What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anyone still waiting for a HT TDW Thor? Made final payment on 29th Jan , as it was due in next week ... but no sign of it.
Emailed them a few times but no reply :( .. AOU Thor is nearly announced

Yeah, I'm waiting on mine. They emailed me to say there was a delay on them ages ago

Makes me feel better if i can stop someone else from wasting their time. the chance for me to get them under £250 has gone. I just want what i paid for. Otherwise i have given someone an 18 month interest free loan. I should be charging osb interest!

Makes me feel better if i can stop someone else from wasting their time. the chance for me to get them under £250 has gone. I just want what i paid for. Otherwise i have given someone an 18 month interest free loan. I should be charging osb interest!

True, but you can get them brand new and sealed from Lee Ward (owner of TheGoodTheBad&TheRobots) for £280 - if I was as upset as you seem to be then I think I'd have sucked up the extra £30

True, but you can get them brand new and sealed from Lee Ward (owner of TheGoodTheBad&TheRobots) for £280 - if I was as upset as you seem to be then I think I'd have sucked up the extra £30
I can't believe some of the responses we've had from members. We should be outraged by how we've been treated. We paid a lot of money well in advance with no guarantee we'll ever see the money again (outside the 180 day paypal protection). Only OSB knows how much of our money they have. It would be in the thousands. This money we no longer have could be invested elsewhere by OSB or ourselves. We get no replies to our emails, and the messages we get before the final payment are lies as they promise shipment in 2-3 weeks. Have our members lost all sense of the real world!!!

I can't believe some of the responses we've had from members. We should be outraged by how we've been treated. We paid a lot of money well in advance with no guarantee we'll ever see the money again (outside the 180 day paypal protection). Only OSB knows how much of our money they have. It would be in the thousands. This money we no longer have could be invested elsewhere by OSB or ourselves. We get no replies to our emails, and the messages we get before the final payment are lies as they promise shipment in 2-3 weeks. Have our members lost all sense of the real world!!!

Why do you feel that only the negative posters opinion should be valid?

I've not lost any sense of the real world and have had only good service (barring the delays) from OSB.

As I've stated a number of times now, if people are as aggrieved as you suggest, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You seem to think that my posts are saying people should lay back and take it, when in fact that couldn't be further from the truth. I've suggested over and over that there are perfectly legal means of retrieving any and all money's paid out if people so wish

If i was doing this to a buyer i would be apologising every week. Its clear to me that delays are caused by trying to get a better deal for them in hk. Otherwise everything would be shipped within days. Before sideshow get theres.

I think Mazz has stated on fb that thors and robocops are due in next. The asm2 figures seem to have been an issue with qc and they are offering everybody refunds.
Osb have had some Batman and Robin figures go through them but if the numbers ordered were anything.like the Mos or robocops figures, they will be trying to fill pallets for shipment for a while yet. Remember, Osb are grey dealers. They aren't getting stock shipped en masse from hot toys like Amerang or Sideshow. They have contacts buying units to fill pallets for shipment.
You guys upset have a right to be negative but you also will get refunds from Osb. As Vincent has said, if you're unhappy why not get your money back and go elsewhere? If they aren't answering your emails, then go the legal route. You may not but I trust Waiman and I know he'd refund anybody who was unhappy, it may take a while but he'll do it. I honestly doubt they've invested the hard earned from collectors to make money. They are collectors themselves (look at WM's recent actions on fb with a Batmobile), Mazz is also a collector. The trouble has come in bundles for them and it's taking time to recover but they are getting there.
I'm pro Osb because I've never had an issue getting figures from them burthen I've never moaned about them. I waited for the Mos figure for a long time and I was one of the first orders taken for it...it was a while coming but I knew I'd get it and it's not as if my life depending on a figure sitting in my detolf.

Kev, I hope you get your B&R I truly do. They are great figures and well worth the extra thirty quid if you decide to cancel and go elsewhere.

