What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know? You mean libel and defamation?

Sorry man, just being an ass!

I agree with you but....I've had emails like that from them and then I've seen all Hell still break loose over on the social media (look at the ASM2 issues). No matter what we say or whose side any of us are on (I'm on the side of all collectors, myself included...I just want my figures at decent prices) there seems to be a social media one sixth sewing circle determined to see them fail.

That is what I find sad.

I'll leave it there before I'm accused of something I haven't done - but, yes, "defamation". It's a typo.

I must also point out that I'm not on social media - so can't comment on that - but I've not had the emails you say you've had. So, it's my point of view. Anyway. . . I'm outta here :)

Anx1ous...don't be so anxious man, I was just goofing. I do agree with you and the points you've raised.

I've had email updates regarding figures or stock. I've had HT come with shippers, some people haven't. I have no idea why that is.

We're all friends...or should be. I have the backs of the collectors but I also have the backs of the dealers like OSB.

Why can't we all...just...get along?

What I don't understand is that the answer is so simple. You don't ask for full payment until you have them in your warehouse ready to ship. Someone tell me why they can't do that. All this asking for payment and then saying oh they never arrived as expected is what causes question marks more than customers complaining.

I asked why MB couldn't do that and we all now know why. So now I'm asking why OSB can't do that. Unless they do they will always have the suggestion that something dodgy is going down hanging over them and it's their own fault. All they need to do is get their "they're on a pallet and will be with you in two weeks" confirmation. Ignore it because it's been proven as unreliable (or simply made up). Then when the figures don't arrive 2 weeks later, nobody is out of pocket and they have less work to do because nobody needs a refund.

It's so simple a solution that you cannot trust them if they continue taking money for stuff that's about to arrive, knowing full well that it isn't.

I apologise, just as you are not pointing any fingers, I'm not pointing any at you. I think you have valid points but I was just using your post as a reason again to state that I see this as very different from the MB scenario. The FB issues are the ones which I have problems with. It is only a matter of time until they drag the business down imo. (To be honest, if I was Wai Man I'd have just closed the door a long while ago so it does show what kind of a guy he is and what kind of a business they are).

To repeat Vince, thie issues everybody has regarding communicative cannot be solved simply cannot be resolved by throwing more money at it (staff solutions). They have already involved Mazzik which is an additional expense and with the people requesting refunds (justified...I've said that from day one also) thus increasing expenditure and limiting the cash flow of the business will only see further problems for everybody.

Mazzik has in fairness tried to keep people updated via FB and twitter and man has he come in for some stick. Even last night he was getting flack for answering posts on fb but not via those awaiting emails...the poor guy was in bed on his iphone just trying to field some questions and yet grumpy collectors keep applying the pressure.

I know people have money tied up in stock with them. I understand their frustrations. Like Vince, I've always said that those unhappy should seek refunds or other methods of claiming back their money rather than start slinging allegations around in a charged atmosphere like FB. This not only goes for OSB but all UK sellers. Once they've had the pound of flesh from Maggie and WM who is next?

If things carry on like this we'll end up with FP solely issuing Hot Toys in the UK and we'll all lose out.

More likely a vocal minority of customers, as it seems to be the same few over and over again.

How do you expect this to be paid for?

Pointless unless they actually have something to report, otherwise they are just opening themselves up to more negativity and criticism which they will then have to spend time deleting, I thought you wanted them answering emails?!

See above.

