Whats the future of 1:6 boba fett?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i6e913.jpg

My repainted Medi Fett. Hopefully HT will trump it when they handle him. That's what I hope the future brings. HT Fett.

Last edited:
pre-production-boba_01.jpg

Easy to do..not much work involved after the first..right up Sideshow's alley

Are you refering to the McQuarie concept fett or the white prototype armor? McQuarie woulf need almost a complete new set of armor and head sculpts, the prototype is just a straight white repaint

I'm very happy with the SSC fett and would not think to buy another 1:6 movie Fett unless HT makes some super DX version somehwere down the line. Given how long they're taking that could be a few good years.

Otherwise, I would buy a McQuarrie concept or white proto Fett easily. And of course, Jango.

It would be cool with a ROTJ and JANGO but they could include a clone head and a EXCLUSIVE BULLOCH sculpt other then a MQUARRIE ,ANIMATED would love some Bad ASS MANDELORIAN'S to make one Bad ASS Squad......

i6e913.jpg

My repainted Medi Fett. Hopefully HT will trump it when they handle him. That's what I hope the future brings. HT Fett.

Can you postmore of your re-painted fett? Lets us know what you did inclusive....cheers

Enough Boba's..give us some generic Mandalorians

If they do go the mandalorian route I would much prefer them to release just the armor and the clothing in some kind of clothing kit instead of a whole figure. It would be much cheaper and you could build your own mandalorians.

I'm very happy with the SSC fett and would not think to buy another 1:6 movie Fett unless HT makes some super DX version somehwere down the line. Given how long they're taking that could be a few good years.

Otherwise, I would buy a McQuarrie concept or white proto Fett easily. And of course, Jango.

This is exactly how I feel. I now have a really solid Fett. Someone would have to create something amazing to get me to feel I need an upgrade.

I'm happy with the ESB Fett. It's a one and done for me. The only thing I might consider is getting the ROTJ rifle loose when that version comes along.

This is exactly how I feel. I now have a really solid Fett. Someone would have to create something amazing to get me to feel I need an upgrade.

Some electronics would be cool...like a light up jetpack stabilizer, or chest LEDs....

I very solid Fett indeed. But with wrong colours, mistakes with the helmet shape. Sure it doesn't matter for the ones that just want a basic thing that looks alike. But does SS Fett look like this:

boba%20esb.jpg

IMO: No.

Jumpsuit is perfect, as are the gauntlets and shoulder/knee armor, sculpting is good enough, not for some, but for me it is.. But they got the colours wrong, of both chest and helmet.

I very solid Fett indeed. But with wrong colours, mistakes with the helmet shape. Sure it doesn't matter for the ones that just want a basic thing that looks alike. But does SS Fett look like this:

boba%20esb.jpg

Jumpsuit is perfect, as are the gauntlets and shoulder/knee armor, sculpting is good enough, not for some, but for me it is.. But they got the colours wrong, of both chest and helmet.

I think SS Fett does not look like that picture but neither does any other release to date. To be honest SS is the closest so far but I have a feeling when Hot Toys releases their version it will top SS. But when that happens and how much it will cost are two mysteries. :dunno

boba%20esb.jpg

If we're going to get REALLY nit-picky on a gorgeously finished figure (yes, SSC accurately reproduced every single dent/scratch on the helmet,) and for the future of 1/6 boba fett...

1. Helmet base not flared/wide enough, crown too vertical, horizontal mask slit not narrow enough at the ends, "arrows" above brow should be molded into helmet, not just painted
2. Knee armor pieces proportionately too large
3. Helmet and chest armor green very wrong
4. Upper pouches wrong sizes, shapes and flap orientations
5. Wookiee scalps do not appear like hair at all, more like woollen doll hair
6. Blaster rifle has noticeable "step" in the center part of the barrel that shouldn't be there
7. Shoulder bells too squared off
8. Jumpsuit not blue enough (or, by some accounts, not baggy enough)
9. Torso of figure too short, making belts etc. bunch up too much in the middle
10. Chest armor too box-like and plates too flat
11. Chest armor's vest lacks fluting detail on shoulders
12. Upper chest armor plates not shaped correctly - note proportionate width of LED display slots to width of armor plate

Last edited:
If we're going to get REALLY nit-picky on a gorgeously finished figure (yes, SSC accurately reproduced every single dent/scratch on the helmet,) and for the future of 1/6 boba fett...

1. Helmet base not flared/wide enough, crown too vertical, horizontal mask slit not narrow enough at the ends, "arrows" above brow should be molded into helmet, not just painted
2. Knee armor pieces proportionately too large
3. Helmet and chest armor green very wrong
4. Upper pouches wrong sizes, shapes and flap orientations
5. Wookiee scalps do not appear like hair at all, more like woollen doll hair
6. Blaster rifle has noticeable "step" in the centre part of the barrel that shouldn't be there
7. Shoulder bells too squared off
8. Jumpsuit not blue enough (or, by some accounts, not baggy enough)
9. Torso of figure too short, making belts etc. bunch up too much in the middle
10. Chest armor too box-like and plates too flat
11. Chest armor's vest lacks fluting detail on shoulders
12. Upper chest armor plates not shaped correctly - note proportionate width of LED display slots to width of armor plate

I'm not being nitpicky. I think color is one of the things you should nail. It's a nicely made figure, but that's quite the oversight IMO.

Back