It is quite interesting to see this from both sides - I can appreciate the sentiments of those frustrated members who have paid good money and are still waiting for news about the figures that they have paid for, when it seems everybody else received theirs from other sources ages ago. From that perspective, it is easy to see how frustration can turn to anger. I'm not sure how helpful it is to guess why the delay have occurred - I would be surprised that with the delays that OSB have experienced, they would be "holding out for a better deal in Hong Kong" whilst their customers were getting ever angrier.

I also wonder if OSB could have avoided some of this negative feeling by posting some updates on their site to help explain what has been happening in terms of delays and announcing when items have arrived (although I do appreciate that it is hard to do that if you are ill as is the case for Wai Man). I see that lately, Mazz has been doing this on their Facebook page and people have appreciated the reply even if there has been no new information.

Personally, when I have emailed, I have received a reply. I am still yet to receive my first order from them but I can wait and I'm pretty sure I won't die if everybody else gets Starboost before me. I have also continued to pre-order some of the stuff I wanted in spite of becoming aware of delays on this thread. Why? Because their prices tend to be the best - they are consistently cheaper than every other seller in the UK (grey importer I know, but the figures are the same). Sure, every now and then Sideshow may do some freak discount/sale thing where they turn out cheaper but that is not common and nobody is able to predict which figures they will do that for. At the point of pre-order, you know that the OSB final price will tend to be at the lower end of the range and if you are thinking of multiple purchases, those savings all add up! Also, posts from the likes of inked and jimbits have given me re- assurance that OSB are not a cowboy outfit - just a small company going through a rough patch. That being the case, support rather than hostility is what they could do with, as the last thing collectors in the UK need is the loss of another source for our Hot Toys addiction (apparently, there are other brands too!) I don't tend to use one supplier exclusively, so for anything that I think I want sooner, I have recently found a great seller who is more local to me.

I can understand why you guys are probably tired of hearing people complaining, but I'm in the same situation as kev here. Yes, OSB are apparently very honest, cheaper prices, etc. Totally fine. They're going through a rough patch. But suggesting he continually pester them on their social media, email or use a legal route to get a solution is silly. It's fine to vent here, this is why that thread exists. Future buyers will know what they're getting into.

It isn't that difficult to set up a page or spreadsheet for people to access to learn the status of their stock. They could email out the link; less need for them to reply to every email - which they don't do very well, looking at this thread's history.

After sending 3 emails to OSB over the past 2 weeks asking for a refund, I just now got a reply.

They are saying that the final pallet of stock is shipping next week via air cargo.

Yeah got that email. So why has it taken 11 months to ship from hk? Maybe get robin n batman in june then.

Is anyone still waiting for their Hot Toys Man of Steel Superman figure? I was told it was ready for shipping in January & I've sent emails & still no reply. I'm also waiting for the Batman armoury.

Don't use Toyhq either. They're also ****. And Wanted-Toys.com are a scam. A kingdom for an honest seller?

Hi,
I ordered from wanted-toys.com last week prior to reading this post you made about them being a scam. I haven't heard from them since and have no idea if they sent out the ACI ringwraigt I ordered. Should I be worried? Have they scammed you?
I paid with paypal so I feel protected, how soon can I file a claim?

Poor Mazzick seems to be taking a lot of flack on the Facebook page. I would see his announcement as a good thing - hopefully regular updates etc. but some have used his announcement to vent their frustration. Hope things will now start to work out for them.

I have not received my Man of Steel body replacement yet as I was promised...

Nice to see alot of the unhappy folk out in the open for a change. i am a new customer so dont know when to believe them. Heard every excuse. Was told shipping end of may 2014 so final payment paid, then delayed, then wai in hospital then all shipped by xmas, how hard is it? You place an order with supplier, when they have enough orders they ship. Being sick only affects your processing of items once in the uk. Would be happy to hear- hey we have 20 pallets here but wai is sick so will be a 2 month delay.

Back