What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the best way to get in touch with them now?

dog.jpg

Their last post on Facebook was 11th June.

They're still monitoring it. They were deleting a lot of posts yesterday, though I'm not sure what they said. You can see when something gets bumped to the top of the recent comments but has nothing from the current day.

What's the best way to get in touch with them now?

Yeah, I don't think you'll have any success getting in touch with them no matter how hard you try. They are blatantly ignoring people. They are obviously still in business because they are putting new figures up for preorder on their site. There isn't any communication, and that's exactly how they want it. Get people's preorder deposits, go quiet and hope they can sly off with it while people wait.

That's a real shame, they would have got all my business. They have the best prices of any company in the UK

I'd rather pay a few extra pounds and actually get the figures, rather than "save" a little and get nothing. They haven't ended up being the best; their negligence has cost me over a hundred quid.

I'd rather pay a few extra pounds and actually get the figures, rather than "save" a little and get nothing. They haven't ended up being the best; their negligence has cost me over a hundred quid.

Me too, the irony is that I didn’t want the risk of ordering direct from Hong Kong and wanted to support a local supplier. It never occurred to me that OSB don’t have a mailing address or a phone number. Expensive lesson learned.

I agree with you Sithlord but I'm not overly protective of OSB, I'm just trying to be fair. I've said from day one that they are different to MB and are not (in my opinion or to my limited knowledge of the situation) trying to scam people.

They've had a catalogue of disasters (shipping, illness) which lead to them taking advice from forums and social media and bringing somebody else into the circle. That hasn't worked out obviously. The customers wanted updates and Mazz started giving them but was soon overwhelmed. Their FB page has 7000 likes. That's a lot of admin to deal with. I personally have no idea if Mazz is still with OSB.

I treat WM like a friend and like anybody I wouldn't want to see a friend's business fail.

As a collector I don't want to see OSB fail as I have money tied into the preorders (which if I lose so be it but I'd rather not and have the figures. Two in particular are for people very close to me) and I don't want to see other collectors lose out also.

If I come across as a zealot it's because there seem to be a group of people wanting to see them fail so we can start with the "I told you so's". Some awaiting the liquidation perhaps don't even have a horse in this particular race. That makes me sad and want to support OSB even more.

I have a hundred quid or so tied up in preorders because I knew the score. Why pay full for an item that isn't even in stock yet? I settle with OSB when I know for sure they have the item.

That said, I'm sympathetic to those with a great amount invested in them and as I've clearly shown here, I've always hoped that customers either get their figures or their refunds.

Until lately, I feel I've been right in my support as people either got those figures or refunds but things have worsened I admit that. My feelings may change over time and as above, like everybody else I have no idea if Mazz is even there now. I've had no contact with Mazz ever and a recent email I sent through the site customer admin page bounced back so I don't know what is going on in that regard.

I've quickly spoken to WM recently and know his condition has worsened which is not good for the family or the business.

We can go on about this for pages and pages. People might see me as a zealot but I'm just a mate. I trust them and losing £100 isn't enough to damage that trust if things do go pear shaped. When I said above about losing a friend, it's not about WM facing death...I just wouldn't turn on a mate and tear down his business publicly for £100. Others are not friends and have much more invested so if they are upset or spitting fire then that is fair play but until we get evidence of MB2 then I personally don't think it is entirely fair for these comparisons to be made.

I'm in a trade where a word with a supplier about a business struggling is enough to start a chain which will result in that business closing! I worry that talks of trading standards, imminent closure and scamming will just fasttrack us all losing out.

For all of the reasons above, I hope they get it sorted, I really do.

The last time people gave this much benefit of the doubt to a dealer was Mista305, and he took off with about $100,000 in total with no repercussions. I'd dealt with him for years before this board, and I knew what kind of a person he was behind the scenes, yet he had a friendly, reliable persona on here and other places that people completely trusted. No one would listen to me because he was "such a good guy and a good friend", and he screwed every single person that trusted him, including his suppliers and the people he sold his business to. Just recently he was BACK accepting donations on a Facebook page set up for his "medical bills", which was quickly shut down once I informed everyone about his track record. Some people are just scum. You can't put your trust in anyone in this type of business, especially online.