There is only so many times they can public ally say they are waiting for stock. As a customer, I have however had a number of emailed updates song would guess it's likely these have been sent to all relevant customers.
I take your point , but clearly the workload is too much for one person , like with the amazing Spider-Man QC issue , 250 emails, more workload just for one person , and yes they would have to be paid somehow, however clipper king from YouTube offered to work for them for free , but it's unfair to expect one person to manage the workload that mazzik has to do on his own , and I have information come my way from a customer who pm'd me on Facebook allegedly and I say ALLEDGEDLY before, someone accuses me of **** stirring , that they recieved batman66 last year and had an email from Wai telling them not to say anything .....now if that's the case and again I say IF, then that is not a good way to do business

If true (like you say it is alleged) I wouldn't be upset. (More conjecture) I believe Osb get their stock in batches. I'd imagine that some of the moaners have preordered in later batches and therefore have to wait longer. The alleged comment makes sense to me as if it were me running the show, the last thing I'd want is somebody bragging about a figure whilst I'm getting 300 emails a week giving me grief.

As I said,it's only conjecture on my part as I ordered Mos within minutes and was in the first batch. I was slow with Batman and Robin and had to wait.

If true (like you say it is alleged) I wouldn't be upset. (More conjecture) I believe Osb get their stock in batches. I'd imagine that some of the moaners have preordered in later batches and therefore have to wait longer. The alleged comment makes sense to me as if it were me running the show, the last thing I'd want is somebody bragging about a figure whilst I'm getting 300 emails a week giving me grief.

As I said,it's only conjecture on my part as I ordered Mos within minutes and was in the first batch. I was slow with Batman and Robin and had to wait.
Yes I agree Jim , it is only conjecture and I think it was clearly a case of a person making the bullets for other people to fire , what I don't like either was the comment on Facebook of someone suggesting that they call bbc watchdog .....thus only igniting the situation further.

What would watchdog do? OSB would only have to show their books and be transparent about it. Preorders via deposit securing an item to be delivered once in stock. If Osb have a contract with their suppliers or money has been paid from Osb to their suppliers Watchdog can't do anything.
With regards to the lack of contact, emails etc; what can watchdog really do about that?
For every person Watchdog gets to make claims I'm sure Osb can produce satisfied customers who have their figures or who have had refunds.

As far as the figure buying public are concerned, Osb are legit, nobody is breaking the law etc. Watchdog weren't interested in Mb, I doubt they would go after Osb.

How many of you have had your Mk42s through? I remember one of you getting it a few months back. Still waiting a refund, mind. Just not sure if they're stringing me along till it comes in.

What would watchdog do? OSB would only have to show their books and be transparent about it. Preorders via deposit securing an item to be delivered once in stock. If Osb have a contract with their suppliers or money has been paid from Osb to their suppliers Watchdog can't do anything.
With regards to the lack of contact, emails etc; what can watchdog really do about that?
For every person Watchdog gets to make claims I'm sure Osb can produce satisfied customers who have their figures or who have had refunds.

As far as the figure buying public are concerned, Osb are legit, nobody is breaking the law etc. Watchdog weren't interested in Mb, I doubt they would go after Osb.
As to that , I was mearly quoting what I saw on the OSB Facebook page, and it was taken down thankfully before more and more people saw that, I have sifted through this thread from the very beginning , and in retail there is no better advertisement than word of mouth, and I do hope that OSB succeed and come out of this, and I hope that Wai health issues improve too, and yes their rep may very well take a knock , but as the old saying goes "actions speak louder than words" and I'm sure that OSB will get on top of things , it will take time but I'm sure they will. But posts like the one I quoted , and others on their Facebook page just ignites more tension and what starts to happen it's turned into a witch hunt . I know that some people have used them for years etc and know Maggie and Wai personally in some cases , but for those new customers that say have never used OSB before , and remember the MB issues then they are naturally going to think uh oh ....., and that is only human nature to think that , such is the legacy of damage that MB did to the collecting community and that ,is the real sad part the seed of doubt was planted by them ,,so however wrong it is that people make the comparison , that comparison will be made. We know that OSB are not going to do that to their customers , I'm just playing devils advocate here and suggesting what a new customer would think . But to pick up on the suggestion I made about getting more staff , no I don't know how extra staff would be paid , maybe Wai brother help out as I know form stage as he was helping out with the new premises from a feed I saw on osb's instagram feed. But it is only logical with the amount of work clearly being swamped and Mazzik must be like wishing he could cloan himself I'm sure and he's only just started, so for his sake alone that's why I made that suggestion .

