What's up with Majestic's lines?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josette

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm getting a little impatient with this company because you never hear anything from them. At around SDCC it was said that they were redesigning their website for august, but it hasn't been touched. The only line they seem to be currently working on - at least the one they've actually mentioned - is the new BSG. I know the Cylon & Apollo are due in October, but there's been no mention of a second series of Dark Shadows figures and this is depressing me. I figured they'd say something about it at comic con, but they didn't. Supposedly at the DS fest one of the actors mentioned getting to be an 'action figure' early next year, which is the only thing I've heard about them possibly continuing the line.

I'm also surprised they didn't mention picking up any new lines at comic con.... The new BSG seems to be the only reason they even went.

I hope this doesn't mean they're going under... their announcements are few and far between. It would be a shame since they have released some really great figures and I'd love to see them pick up some more liscenses!

the new cylon is pretty good, I got it at SDCC. I'd imagine Dark Shadows didn't sell well and that's why we aren't seeing any more.

At least they aren't like Scifi Metropolis, which had announced a 2nd series of Lost in Space figures for May of this year and haven't updated their site since August 2005.

Their site was just redsigned not that long ago. True the pix and info haven't been updated that much [still waiting to see classic Boomer and Athena] but I'd rather they put the $ into the product than the site.
SFM has updated their site as of this month. Unfortunately there isn't alot of new product to go with the new design, but they do show the 1:6 Lost in Space space pod!!! WOW!!! I need to hit the lottery and buy a house just for the collection. Their second wave will be coming, it just won't be till after the holidays most likely.

Darklord Dave said:
the new cylon is pretty good, I got it at SDCC. I'd imagine Dark Shadows didn't sell well and that's why we aren't seeing any more.

Maybe. But then one of the actors at the Fest last month mentioned becoming an action figure next year, and it's highly unlikely they would be speaking of any other company except Majestic. If that's true, then they must have a series 2 planned.

I have mixed feelings about the new BSG figures. I wasn't overly enthusiastic about the Apollo sculpt - he's not a favorite, anyway, and the only cylons I want are Six and Boomer. If they had released, say, Adama and Boomer, I would be more excited.

I'd like for Majestic to stick around and continue their lines because SSC isn't doing anything for me right now with all their SW stuff. Other than Buffy, I have no lines to collect. Nice for the wallet, but bad for a passionate collector. I guess it's an even trade, though.

Ironman1188 said:
Their site was just redsigned not that long ago. True the pix and info haven't been updated that much [still waiting to see classic Boomer and Athena] but I'd rather they put the $ into the product than the site.

I know that their current layout is recent, but I read they were going to make the figures available to buy through the website. Don't know if they're still going to do that or not.

Last edited:
Well, it may not just be Majestic they were referring to. Diamond Select Toys said earlier this year that they tried to get the 7" figure rights to the new BSG but they were taken. Nobody ever announced anything, though.

I asked one of their guys at their booth at Comic Con if they had plans to do more Classic BSG figures like Baltar and Lucifer and the guy said that nobody wants Classic BSG only New BSG. Sorry but I'm an old-school BSG fan and I am dying for a John Colicos Baltar and a Lucifer with light-up christmas tree cone-head. The attitude I got from their "representative" or whoever he was was enough to tell me that they obviously don't care too much about the license so the hell with them.

To have acquired the rights to the original series and not deliver a John Colicos Baltar is absolutely stupid. It seems they may be treating this new BSG as their version of Sideshow's Star Wars. Serve only the big one and let the other lines whither.

bluesparrow said:
Well, it may not just be Majestic they were referring to. Diamond Select Toys said earlier this year that they tried to get the 7" figure rights to the new BSG but they were taken. Nobody ever announced anything, though.

I remember reading that, but I was referring to DS, and I doubt that any other company has gotten the rights to do a DS figure line in another scale, so if it's true that the actor said that at the Fest, there's a 99.9% chance that it's Majestic they were talking about. So where's an announcement?

I sort of expected their classic BSG line to be at an end because they never released the series 3 Boomer and Athena figures that were scheduled to be out earlier in the year. And there's been no news on them, so I guess they're not releasing them.

They need more than just the new BSG to survive, though, so they better try for other lines before they decide to quit everything else. They don't have Star Wars to fall back on.

The actor could have been sculpted but they then decided not to do the figure.

I'm kind of glad they're concentrating on the new BSG, but they costumes aren't as interesting. Also I could take the cartoony sculpts on the cheesy '80s show, but they're going to have to step up the likenesses if they want to compete with the new show.

Unless you have only ONE license you should concentrate on all that you have until you are established enough to disregard the collectors of your other lines. Granted the early sculpts from Majestic are rather lacking, however, Adama, Phibes and the Dark Shadows characters are really quite good. They could use much better paint apps, but the sculpts are right in there. That having been said [and said, and said....] some decent work from the sculptors could furnish us with great likenesses of John Colicos, Lloyd Bridges and Patrick Macnee. Not to mention how cool a couple of Borellian Nomen could look. Maybe a 2-pack of the 2 doctors?

Majestic is a very, very, VERY small company. The odds that they have the resources to focus on more than one license in any meaningful way is unlikely, and I'm not surprised they are putting the majority of their efforts behind the BSG.

One of these days soon I should have a review of their new Cylon up. I'm trying, man, I'm trying!

Maybe for Thursday night. Actually, I recently got a reader complaining that I'm reviewing too much sixth scale stuff. Of course, I get complaints about stuff like that (too much Buffy, too much Star Wars, too much cartoons, etc. etc. etc.) on a pretty regular basis.

You really need to do MORE sixth scale stuff - does anyone really care about the toys any more?

Dose anyone remember Drastic Plastic? Man, they made some really amazing 1/6 renditions of FDR and Hitler, and we were told to expect Stalin and Churchill in the second wave, but they never materialized. THere was a lot of bad blood between the owner and the guy who sculpted the originals for the heads and then they started editing unfavorable comments in their forums, and then they shifted to some stupid evil bear line before finally peterng out. That was sad....

That was a real bummer, Drastic Plastic made some great figures! I was really hoping to see them continue their historical figures and maybe even branch out into some film properties... too bad. I wonder what they are doing now?

Back