook. I wouldn't wish that on anyone and he has always been good to me until the RoboCop fiasco for which he owes me £150. If he's using our money for treatment then that is very very wrong of him.

I've worried about the illness since it was made public but I have no idea what is going on personally with WM's health. I would assume that the money issue and lack of figures is down to the business model as identified on the previous page. You only have to look at Zavvis supply to see how hard it is to get figures outside of the official supply. I've even started to look for an alternative 1/4 Fett supplier because I think Osb just won't get a chance to deliver.
Then again it's more conjecture, rumour and second guessing.
The rumours and whispers come from a specific fb group, one I didn't join (I doubt I'd be welcome). I still believe that he's a good man and refunds will be sorted. From the fb page it seems the money owed is not an insurmountable figure and that certain folk are being contacted about refunds. I really hope that is true.
With regards to the rumours about illness and treatment etc...if true, he'll need my hundred or so quid far more than I need it.

Sounds like a do gooder attitude. He can't be using other people's money to pay for his treatment. If he wanted to raise money for his health he should organise a charity event not steal from people. Like I said before, I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone but at the same time what he is doing is wrong and well maybe what goes around comes around.

I've worried about the illness since it was made public but I have no idea what is going on personally with WM's health. I would assume that the money issue and lack of figures is down to the business model as identified on the previous page. You only have to look at Zavvis supply to see how hard it is to get figures outside of the official supply. I've even started to look for an alternative 1/4 Fett supplier because I think Osb just won't get a chance to deliver.
Then again it's more conjecture, rumour and second guessing.
The rumours and whispers come from a specific fb group, one I didn't join (I doubt I'd be welcome). I still believe that he's a good man and refunds will be sorted. From the fb page it seems the money owed is not an insurmountable figure and that certain folk are being contacted about refunds. I really hope that is true.
With regards to the rumours about illness and treatment etc...if true, he'll need my hundred or so quid far more than I need it.

You might be able to happily kiss one hundred pounds goodbye , other people who have spent nearly four hundred aren't so forgiving even if someone has got an illness that doesn't absolve them from improper conduct , harsh as that maybe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think others should write off their money.
I don't think said money is being used for treatments.
I want people to get their refunds and money back.
That is all.

When I spoke with my LCS, this is basically why the said the charge a 10% non-refundable deposit on items. If they have people that cancel and they get stuck with items, they can sell it at another 10% off and still break even. Plus they said it tends to deter people that are just looking to order items in order to flip them since they can't usually keep up with paying for them.

It makes sense from the business' end even if me as the customer might be able to find better deals at another shop. It does seem to catch up with a few of the shops though, as this isn't the only one that seemed to just fold up. I guess it becomes survival of the fittest as the smaller ones and ones that aren't run properly will get in trouble and more and more collectors will move towards the larger companies to feel more secure in their preorders.

Yeah the NrDs are designed to cover at least some of that lost money. And it works if it's a small amount or the figures don't get deep discounts. But unfortunetly that happens (and if people don't know, an NRD isn't an extra charge, it's taken off the total price so it doesn't cost you anything UNLESS you don't follow thru with your commitment to buy). Look at Zod or tonto. A 10% NRD wouldn't cover much. Two or three cancled orders and the shop is out a hundred dollars even if it sells later.

And a lot of places offer 10-20% discounts a couple months in so if this early POs cancel they lose even larger numbers.

It really doesn't take much to happen and the whole thing implodes. Even if you do things right. Unless you have huge cash reserves. Or credit to cover those lean times.

As I said, not trying to defend this situation. Just think people should understand the potential reasons.

You should all join the FaceBook group 'How Much Does One Sixth Bruce Owe You?!' If you do a search you'll find it and there lots of info on there, including someone who posted today buying and receiving a Man of Steel figure that is on the site now at £125 in stock so proof that the bloody guy is still trading in some disgraceful way..!!!

