What's the most you've ever paid?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmoney5000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Howdy ladies and what I assume to be mostly gents!

Anyways, I recently dropped about $511 USD on a new Hot Toys DX11! It's my second Hot Toys ever and my most expensive ever!

Anyways, I don't regret paying that much for it since I think the figure is amazing, but it got me thinking...what's the most you have ever dropped for a collectible and did you have any regrets???

HT blade for about 500$, regret a couple weeks later when **** broke and the quality wasnt that great. I kept it cuz i didnt think anyone would want blade without the 2nd jacket and broken gun holsters.

Bought DX06 about a month ago for 450$, i'm unemployed so its quite a lot of money for me but it was worth it.

You knew this was coming:

one-million-dollars.jpg

Jeez! And I thought my $511 was extreme.
Anyone here break the $1000 mark???
:lol people regularly spend over a grand on custom figures.

Yeah, perhaps the question is more around 'how much over original retail have you paid for a 1/6 figure?'
...or OP is quite new to the hobby (and nothing wrong with that)

The Australian prices (including shipping) for the Blitzway 1/3 Bruce Lee statues are $1000
Prime 1 Batman Arkham Knight 1/3 scale statue is US$900 at Sideshow's site before shipping so anyone buying that is crossing $1000.
(and its A$1500 with shipping at Popcultcha)

I still remember 5 years ago when people were looking at the escalating prices with disgust and posting that one day a bare bones figure will probably be US$200 :D

I can't come close to the Endo! :lol Right now my highest paid statue is Arkham Knight Batman, and Arkham Knight from Prime 1. Both $899.99 US, and a lot more Canadian! XM Daredevil will be right up beside them as well...I'm not sure which will win out as most expensive once shipping and customs fees are done, but I know the loser is my wallet. :lol

Don't have it yet, but pretty sure no regrets even at $7000. Chronicle 1:1 Full Endoskeleton.

I don't mind $1000 statues but $7000 is way over what I'd pay for anything but a screen used prop.
....if it was an Indy hat worn by Harrison Ford on set, i'd consider it, but even then I can't see myself going over $10K (a couple of them went at a Hollywood auction last year, for about $30,000 I think, so way out of my range!) :D

$850ish for a single figure, I think (custom figure of course). Most I ever paid for a licensed figure was probably $325-350, that I paid for Hicks a few years back, and I think I paid that for a recent Iron Man or two. I almost never pay much over retail for common Hot Toys figures, but then, I usually get the ones I want when they are released.

Paid 900 for a Betomatali Jason Voorhees figure. Still don't regret paying that much, such a dope looking figure! 20150620_134005 (1).jpg

I don't mind $1000 statues but $7000 is way over what I'd pay for anything but a screen used prop.
....if it was an Indy hat worn by Harrison Ford on set, i'd consider it, but even then I can't see myself going over $10K (a couple of them went at a Hollywood auction last year, for about $30,000 I think, so way out of my range!) :D

Any props I would want are way out of my price range. Much rather have a replica and money in the bank. You can pay hundreds of thousands for a screen used Endo, so $7K is not a bad deal IMO for the impact you get. I would rather have 1 amazing $7K piece than 7 nice $1K pieces, but that is a good problem to face.

Any props I would want are way out of my price range. Much rather have a replica and money in the bank. You can pay hundreds of thousands for a screen used Endo, so $7K is not a bad deal IMO for the impact you get. I would rather have 1 amazing $7K piece than 7 nice $1K pieces, but that is a good problem to face.

Trying to figure out the best way to use $7K on collectibles is indeed a nice issue to have to face :D

Back