This has been going on long enough that people are justifiably upset. Granted, there are legitimate issues like WM's health behind it, but if you're going to get this backed up, just stop taking orders. Stop taking peoples' money. Inevitably it's going to go bad, even worse than it already has. You're personally invested in the situation, which you can't be when it comes to business. You can support WM as a friend, that's a wonderful thing to do. But that has to be kept separate from his business, which isn't doing too well at the moment.

I don't believe for a second that WM or OSB will take off with $100,000. If he does then I am sorry for everybody who has put down money and I'd be the first to apologise for my support in what has gone on.

That's "If".

Latest posts on FB show that figures are being sent and Ric Bates has been in recent touch with OSB ensuring FB customers that the business is still solvent and figures are arriving or being dispatched.

There are obviously issues be it understaffing, supply problems or whatever but as I' ve stated from the start, I honestly don't believe they are trying to rip people off. Rather, things became messy and have snowballed since.

That is the beginning and end of my argument and my input on social media is only to stand up for OSB when people refer to them as thieves or scammers. It may appear that way to many, it just doesn't to me. I want nothing more for collectors to get their figures or refunds. On a personal level I want OSB to deliver figures so I'm not at the mercy of Ebay scalping.

I'm invested in it personally and I have a little cash tied up in preorders (as before...if I lose it, so be it) so I'm in as deep as your average OSB customer (perhaps not as much as those who've laid out hundreds or thousands). TBH I even gave MothersBasement the benefit of the doubt whilst they were screwing me around, even telling them personally via phone to ensure others get their toys or statues before Christmas before they worry about dispatching mine. Hah, I probably sound like an idiot or a gullible fool but I know how tough running a business can be and I know how easily you can be bought down by bad word of mouth...

It would be great if someone could go visit the unit they have and see what's going on. It's somewhere near Long Eaton, I know that.

ETA: from their site: Clifton Avenue, Long Eaton. Nottingham. NG10 2GA

I'm a huge supporter of OSB but even I'm starting to get worried - I have thousands of pounds invested. I can't afford to lose that. :(

Maybe its just 1/6 size.....Joking aside our friend mazzik was answering someones enquiry on twitter on the 6th of this month.....so he,s still around.

I noticed the twitter activity, is all very sporadic and odd, wish they would post something on facebook as I'm actually starting to get quite annoyed with some of the overwrought comments on there... there no surer way to spread panic than let a load of chuckleheads loose on the internet....

A few weeks ago I raised a support issue with Google Wallet to get my deposit back. Their support page does say you can only do it within 120 days, but this was a preorder for the MK42 back in April 2013. I mentioned OSB were giving false shipping dates, raising peoples' hopes, and had never replied to a single email of mine. I also linked to their Facebook page to show the current displeasure towards the service.

Today Google got back to me after raising it to their higher operations and got my refund for me. Glad it's finally resolved and I can stop checking OSB every few days. Hopefully anyone else here that used Wallet can get the same result too.

It's a difficult situation. I like to think as a community of collectors we are on the whole, a fairly reasonable bunch of people who would be prepared to give a struggling supplier a bit of leeway to sort out their problems. This situation just seems to have dragged on too long now and I can appreciate that people are tired of having their emails and requests for information ignored. These figures aren't cheap and I can see why people are anxious about losing their money too.

I don't know what to do - I first pre-ordered before I joined this forum so it was a little disappointing to come across this thread shortly after. As I have maintained all along, I do not think that OSB are crooks trying to make off with our money at all. I also do not mind too much about getting figures later than everybody else as long as I know that they will arrive - and that's the problem - at this moment in time, I have no idea as to whether they arrive or not.

