What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. (and im sure inked will make some characteristically snide comment on my choice of tv etc but whatever lol)

You really have a complex forming don't you. I don't judge people based on their choice of TV, and as for snide comments, you may want to look in the mirror (I'm not the one that started calling people names, and then bringing them back into the conversation. You really seem to want an argument, I have no idea why).

At least I see you are now taking the time to formulate your posts so that they are legible, well done you.

Now, would you prefer ketchup or vinegar with that chip on your shoulder?

Last edited:
Jim i simpathise, with your sitiuation i really do , and (its conjecture on my part), but i believe one of the reasons that OSB have kept "the doors open", is that they have got themselves into some debt, and also with the alterations to OSB headquaters, debt besause of them trying to source other methods of suppliers stc, that and the error of the hulk its since that time that things have gone somewhat down hill, so i think hey are tryig to keep themselves afloat by employing mazzik to keep the business open so that they and customers arent out of pocket.

Hennypenny , since no one was not even watchdog was interested in mothersbasement , i doubt they would intervene in this case either, also no one is being done, refunds are being given and customers are recieing orders , but its a slow process , and will keep being a slow process why they have just one person coping with the back log of orders , this problem has always been an issue and of late is has gotton worse . thegoodthebadandtherobots appears to be a one person show, or a very small buisness, and i have visited their facebook page and it was inundated with updates for its customers. OSB need to learn some lessons in customer service..,. if this was a shop on the high street and mary queen of shops visited it and saw how it was run , then she would suggest it be closed down.

Jim also in your situation , it is unimaginable the stress you clearly had to endure, i also know that OSB helped do a fun rasier and that your eagerly awaited man of steel figure was at your son's bedside at hopsital. So yes Maggie and Wai helped you and your family alot , but with respect, surely you must acknowledge the hole that they have got themselves in regarding customer servbice, not just now but before recent events. People includng the clipper king on you tube have offered their assistance free of charge , and they got no reply, but they seem just a blinkered as the people that you see on fly on the wall documentries, such as the hotel inspector , or Hells Kitchen. (and im sure inked will make some characteristically snide comment on my choice of tv etc but whatever lol)

Customer appeals for more communication go unheeded time and time again, at OSB their fanbase offere assistance , and still no response . i support the little guy shops like OSB , compared to the big guys like forbidden planet, but they need to sort out customer service , espcally after promising changes. i support them as ive said...... however with all due repsect there are others that are just as blinkered as OSB regarding these problems with communication and customer service ......so OSB ARE NOT trying to do anyone out of money like motherbasement, but they DO need to get their head out of the sand and deal with customer service......until that happens well be having the same debate six manybe even tweleve months from now

It's an interesting one. I do think OSB have tried to "get their head out of the sand" and this involves employing Mazzik. I know Mazz was coming onboard in a capacity to help before WM's back pain problems and I guess now he's taken on a more prominent role. I assume that WM figured there would be al three of them dealing with the backlog but fate has conspired against them.

I'l be honest and tell you what I know. I know the Clipper King has spoken with WM frequently and offered help and I have spoken with Ric about ways in which we could all help but it's tough. Remember OSB are a business, they can't start giving customer details and payment information etc to other customers to get them out of a jam. That is a whole world of issues. Like Ric, instead of being involved at an admin level or something similar, we try to help by making it clear that OSB aren't there to rip anybody off.

WM has donated to the charity; Reach For a Star, I set up in response to my son's condition and that is public knowledge, it's there on FB etc but it goes deeper than that. I ordered a Reeve figure from them a good few years ago in late december giving OSB no time to get it packed and shipped before Christmas. It made in easily in time for the day and it was incredible to see that type of effort. Since then we've talked and he became aware of our situation and the situation with my charity. WM's support of RFaS or our friendship is nothing to do with my continued custom or support of OSB. WM knows I've used MB, CDUK, FP and Direct Collectibles when I've needed to. With the MOS I was one of the first orders so I got the figure first. It was a coincidence that it showed up in time for my boy's surgery. I can promise anybody reading this (and you can check FB also) that I made no private or public requests for this figure I support OSB because I think they need support in the face of unrealistic expectations that have lead to where we are today. They are running a business with limited resources like any small business. A Marty McFly or Terminator figure gets released in HK and already they have people emailing them asking when these will be delivered. That lack of awareness is something the longer term customers and supporters of OSB should be addressing to alleviate their admin problems.
It's easy for any of us to say they should do this or that but we have no idea of what's going on, how many emails or fb messages they are getting chasing stuff or wanting refunds. I'm happy to leave them alone and wait, (wait for my Halo polish delivery) even pushing forward the figures for others instead of me just like I did with MOS and Batman and Robin.
I don't know the answers. Only the guys at OSB do. I suppose it's now a waiting game to see if things calm down.

They should just offer full refunds to everyone and shut down, then reopen when the can run a respectable cohesive business. Toy collecting shouldn't be stressful, this company makes it stressful.

