What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paypal and the bank can not help me, £230 tied up with them and refusing to answer any emails or posts on facebook is disgusting behaviour for a company.
I lost money with mothers basement and its looking like I have lost money with osb too. really soured the hobby for me.
they are nothing more than thieves! I don't care what issues are going on there or with the owners health it is no excuse for this utter disrespect towards their customers.
in my opinion there is no coming back from this they are over as a company

Really sorry to hear that, cozzie. That's really horrible that you were affected by Mother's Basement, and now this. This is the first time I've been burned in this hobby, but I don't blame you for being turned off the hobby. For me, I'm only buying from Sideshow and Forbidden Planet going forward. Collectibles Direct as well, actually. All three of those companies have been outstanding in my experience.

I agree with you about OSB not being able to come back from this; they are done and they'll be lucky if they get out of this without legal action being taken against them. Even when things were going smoothly at OSB, their communication was always crap. I wonder if they'll ever say anything again. I'd love to see these guys get taken to small claims court or something. They'd probably not turn up and then write a letter saying, "court summons are NOT being ignored, we are putting our shoes on and heading out the door as we speak".

This is the third time for me, mothers basement , monkeyrobotmaster, now osb !
It is expensive enough with out throwing hard earned money away like this.

i got stung with mothers basement myself, lost close to a grand with them. After that i was alot more careful with who i pre-order with and i never pay more than the deposit needed till they are in stock. Collectibles Direct is the only place i buy from these days, have done for years now

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442360103.265288.jpg

A bad back doesnt prevent anyone from sorting out logistics and refunds, heck lay in bed with the laptop, thats what i do when my back goes.
Dont understand why Mazz isnt staying on as a packer.
Its good to have a fb update full of promises, putting them into action today is another story. Bed, laptop, click buttons, sorted, no messin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet Mother MacCrae! After reading this I guess I can kiss my pre-order for Han & Chewie goodbye. Cozzie I'm with you mate, I also lost money with Mother's Basement, but did mange to get some of it refunded by my bank. I've just lost my job too and could really do without losing the £83.00 in deposits to OSB. What is it with this hobby and companies ripping customer's off?

I saw this on facebook this morning and couldn't believe it! But like others are saying, it's too little too late. I understand that he wasn't well enough to travel to China a year ago or whenever it was that this all started unraveling, but he's making it sound like he's just woken from a coma to find his company in shambles. Where the hell has he been? Why has he stayed silent for so long? Why wait until now, when most people have given up on them, to say he's going to do something about it? It's been his company from the start, he's the one in charge and he's the one responsible for it all. I refuse to believe that he was unaware of the situation or unable to do more. Someone on facebook said Wai is running away to China with everyone's money. :lol Sad to see that there's so much distrust developing in this hobby, but it's because business owners act like this.

The whole thing smells fishy, best to stick with sideshow at least they not going to mess me around like this

i ended up getting my money back from via a paypal dispute. after seeing this i did try my luck with my deposit as my order is technically still 'live'. but no reply.

I'm still debating now whether to even get the marty mcfly figure after all of this. one update isn't really good enough if theres no evidence of following it up

I'm filling out my online claim via the small claims court tonight. Having politely emailed for updates or a refund like others, I have been greeted with silence. I have hung on and hung on in the hope that things would get better but they haven't. My one email update from Maz in late June to inform me of "100% guaranteed shipping" of Iron Man figures has not resulted in any appearance of my Starboost figure nor any further replies three months later.

This further vague update from Wai Man gives no real information about delivery times or refunds. Of course, I would rather have the figures that I ordered and if given a realistic update, I would be prepared to wait as long as I know stuff is on the way. Sadly , after the June update, it seems some people are still waiting for their Marty figures - this suggests either an inability to source enough figures to fill pre-orders or an inordinately slow rate of packing and shipping. My suspicion is the former.

Ric Bates (Clipper king/Reviewer king) has posted on OSB's Facebook page so Wai Man has obviously felt it okay to contact him to ask him to try and placate disappointed customers rather than deal personally with his customers himself. My fear is that OSB will fold given all the people asking for refunds and I can't afford to be throwing hundreds of pounds away so my only option now is the small claims court.

Good for you mate hope the court turns out some justice/cash.
Don't suppose anyone knows when WM is flying to China, or when he returns?

Awesome that you're going through small claims court. They need to be held accountable! I have two deposits that I wasn't able to get back through Paypal; small claims court would be my only option but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. Good luck to you though, I'm guessing you've got a fair amount of money tied up and I hope it all gets returned to you quickly!

I hope Maz tunes in on this thread once he has left osb, we need some insight into how things might progress

I wouldn't listen to anything that comes out of OSB's mouth. Everyone should do what they can to get their money back from them ASAP, if possible. Wai's comment about going to China is just a delay. Maz is probably leaving because they can't pay him.

There is absolutely no excuse anyone should be waiting for figures that were released from months to years earlier.

This is a scam and they are dragging their feet to keep from having to refund money they don't have.

Anyone else had refunds since the FB update? please post, just so we know there is signs of life at osb. Thanks

I have a few things pre ordered from there... is it worth just getting a refund and use the excuse of what I read in this forum?

I thought there was a penalty if I withdraw.

Any advise?

You don't need an excuse to claim your money back. People that have been getting refunds haven't been getting them back from OneSixthBruce, they've been getting them back from Paypal and their credit card companies. OSB aren't responding to anyone and ignore refund requests. There's no penalty for getting a refund; OSB is clearly going bust and if you have money tied up with them, you need to get it refunded as soon as possible.

Back