I could have gone to PayPal for a refund but I thought that having had an email from Mazz to say that my Starboost should arrive shortly after Marty McFly, I would hang on and wait for my figure. It seems that Marty is still arriving in batches and being sent out, so I don't know when my Starboost is expected. Like a lot of other people, I could have bought my figure from another supplier months ago. I also have several other pre-orders and don't expect them any time soon either. Given that most orders are paid on credit cards (via PayPal), I would have thought people could approach their credit card companies directly for refunds rather than being bound to a limited time by PayPal? If anybody knows whether this is the case, please let me know.

I have not asked for a refund on my Starboost as I still want the figure and don't want to risk my pre-order money which amounts to even more. My worry is that as more people ask for a refund, the more likely OSB is to fold. Then I would be out of pocket to the tune of several hundred pounds and we will have lost another supplier which is not something that I want to happen.

All my sympathy for them went out the door when they started straight up lying to their customers. Giving false shipping dates, promising updates and then not following through...it's just not right the way they are handling things. Especially when they say they are too busy to tell their customers that have already paid for things what's going on, but they aren't too busy to put new items up for preorder on their website. All this talk about not wanting to lose a supplier...if a supplier is going to act like this, what's the point in keeping them around? I'm never giving them my money again after this nightmare. Regardless of their intentions, it's just been a headache dealing with them and I'd rather support suppliers who have their stuff together. I think, as a paying customer, I deserve at least a little professionalism, which OneSixthBruce is apparently fresh out of.

Hello everyone... just a quick message to all of those who have given up on waiting for there marty mcflys and wish to purchase elsewere.If you go to amazon uk and type in Figura Estatua Regreso Al Futuro Marty this guy is selling him for £151.64 at the moment this includes p and p and no hidden charges. It took a week for mine to come so i can personally recommend him...ps dont be put off by the spanish it comes in a english box...hope this helps someone.

Reading the Facebook comments, i was under the impression that Marty had shipped, but it seems people are still waiting. I received mine from Collectable Kitbash a month ago now. It would be useful to know if anyone is receiving anything from them right now.

My last PO with them was for Armor Whiplash. I spotted a used one on Ebay for a good price (albeit used) and bought it from within the UK. Should get it next week. I will lose my deposit with OSB for £36.50, but that's far more preferable to paying the balance of over £200, then having to sit with my fingers crossed for the next 2 years. I'm glad to be able to wash my hands of them. I know quite a few folk have several hundred £££s of POs with them and aren't even able to get refunds. Hope it all works out for you guys.

Reading the Facebook comments, i was under the impression that Marty had shipped, but it seems people are still waiting. I received mine from Collectable Kitbash a month ago now. It would be useful to know if anyone is receiving anything from them right now.

My last PO with them was for Armor Whiplash. I spotted a used one on Ebay for a good price (albeit used) and bought it from within the UK. Should get it next week. I will lose my deposit with OSB for £36.50, but that's far more preferable to paying the balance of over £200, then having to sit with my fingers crossed for the next 2 years. I'm glad to be able to wash my hands of them. I know quite a few folk have several hundred £££s of POs with them and aren't even able to get refunds. Hope it all works out for you guys.

Below is the post from OSB on the 11th of June Some people still haven't received Marty McFly and the stuff i was waiting for is far down that list. Like you i abandoned my deposits and bought elsewhere.

Hi All, updates on HT orders…

Shipping from our supplier’s next week.
Marty McFly

After the above then it’s the delayed Iron Man’s (which could arrive same time as above)
Igor, MKXLLI, Iron Patriot, Starboost, Silver Centurion, Heart Breaker

RoboCops, Batman Armories will follow after the Iron Man delivery

The following delayed orders
Loki, Wolverine, Captain America sets, Thor, Starlord, Gamora, Black Widow and others – I will email all customers concerned directly via a blanket email update. (this will be done within 24hrs as I have to ask timescale for each for delivery)

Thanks Mazzik

I have Aragorn po with osb, its their last chance. If they muck it up, then thats the end. No more orders with them. Its worth losing the deposit just to teach myself a lesson. We shall see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back