I'm still without a replacement for my MoS figure. Last time I heard from them they wanted me to send back the figure and pay for the return cost myself. What an unprofessional company. I'm not sending **** back until I get what I paid for. I'm not risking sending back the figure and ending up with nothing but lost money, that's how much I have lost my trust in OSB after this fiasco with delays. OSB are starting to remind me of mother's basement.

I'm still without a replacement for my MoS figure. Last time I heard from them they wanted me to send back the figure and pay for the return cost myself. What an unprofessional company. I'm not sending **** back until I get what I paid for. I'm not risking sending back the figure and ending up with nothing but lost money, that's how much I have lost my trust in OSB after this fiasco with delays. OSB are starting to remind me of mother's basement.

I'm not trying to stick up for OSB (they have a fair bit of my money and I have nothing to show for it yet) but how does not sending your figure back help you? Presumably it has a fault that you are not happy with? They have requested that you send it back to them so that they can inspect the figure for the fault before replacing it? I'm not sure that there are many companies that would just just accept a customer's word that an item was faulty, send out a replacement just like that and hope that the customer would be honest enough to send the faulty figure back to them. I understand your frustration with the wait and the cost but if it was me, I would send the figure back and once they acknowledged that the figure was faulty, ask for a replacement and costs to cover your postage expenses. If you do nothing, it wouldn't surprise me that they did nothing too and you will be left with a figure that you are unhappy with.

I'm not trying to stick up for OSB (they have a fair bit of my money and I have nothing to show for it yet) but how does not sending your figure back help you? Presumably it has a fault that you are not happy with? They have requested that you send it back to them so that they can inspect the figure for the fault before replacing it? I'm not sure that there are many companies that would just just accept a customer's word that an item was faulty, send out a replacement just like that and hope that the customer would be honest enough to send the faulty figure back to them. I understand your frustration with the wait and the cost but if it was me, I would send the figure back and once they acknowledged that the figure was faulty, ask for a replacement and costs to cover your postage expenses. If you do nothing, it wouldn't surprise me that they did nothing too and you will be left with a figure that you are unhappy with.

I understand what you mean. Normally I would return the defective figure before I received my replacement. But that applies to a retailer that I trust and one that doesn't need a thread "What's up with OneSixthBruce?". I don't trust OSB no more than I would ever do with say Mother's Basement. They have hidden my comments on Facebook and acted like nothing telling me they do that a lot as if it was an excuse (Mother's Basement warning right there). They have lied about the arrival of the Batman 66 duo on several occasions (Mother's Basement warning yet again) until I had enough and asked for a refund. If I send my defective figure back, what guarantee do I have that I will receive a replacement? Are they supposed to be worried that I won't send back the defective figure when they are the ones under scrutiny by many customers (with justifiable reasons)? No no no, I'm the one who's worried that they won't be honest and send me a replacement. In this case considering the circumstances, they should be sending out the replacement before I risk ending up with nothing. If I lived in the UK, it would be easier for me, maybe I could just take a drive to wherever they are located and do the trade. But I live abroad and it's harder for me to reclaim my money if I don't receive my replacement. I simply can't trust them.

Why should they trust you? No retailer would issue another figure without evidence of damage. Usually you have to send it back or show that you have destroyed it.
You're the one losing out, you have a broken or damaged figure and won't send it back to get a replacement? The Man of Steel is one of the few hot toys figures they have in stock.
You're punishing yourself.
I feel for you with your frustrations but just it back registered and you'll get your replacement.

Why should they trust you? No retailer would issue another figure without evidence of damage. Usually you have to send it back or show that you have destroyed it.
You're the one losing out, you have a broken or damaged figure and won't send it back to get a replacement? The Man of Steel is one of the few hot toys figures they have in stock.
You're punishing yourself.
I feel for you with your frustrations but just it back registered and you'll get your replacement.