They should just offer full refunds to everyone and shut down, then reopen when the can run a respectable cohesive business. Toy collecting shouldn't be stressful, this company makes it stressful.

Yep, this has killed alot of the fun, when/if my orders arrives i think i'm done with Hot Toys, definitely done with pre ordering.

I'm now getting really sick of the whole situation. Mazzik's promise of getting back to me with an update on my Batman Armoury order has gone silent. I've got no response on Facebook and Wai Man is not answering his mobile phone. I have until July before the 180-day paypal protection ends. All I want now is a full refund. As a result of my dealings with OSB, I've gone off collecting Hot Toys.

I guess i'm fortunate that I'm not in a hurry and the toy schedule doesn't put me off enjoying the ones I have, will collect what I love and pre-order where appropriate and yet still have a perspective that my figure collection isn't everything to me. Does lift my spirits after a bad day in the office, use OSB alot and have alot of pre-orders and had nothing but a good experience so sad to hear for the people who haven't.

I guess i'm fortunate that I'm not in a hurry and the toy schedule doesn't put me off enjoying the ones I have, will collect what I love and pre-order where appropriate and yet still have a perspective that my figure collection isn't everything to me. Does lift my spirits after a bad day in the office, use OSB alot and have alot of pre-orders and had nothing but a good experience so sad to hear for the people who haven't.
Are they selectively providing good service for certain customers and fleecing off others? I'm not sure I have the confidence to be patient anymore. £400 is a lot of money for someone like me to risk losing.

I'm now getting really sick of the whole situation. Mazzik's promise of getting back to me with an update on my Batman Armoury order has gone silent. I've got no response on Facebook and Wai Man is not answering his mobile phone. I have until July before the 180-day paypal protection ends. All I want now is a full refund. As a result of my dealings with OSB, I've gone off collecting Hot Toys.

Yeah, I had one too many problems with OSB for my liking. Now I never PO stuff, buy direct from Hong Kong with a great seller. I can understand how a situation like this can leave a real bad taste in the mouth. Its not the fact that you haven't received the item but that they have messed you around.

For what its worth I had the Armory on PO with them, then when the final demand came in back in February I think it was, I declined to pay it, and asked for my £50 deposit back, no answer after several e-mails, so I just gave up, so that's £50 down the drain. Never use them again.

Reading all these recent comments makes me sad. I once used osb all the time, then it all went south. In the end I ended up cancelling all my orders,Glad I did now

I've never used them and probably never will now. Which is sad because if I am typical so others will feel the same and that won't do them any good.

I understand that some people are fiercely loyal to them and that's great but I totally understand why people are nervous about their money and moaning about lack of contact.
Always the danger for osb is that they're going to end up with stock of "old" figures that owe them a fairly high amount that may or may not be in demand at that time

Why are they still trading? There will no doubt be more unfortunate customers who will be disappointed. If they are not coping, they need to shut down and stop taking more of our money. I hope this forum is used by others so they don't end up like us. Makes me angry and sad that fellow collectors can treat people like this.

Why are they still trading? There will no doubt be more unfortunate customers who will be disappointed. If they are not coping, they need to shut down and stop taking more of our money. I hope this forum is used by others so they don't end up like us. Makes me angry and sad that fellow collectors can treat people like this.

I for one hope that they don't close down. We have precious few independent dealers for our figures in the UK as it is. Also, what would happen if they close down? We would all lose our money. I have not received any of my orders from OSB yet so can't claim to be any sort of die hard OSB fan, but I do have a fair bit tied up in pre-orders and would like to see some figures for my money even if I have to wait. I pre-ordered from OSB and then saw this thread when I joined the forum. Unsurprisingly, I was a little alarmed but emailed OSB and got an immediate response from Wain Man and Maggie to explain their difficult situation and re-assure me that they were trying to get back on track.

Mazz has now been taken on to try and sort things out - he's barely been in the job a month at the moment and taking stick every day so I applaud him as it can't be easy. I can understand people's frustrations and the need to vent on Facebook but from what I can see, Mazz is still sending figures out, maintaining the website, wading through emails and sending out refunds. I think it is because OSB is run by collectors that they are trying to do the right thing by doing all of this, rather than shut up shop and leave us all out of pocket. I'm sure others will see this forum and if they are put off, that's fair enough. For me, I pre-ordered with money that I had decided is surplus to my everyday survival so I won't be asking for a refund and hope that my orders come in soon.

I for one hope that they don't close down. We have precious few independent dealers for our figures in the UK as it is. Also, what would happen if they close down? We would all lose our money. I have not received any of my orders from OSB yet so can't claim to be any sort of die hard OSB fan, but I do have a fair bit tied up in pre-orders and would like to see some figures for my money even if I have to wait. I pre-ordered from OSB and then saw this thread when I joined the forum. Unsurprisingly, I was a little alarmed but emailed OSB and got an immediate response from Wain Man and Maggie to explain their difficult situation and re-assure me that they were trying to get back on track.

