Whats the hold up on 1:6 ewoks?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...If they had made Jar Jar slightly less clumsy and preplaced his dialogue with some sort of weird aquatic clicking noises he might have been sufferable. If Darth Maul had sliced him in half Phantom would instantly become a favorite film.

:goodpost::rotfl

The other Scout's looking for some nice herbs to cook him in.

:rotfl At seeing that painting, I immediately thought of "BBQ Ewok". Looks like that ewok already has some herbs on him...

Reading the book Making of Return of the Jedi by J. W. Rinzler, it's funny to hear that the majority of the crew thought that George was going too far with the Ewoks. Many were put off by his obsession with them. Even Mark Hamill commented that he thought having a small, more primitive species taking down the Empire was a good idea, but thought they should have a more feral look and not so cute.

I agree. Even after 33 years, the Ewoks truly suck.

I don't mind ewoks that much. They're cute. But yes, it would have been cooler to have a more ferocious/feral looking design....

Jar Jar, though... That's one character I will never learn to love.

I don't know man. I mean toy ewoks (especially plushes/pop vinyls) are cute and all..but ACTUAL ewoks are pretty damn creepy looking. With their giant black soulless eyes and teeth that stick out of there mouths.

I've been very pleased with Medicom Wicket... a smidge small, but still fits in well with my 1/6 collection.

wicketc.jpg

I'd buy two or three Ewoks personally. Give me Wicket and a couple others to go with him and I'd be happy.

If they made them with real fur I would be all over that. Id want wicket, chief chirpa, paploo, logray, teebo. All the ones I had kenner toys of. They have some great accessories.
I reckon hot toys are just struggling to work out how to get them to blink...

Imagine a Hot Toys Glider or AT-ST for the Ewoks!

Back