No evidence? I sent them pictures. Not trust me? Sorry but I'm not the one lying and hiding people's comments on Facebook like they are.

No evidence? I sent them pictures. Not trust me? Sorry but I'm not the one lying and hiding people's comments on Facebook like they are.

Where have they lied to you about your broken figure? They have offered to replace it once you send the defective one back. It's standard practice for most companies.

Either send it back and get your replacement, or enjoy your damaged figure.

OSB are it lying about anything they are just very low on resources to deal with the every increasing orders , it has been suggested that they stop with the preorders as they could be making a rod for their own back by just making more work, also it has been stated earlier in this thread that hot toys are getting a bit annoyed with grey importers or their suppliers that and the fact that hot toys intend to increase their prices are going to make it very difficult for people like OSB to get stock , hot toys customer service very bad indeed and has been comprehensively documented in YouTube , one from the clipper king and his amazing Spider-Man 1 figure and the problems he had with shoulder joints and OSB stating at the start that because he didn't buy from a verified hot toys seller like forbidden planet then they were not going to do anything about it . OSB have no indication of lying and by hiding posts that are criticising them it's because they don't want others to get on the band wagon which is understandable , in the current economic climate , for despite the government saying otherwise I believe the recession has not left us and making small companies like OSB struggle. Also was mentioned earlier hit toys increasing their prices a fact reflected in hot toys avengers age of ulton , Vision figure at £229.00 and considering the lack of much in the way of accessories for this figure hot toys clearly to up their game otherwise people will likely turn away from them. Hopefully OSB will come through this , but it's going to take some time if they keep the situation as is with inky one person doing admin etc.... I understand why they delete some post because I believe some , not all post on their face book page just to stir the pot as it were , like I've said before they need more help otherwise they will never get in top of the situation , also it has been said in here that people don't want to hear the success stories (those that have had good experiences ) , well the simple answer to that is the ones that are still waiting for figures are in a less receptive nature because they are so frustrated . Also it has been stated that only a small number of people have either problems with OSB or state that they have had no reply from OSB ....well only the ones that have access to social media have posted I believe that their are more and I'd you look at their Facebook page that list has increased , so it's not "just the same whiney people" as one person stated . There has to be some give at OSB , wither they stop getting or advertising for preorders ,which 1) they can't afford to do as they will miss the allocation of pre orders for latest figures or 2) they employ more people to deal with the ever increasing workload if they keep advertising for more pre orders . Employing more people is the only logical thing to do they will get through the back log quicker and they really need to do this if they are to survive this storm that has been gathering over them since last year , only the will the critics be silenced and and they will have a more positive future

Where have they lied to you about your broken figure? They have offered to replace it once you send the defective one back. It's standard practice for most companies.

Either send it back and get your replacement, or enjoy your damaged figure.

I'd appreciate it if you read my comments before responding to them.

They lied about the Batman 66 duo for several months telling me they were coming soon until I gave up and demanded my money back. They removed my comments on Facebook where I asked questions, politely. I don't trust someone who does that. They also said they often hide people's comments. Wtf? Yeah that makes me trust them even more.

If it's their standard practice to get the defective figure back before than perhaps they should do an exception because they aren't working as they should, you know, their "standard".

I've had replacements sent out to me from other shops before sending the old one back or destroying it without problems. Oh yeah, I can't destroy the defective figure because OSB does grey import. Maybe if they didn't they wouldn't have these issues with delays and having to lie to their customers.

Again, normally I would send back the defective figure but this isn't a normal situation. I might end up with no figure at all that I paid for and about £20-30 lost in shipping costs. Do you think that's better? Gimme a break.

After the fiasco with mothers basement I'm a lot more careful and I haven't pre-ordered anything from OSB so far and I never intend to. I'm getting so many warnings with the lies about the incoming figures and removal of Facebook comments that I simply can't trust them at all.

Back