What's The Best Display Case For 1/6th Scale Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSchack15

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just purchased my first 1/6th scale figure, the HT Man of Steel Superman, and I'm really excited to get him on Tuesday! However, I've been looking for a clear display case for him and I don't know which type to get. I want just a clear display case, possibly something with lights as well. It's only for a single figure so I don't need a detolf just yet as I'm just getting into the hobby. Can anyone help me out and give me a few display cases that you like? Thanks in advance!

Best affordable glass display case is the Ikea Detolf and Billy Bookcase , Besta too

Thanks I appreciate the input! And btw, if your referring to Mr. Eko from Lost with your name, than I applaud you since he was one of my favorite characters by far haha :clap

For a single figure, the Legend cases aren't that bad and they come with lights installed. I think someone mentioned that you can use Sideshow codes on them so that could knock the price down quite a bit since I think they were around $50 to begin with. There's a thread about them in this forum.

Best affordable glass display case is the Ikea Detolf and Billy Bookcase , Besta too

I think he was after a single case for a single figure?...

mlh.jpg

Thanks for all the input guys! I was looking at the Legend cases the other day but I don't really want to spend that much on a single case even with the sideshow coupon. I feel like my best bet would be to buy a detolf eventually when I have enough to display. Currently I have a Mime Joker on the way that I won through a twitter contest, and I have the Dark Knight Armory on pre-order as well. So when I have everything I'll definitely have enough to use a detolf, but for now I think I'll just stick to making sure that I clean the dust off of them every once in a while. Might buy a cheap clear case or something from ebay just to keep it clean until I have everything though

Wouldn't you be better just investing in the Detolf now?
Might look a bit empty for a bit but it will be a good home for your growing collection.

You're just "getting into the hobby" which means you will definitely have a ton more down the road, lol. Depending where you live, if dust isn't an issue, detolf is perfect for the value. Unfortunately for me, despite how much I clean, there's just dust everywhere, from the streets, construction around me, etc, so I'm going with Bestas and their Vassbo doors which keep dust out. They can be used for 1/6 figures, and I plan to display mine similar to optimus's display here:

IMG_0705.jpg

The Legend Studio is good if you want to photograph your figures in since it has lighting and everything. That's what I will use mine for at least. There are few remaining so you better hurry, but yes, with a coupon, it comes down to $50 without shipping added yet.

I don't have that much room yet as I just graduated from college in October so I don't have my own place at the moment. The detolf seems like it needs a little bit of space and my room just doesn't have that right now, which is why I think I need to hold off on that for a little

Thanks I appreciate the input! And btw, if your referring to Mr. Eko from Lost with your name, than I applaud you since he was one of my favorite characters by far haha :clap

You're welcome.

No my name is from the clothing line. That's all I wear. Lol

I didn't know there was another Mr ecko.
I've been using this name for over 10 years so he probably copied me

Yeh that's a nice set up there for 1:6.
Using a Legend Case for photography sounds like a bad idea though.
A softbox tent with a couple of lights is much better or a sheet/blanket/curtains for background with a couple of spot lights.

Yeh that's a nice set up there for 1:6.
Using a Legend Case for photography sounds like a bad idea though.
A softbox tent with a couple of lights is much better or a sheet/blanket/curtains for background with a couple of spot lights.

I definitely plan to take photographs of my figures, but I'll be using white backdrops for those and not the display cases.

You're just "getting into the hobby" which means you will definitely have a ton more down the road, lol. Depending where you live, if dust isn't an issue, detolf is perfect for the value. Unfortunately for me, despite how much I clean, there's just dust everywhere, from the streets, construction around me, etc, so I'm going with Bestas and their Vassbo doors which keep dust out. They can be used for 1/6 figures, and I plan to display mine similar to optimus's display here:

IMG_0705.jpg

The Legend Studio is good if you want to photograph your figures in since it has lighting and everything. That's what I will use mine for at least. There are few remaining so you better hurry, but yes, with a coupon, it comes down to $50 without shipping added yet.

What coupon is available?

Back