Mazz has now been taken on to try and sort things out - he's barely been in the job a month at the moment and taking stick every day so I applaud him as it can't be easy. I can understand people's frustrations and the need to vent on Facebook but from what I can see, Mazz is still sending figures out, maintaining the website, wading through emails and sending out refunds. I think it is because OSB is run by collectors that they are trying to do the right thing by doing all of this, rather than shut up shop and leave us all out of pocket. I'm sure others will see this forum and if they are put off, that's fair enough. For me, I pre-ordered with money that I had decided is surplus to my everyday survival so I won't be asking for a refund and hope that my orders come in soon.

I would also like to get my Batman Armoury, but as it approaches the 180-day paypal protection, I am getting very worried, so I am prepared to risk losing my £63 deposit rather than the whole £400.

I can understand that completely too. Although, from what a few posters on Facebook have said, they have been getting full refunds so best of luck.

I was lucky enough to get a 50% off code from Sideshow, so my Armoury is on its way (albeit only the Alfred version without the Bruce Wayne).

However, just got back from my Local Forbidden Planet where 2 of the figures I have on pre-order with OSB (Gamorra and Starboost) were sat on a shelf mocking me!

I can understand that completely too. Although, from what a few posters on Facebook have said, they have been getting full refunds so best of luck.

I was lucky enough to get a 50% off code from Sideshow, so my Armoury is on its way (albeit only the Alfred version without the Bruce Wayne).

However, just got back from my Local Forbidden Planet where 2 of the figures I have on pre-order with OSB (Gamorra and Starboost) were sat on a shelf mocking me!

It's simple OSB , have had my amazing Spider-Man 2 for a few weeks now from OSB 27th May to be exact , it's sad that they have had problems , but using Wai as an excuse is wearing a bit thin as they were problems I noticed around April last year , with just one person doing the job it's just stupid , I've heard people say that Wai and Maggie are both nice people , which they may Wel, be as I've never met them personally , but the fact they have got themselves into this situation and refuse or don't answer people's offer of help , yes I'm aware that data protection act etc that they can't just let anyone deal with orders etc but they could help packing boxes etc if they accepted help . Yes people are fiercely defending them . But I'm afraid they are lacking in business acumen if they cannot support Mazzik properly they have family , Wai has a brother surely he could help out as he's been helping set up the refurbished premises .. I for one would not recommend OSB , and will be telling others to stay clear .

They are obviously only selectively making full refunds to some buyers. I have been asking for a refund for weeks and has not had a response, so today I opened a paypal dispute to get back my final payment. Unfortunately, I will lose my initial deposit of £63 as this was paid over 18 months ago. They don't care, as long as they can keep our deposits. Just think how much of our money they are raking in for not supplying us with our item. I think they have planned this scam a long time ago. We are just too naive to think a fellow collector can do this to us.
I hope Wai Man and Maggie are proud of themselves for the way that have cheated us.

I know it has been said that Wai is not well, but this company's neglect of its customers stinks. What's the excuse every scammer gives when things go south? they always claim there are some serious health problems. I have started to not believe that excuse when I hear it. I really hope all of you get what's owed to you.

I know it has been said that Wai is not well, but this company's neglect of its customers stinks. What's the excuse every scammer gives when things go south? they always claim there are some serious health problems. I have started to not believe that excuse when I hear it. I really hope all of you get what's owed to you.
Thank you. At last, someone not sticking up for OSB! For months, we were made to feel like we were totally unreasonable customers by some members (you know who you are).
When I had an operation and was off work, I managed to do so much admin on the computer. As long as there is no brain failure and it was a physical disability, there is just no excuse for not responding to emails. I may not get my full refund, but I want others to know about OSB and not end up like me. It also highlights the beauty of this scam using paypal for the pre-orders.

One Sixth Bruce just posted on Facebook

Hi All, updates on HT orders…

Shipping from our supplier’s next week.
Marty McFly

After the above then it’s the delayed Iron Man’s (which could arrive same time as above)
Igor, MKXLLI, Iron Patriot, Starboost, Silver Centurion, Heart Breaker

RoboCops, Batman Armories will follow after the Iron Man delivery

The following delayed orders
Loki, Wolverine, Captain America sets, Thor, Starlord, Gamora, Black Widow and others – I will email all customers concerned directly via a blanket email update. (this will be done within 24hrs as I have to ask timescale for each for delivery)

Thanks Mazzik

One Sixth Bruce just posted on Facebook

Hi All, updates on HT orders…

Shipping from our supplier’s next week.
Marty McFly

After the above then it’s the delayed Iron Man’s (which could arrive same time as above)
Igor, MKXLLI, Iron Patriot, Starboost, Silver Centurion, Heart Breaker

RoboCops, Batman Armories will follow after the Iron Man delivery

The following delayed orders
Loki, Wolverine, Captain America sets, Thor, Starlord, Gamora, Black Widow and others – I will email all customers concerned directly via a blanket email update. (this will be done within 24hrs as I have to ask timescale for each for delivery)

Thanks Mazzik
At last, a response!!!
Please can I have a full refund for my Batman Armoury. I'm sick of waiting.

Back