What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mazzik for your response. But I'm afraid it is just another excuse. It's really just a very simple scam - you take a pre-order deposit and because the item won't be available for over 180 days after paypal payment, whether or not you decide to go ahead with the final payment or not, you will lose this deposit to OSB if you decide to cancel the order. OSB must be making thousands of pounds using this scam.
My plan now is to see if I get my order of the Batman armoury before the 180 days (June 2015) and if I don't I will open a paypal dispute to get this money back. After that I'm seriously thinking of going down the small claims court to retrieve my initial pre-order deposit. Even though the amount is small, it is a mater of principle. If anyone out there wants to get together with me, we can try a group action to reclaim the money owed.

Thanks Mazzik for your response. But I'm afraid it is just another excuse. It's really just a very simple scam - you take a pre-order deposit and because the item won't be available for over 180 days after paypal payment, whether or not you decide to go ahead with the final payment or not, you will lose this deposit to OSB if you decide to cancel the order. OSB must be making thousands of pounds using this scam.
My plan now is to see if I get my order of the Batman armoury before the 180 days (June 2015) and if I don't I will open a paypal dispute to get this money back. After that I'm seriously thinking of going down the small claims court to retrieve my initial pre-order deposit. Even though the amount is small, it is a mater of principle. If anyone out there wants to get together with me, we can try a group action to reclaim the money owed.

Or you could just ask for your money back, OSB have always been very accommodating for me.

It's certainly not a scam as you claim, and you may wish to rethink posting such things, as while you seem to think you know the law (Good luck with a group action in this sort of case in the UK), there are definitely laws in place to protect people and companies from libellous statements posted on the internet that could be seen as defamation.

While OSB have had issues they have certainly not set out to scam anyone

Last edited:
Or you could just ask for your money back, OSB have always been very accommodating for me.

I agree he should ask for his deposit back, but looking at the experiences here and on Facebook, many of those requests are ignored.

I agree he should ask for his deposit back, but looking at the experiences here and on Facebook, many of those requests are ignored.

And many aren't, it doesn't give him the right to post libellous accusations, and as I've said many times in this thread (which seem to have been ignored more than the emails to OSB), there are legal means to obtaining a refund from any company that haven't fulfilled their contractual obligations (that don't include a group/class action lawsuit)

Vince is right. It is not a scam.

Look at the customers who are satisfied quickly with figures in stock! If the HT stock was in, OSB would be just as fast issuing it.

Forgetting all of the shipping container/Wai Man been ill/understaffed arguments, the issue here we are talking about is OSB's status as a toy company. OSB are a grey dealer. They make that clear. They have guys out East who pick up their stock and then it is shipped to the UK for distribution. They are not an official HT retailer like your FPs or Sideshow. As such they cannot just ring up HT and order 1000 figures for shipping to the UK. Their guys have to source them and fill pallets for shipment. The numbers of MOS figures or Robocop figures ordered were at ridiculous numbers and that alone is enough to provide hold ups without the backlog of shipments through overseas container shipping / personal illness etc.

Mazzik himself has stated that there are masses of emails to sort through. Just the recent ASM2 email situation would be enough for a full time office/admin worker to plough through and resolve.

I fully believe that with Mazzik in place and WM on the mend, this mountain of admin will reduce....they are certainly moving in the right direction. You might not be happy with the service but at least give them credit for that.

Remember as well, WM has had health issues, issue enough for a serious operation. Anybody out there with or with a loved one with a serious health issue, how has that affected your concentration, your regular 9-5?

Please think about it, think about what the company is trying to do and think about how WM could have just closed the doors and said sod it leaving us all out of pocket. Instead, as collectors they have tried and tried to do the right thing by all of us. It may not keep everybody happy, they may not be giving us weekly updates but at the very least I don't think they deserve any libellous statements on internet forums.

I agree 100%. Stuff happens. But people see they have time to post new preorders yet cant answer emails. All we want is to feel like they actually care about us as customers. I dont feel the gratitude. And they are at toycon this weekend?

I've only used OSB once and I was really happy with them. I ordered the HT General Zod from them a few weeks ago and they put it on sale a week later. They then refunded me the difference without any request from me, saving me about £30 :yess:

It's certainly not a scam as you claim, and you may wish to rethink posting such things, as while you seem to think you know the law (Good luck with a group action in this sort of case in the UK), there are definitely laws in place to protect people and companies from libellous statements posted on the internet that could be seen as defamation.

Vince, I would love to have OSB take me to court and justify the way they have dealt with their customers and held on to their money for years! Perhaps if they only take your money when the product has been delivered, then I can believe it is not a scam. Vince, perhaps you can encourage OSB to take legal action against me! You seem to have some close links with them.

Vince, I would love to have OSB take me to court and justify the way they have dealt with their customers and held on to their money for years! Perhaps if they only take your money when the product has been delivered, then I can believe it is not a scam. Vince, perhaps you can encourage OSB to take legal action against me! You seem to have some close links with them.

They wouldn't need to justify anything if they decided to take you to court, only sit back and watch as you can't prove that your accusations of them scamming people were true. And thus damaging to their business and character.

They have already stopped taking full payment upfront on preorders so that customers are not handing over large sums of money a year in advance.

They are employing someone to deal with the day to day running of the business while WM is recovering from back surgery so hopefully there will be more direct contact from them.

I don't need to encourage OSB to do anything, I'm just a happy customer. As I've said many times (to no avail), if you are so unhappy, why don't YOU take THEM to court and get your money back?

Seems like my batman and robin may arrive in the next few weeks. (yeah heard it before i know.) sadly for them their lies have lost me as a customer.

I've sent more Emails and tried to get their attention on Facebook about getting refunded and still no reply. :(

Yep yesterday. Would have prefered they had the hot toys shipper boxes but just glad to have them. No apology, no discount. Unless they can explain why it to so long i wont be using them again.

Kev

I'm pleased you got them. I know you are frustrated with the wait and that's fair but I think they are worth the wait. They are great figures. Be careful with handling the Bats suit.

Yeah makes it worth the wait. Theres not alot of vintage figures. Shame we wont see more 66batman. Have to pick up marty.

Has anyone received the Batman armoury? They were supposed to have been shipped in January.

Back