What's up with Majestic's lines?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drastic Plastic, now there is a company that was up and down all through out the 90's. I still have a Lee's Action Figure mag that paid lots of lip service to them.

Drastic is another one man operation. I know the owner pretty well, but I haven't talked to him since Christmas I'd bet. He does a lot of manufacturing rep work for other companies now - more money it in, less hassle.

Ironman1188 said:
Granted the early sculpts from Majestic are rather lacking, however, Adama, Phibes and the Dark Shadows characters are really quite good. They could use much better paint apps, but the sculpts are right in there.

Honestly, I think my Barnabas figure has some of the better paint apps out of the figures I've had and some I've seen. He's not glossy, like my Mulder figure; he's appropriately pale, unlike my Angel figure; he's doesn't look like he went through his girlfriend's lipstick, unlike the Anakins I've seen; the paint isn't sloppy, unlike my Medicom Jack; and it isn't so thick that you can't see the detail on his face.

I agree with you on the sculpts, though. However, from the admittedly not so great pics I've seen of Lee Adama on the new BSG, it looks like they might have taken a step back in sculpt, at least on this figure.

Wasn't Drastic originally the company responsible for the Hard Corps debacle? Their Hitler was top notch though and I, too, had hoped to see them branch out.
Hey!! Maybe they could return with 1:6 Hard Corps figures?!?!?!?

Back