What's the best, affordable Stormtrooper 1:1 helmet out there to display...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the help. I'm researching it all now. The Hasbro one looks tempting but any push buttons and stuff turn me off regardless of whether they show on display or not. Hmmmm....

Be sure you know your budget and what do you really want in the end. Some helmets are cheaper, some are expensive. Some are idealized similar to in-universe helmets, while others are screen accurate asymmetrical some even with bumps and warts exactly like the ones made in the 70's. Most of the symmetrical ones are licensed, and the asymmetrical are unlicensed, with the exception of MR/EFX LE and Anovos, which are asymmetrical but still idealized.

Some of my helmets:

White troopers.JPG

Be sure you know your budget and what do you really want in the end. Some helmets are cheaper, some are expensive. Some are idealized similar to in-universe helmets, while others are screen accurate asymmetrical some even with bumps and warts exactly like the ones made in the 70's. Most of the symmetrical ones are licensed, and the asymmetrical are unlicensed, with the exception of MR/EFX LE and Anovos, which are asymmetrical but still idealized.

Some of my helmets:

View attachment 384769

Those RS TK's are great!

Hello guys,

I felt on this thread because I was looking for an affordable Stormtrooper helmet. The RS are truly great but it is just in order to pair and ?*dress*? my Quasi ESB Vader. It is just for display, not wearing or trooping.
You seemed to advise the Hasbro Black Series and avoid Rubies. Some of you seems to say that it is quite as good as the EFX PCR but i’m not a Stormy expert.
Do you think it could look cool next to my Quasi ESB and not too toyish?
We can find it between 80$ and more than 200. Do you confirm me that there was only one edition of this helmet?
Is it well this one?

Instead of trying to convince yourself to get the cheapest helmet out there, try buying a good more accurate one, you'll save some $ in time, when you realize the ones you got might not satisfy you. RS is the best, but you can find some excellent other options, just visit whitearmor.net. Between Hasbro Black series and EFX PCR I'd go with Hasbro.

Thank you for your frank and direct answer and thanks for the link.
You know i’m not trying to convince myself to buy the cheapest helmet. As I mentioned, I invested in a Quasi Vader helmet. I don’t know if it’s the best Vader helmet but if wanted the cheapest, I would had go for an EFX pcr or worst a Hasbro.
I do not love the character of the Stormy as much I love Vader. This is why I don’t want to invest as much as Vader. But you’re totally right. Most of the time, when collecting, the cheapest route is often synonymous of bad, waste of time and money. I agree and i often avoid this route when I can.

But this time Hasbro seemed have proposed something truly good and accurate for a really raisonnable price. Once again i’m not a Stormtrooper expert but when I look at the Hasbro BS, I see quite the same thing as an EFX and not very far from a RS. And all the non Stormy experts would see the same thing.
Unlike the Hasbro Vader helmet. Compare to a Quasi, CFO, GS, JMC, EFX or whatever, the Hasbro is still outrageous ugly.
It seems that all the Black Series did’t had the same preferential treatment from Hasbro.

This is why I was reticent with Hasbro. But everyone seems unanimous and laudatory about the Hasbro Stormy so why would I spend 300€ for an EFX that will not be superior when the Hasbro will cost me 78€ with a free shipping...

Back