Whats the hold up on 1:6 ewoks?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love a couple of Ewoks but with Chewy now a furred figure, I can't see how SSC or HT would do sculpted, and doing furred would be even more difficult than Chewy due to the small size. They'd also need unique bodies of different sizes (though I guess the Jawa or Racoon bodies could be adapted. I actually think they'd sell reasonably well, but I don't see them happening.

Rocket Raccoon was sculpted. I imagine because of the smaller size of Ewoks, they would be sculpted as well.

THIS

haha

Always liked this picture :)
e8d3a55a8a9fab0d1fdd5c41eb440946.jpg

I think it's because they are crappy. Crappier than Gungans. The crappiest SW thing, I'll dare to say.

Boss Nass and Gungans are a million times worse than Ewoks. I don't need any Ewoks in my already overly crowded displays but Boss Nass and the two headed announcer from Phantom are two of the worst designed/realized aliens in any movie ever. Jar Jar sucks more than them because he was a "main" character and we had to listen to him talk his super bullsh*# voice/mannerisms. If they had made Jar Jar slightly less clumsy and preplaced his dialogue with some sort of weird aquatic clicking noises he might have been sufferable. If Darth Maul had sliced him in half Phantom would instantly become a favorite film.

Boss Nass and Gungans are a million times worse than Ewoks. I don't need any Ewoks in my already overly crowded displays but Boss Nass and the two headed announcer from Phantom are two of the worst designed/realized aliens in any movie ever. Jar Jar sucks more than them because he was a "main" character and we had to listen to him talk his super bullsh*# voice/mannerisms. If they had made Jar Jar slightly less clumsy and preplaced his dialogue with some sort of weird aquatic clicking noises he might have been sufferable. If Darth Maul had sliced him in half Phantom would instantly become a favorite film.
Pretty much every character besides a few main characters from TPM are worse than ewoks.

I love Jar Jar. Mostly because he weeds out fans who take this **** too seriously. :wink1:

Rocket Raccoon was sculpted. I imagine because of the smaller size of Ewoks, they would be sculpted as well.

But visually Racoon is over 2/3 jumpsuit. Ewoks are pretty much all-fur. Not saying it couldn't work, but they'd look a little odd next to Chewy.

I'm not paying $200+ for an ewok. Period!

How about $240 for two furred Ewoks?

Stormtrooper helmet drumkit is better :)

Yea, that would be sick. Or, for me atleast, that would be a whole other figure. Ewok drummer! Stormtrooper bucket, scout bucket, and AT-ST driver bucket. My god, the customizers would eat that up.

I do believe I have all those. Hasbro really pumped out the woks for awhile there before killing the OT line dead.

....and they always disappeared fro the pegs very quickly. The GG ewok stuff sold quick...the Sideshow Ewok statue sold out. Even the pricy Medicom one sold out.

If Sideshow or HT tackles these, they will sell...just as fast (if not faster) as all of the others that have been produced by Hasbro etc over the years...

I'd buy a set...

I could do wicket. But I wouldn't mind seeing teebo and logray too. Think they'd have to be fur for me to consider a purchase though. Hopefully HT has figured out how to make Chewie/fur profitable to consider ewoks.

I could do wicket. But I wouldn't mind seeing teebo and logray too. Think they'd have to be fur for me to consider a purchase though. Hopefully HT has figured out how to make Chewie/fur profitable to consider ewoks.

Agree about the fur. But would have been completely against it before owning chewie.

Back