Sounds like MothersBasement all over again... I recovered my money( Credit Card),but many didn't...

Hopefully is just rumors...I will be pissed if someone around here get scammed by someone invoking a false illness.

It's also sad for the respectable UK retailers, their image will be hurt once again.

You should all join the FaceBook group 'How Much Does One Sixth Bruce Owe You?!' If you do a search you'll find it and there lots of info on there, including someone who posted today buying and receiving a Man of Steel figure that is on the site now at £125 in stock so proof that the bloody guy is still trading in some disgraceful way..!!!

That's terrible. A friend has preorders with them. i shall tell him. thanks for the info.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455830164.330036.jpg
Maybe the same thing should happen in this case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Website is now down. At least it'll stop people that aren't aware of what's going on wasting their money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Account suspended? Looks like they weren't even paying their website running costs.

Dead and buried.

It's shameful the way OSB acted in the final months. Claiming to be one of the collecting community only leaves a sour taste in the mouth. When they wilfully carried on taking people's money knowing that they wouldn't be able to fulfill the order is basically fraud.

And what about the people who posted in this thread defending them? Perhaps they could explain their rationale to the large amount of people who have lost a great deal of money, with the likelihood that they will never recover it back from OSB.

Good riddance to OSB. They didn't deserve to survive, and they certainly didn't deserve the respect they received from loyal customers.

Well there you have it boys n girls how not to run a company, OSB lied to us all about coming back from China and sorting out all the issues, what a way to end

whats this LittleOneSixthBruce website about? Says its run by Wai Man

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 126
I think everyone know the wai's name. Tbh after that shipping fiasco i cancelled everything and moved away from OSB, too many empty promises.
luckly i got refunds as i think they had a cash flow but i fear people asking for refunds towards the end may have got nothing back

And what about the people who posted in this thread defending them? Perhaps they could explain their rationale to the large amount of people who have lost a great deal of money, with the likelihood that they will never recover it back from OSB.

Good riddance to OSB. They didn't deserve to survive, and they certainly didn't deserve the respect they received from loyal customers.

I defended them, I also either received the figures I ordered it was easily able to switch deposits to in stock items so I had no reason not to.

However, I also told people in this thread (a number of times) that had I been in their position I would have started a small claim case if I wasn't getting a satisfactory answer to my queries and that anyone concerned should do the same (whether it be with OSB or any other company)

I do feel for the people that have lost out, I also feel for Wai Man as I'm sure that the whole mess started due to issues beyond his control. IMO, the main mistake he made was not winding the company up sooner before it got too far.

whats this LittleOneSixthBruce website about? Says its run by Wai Man

Aaron,

I have used the LittleOneSixthBruce site before - I got a Todd Factory Dead of the Cadaver zombie finger key ring from there, back in the days when paying money to One Sixth Bruce meant that you actually got what you had paid for. This was April 2014.

Best that I can tell, it is a place that One Sixth Bruce use to sell stuff that doesn't really fall into the product or manufacturer categories that they had on their main site, and the stuff for sale here was pretty much always in stock. But it is 100% definitely the same One Sixth Bruce, so I certainly wouldn't be inclined to spend any money here given the current situation.

Aaron,

I have used the LittleOneSixthBruce site before - I got a Todd Factory Dead of the Cadaver zombie finger key ring from there, back in the days when paying money to One Sixth Bruce meant that you actually got what you had paid for. This was April 2014.

Best that I can tell, it is a place that One Sixth Bruce use to sell stuff that doesn't really fall into the product or manufacturer categories that they had on their main site, and the stuff for sale here was pretty much always in stock. But it is 100% definitely the same One Sixth Bruce, so I certainly wouldn't be inclined to spend any money here given the current situation.

Thanks for the information, I thought it was strange that the about us section is signed off by Wai Man. They certainly sell some odd bits that do not seem mainstream.

Real shame with everything that's happened.

Back