Whats been your biggest disspointment with Hot Toys 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to agree with Ink - no 66 Batmobile. I have had a place set up for it for ages, along with the 89, Nolan and Batpod.

Continued mishandling of the Metal Gear Solid franchise (only Metal Gear Rising Raiden and no MGS V) and Batman Arkham games. We could have gotten some amazing figures from both but they choose poor figures to lead MGS with and the molded rubber Arkham suit doesn't do the design enough justice.

1. Lack of matrix figures. It's a license built of for HT. You can get 5-6 figures out of that line. It's totally popular and in demand. Not sure why it never came to be or HT never pursed it vigorously.

2. The Indy "monkey man" sculpt was a travesty. Grail figure for many. When done by the top company this should have a jewel. Instead it's still one of the weakest offerings by HT.

3. The attention to Ironman to the exclusion of other figures. I don't have to elaborate.

Honorable mention: the lack of Drax. I don't even collect the line but the absence of the character ruins it for everyone else. But in fairness I don't think this is on HT. I think this is a problem with the licensor. But it still sucks.

Robocop for me. Despite all the bells and whistles, it is basically the wrong colour. I don't buy the theory it was actually silver but lit with blue light. As most people aren't going to have blue lighting in their home, it should have been painted according to how it looked on screen. It looked bluish in the promo shots and even the original HT release had a bluish tinge to it.

TOO many IM suits (surprise)
No Ripley or 66 Batmobile or anything really new outside of the same old cash cows.

Gosh, what a negative thread. You'd think there's enough complaining in all the figure threads, but no, apparently we need a seperate thread for just complaints.

1) No Ripley
2) No Doc Brown
3) Solo's mediocre sculpt

None of these were really disappointments, in the sense that I didn't realistically expect any of them to happen (or to happen better in the case of Han), but these are things that seem within HT's grasp, and that I would like to have happen.

is it more normal to complain about things somebody doesn't know about?
It's more normal to not complain about knowing things that aren't normal.

Hot Toys generic old man aka "Obi-Wan Kenobi"

I have grown to like it though, just the sculpt up close looks nothing like Alec.

It's interesting because I have to say I'm a picky bastard but I like the sculpt and really think it looks like Alec.

That being said I feel the same way but about Han Solo. So dosaapointed I think it's one of the most awful head sculpts hot toys ever did.

Disappointing Ford sculpt, just like the Indy figure. Even Paramore's fantastic pics couldn't convince me to order him. Which was a shame, because I thought Chewie was a work of art. But can't have one without the other.

There are a few disappointments.

No Beetlejuice figure

Not enough X Men figures. I want a Logan from X1 with the leather jacket and a Magneto figure from any film.

No Jack Sparrow from the first film. That was his best look.

j2rVJj6.gif

No new Rambo figures. I'd love a 2.0 from First Blood and First Blood part II

oWhCjiI.jpg

Ooy76GE.jpg

I've got a few complaints I could mention on figures but I want to talk about the company as a whole, Hot Toys has been and continues to be the King of 1:6 for the greater part of the last 5-6 years, my collection has become full of their figures for good reason, they usually make the best stuff. However they have pushed to hard and to fast on licenses I could less about and have become more and more the Mattel or Hasbro of 1/6 now, pumping out variant after variant of the same Characters.

Sure I like Ironman, but do I need 70 versions of him at 200-800 a pop, these aren't 10-15 dollar marvel universe figures on toy shelf's at Walmart, I'm Cool with having a couple, same goes for Thor, Wolverine, Batman, storm troopers and so on. Hot Toys used to make cult classic figures from movies that resonated with collectors, God Father, Terminator, Aliens, Rambo, Rocky and so on, sure we get a bone thrown our way once or twice a year but they are driving out a large part of their base.

I think they are still a great company but they are following the masses into generic mainstream merchandising, gone are the days when something could hold its value when version 2.0, 3.0 or 50.0 is just around the corner. I'm fine with Star Wars fans getting their favorite figures and with Marvel Fans getting theirs, I like both of those franchises myself, but can we not make a copper storm trooper or repaint number 5 on the same ironman armor long enough to make us a Ripley, a Rambo, Cobbelpot, Matrix or maybe even a Gibson Mad Max figure:dunno

I know they will go where the money is and should, its a business at the end of the day, but surely their is room enough to make a few more of the figures we are asking for as apposed to the 100th variant we haven't asked for, wouldn't that be good business too?

Last edited:
The John Matrix and Marty Mcfly head sculpts badly letting down what were otherwise solid releases with their soft features, weirdly askew ageing (Matrix looking 10 yrs too young/Mcfly looking 10yrs too old) and w**k hair.

My only gripe from Hot Toys is lack of DX figures. I would like to have seen a DX version of the Godfather or Rocky. It's been a while since they introduced anything from that line.

I would love new Rocky stuff. Old ones look bad now and I never had a chance to get them. They're extremely expensive on the aftermarket too. My biggest disappointment continues to be the lack of X-men figures. They're sitting on a goldmine with that. Also, no Penguin and Catwoman from Returns just plain sucks. Why even do the Batman if you can't have his bad guys? We got two Jokers from the first film and god knows how many characters from the Nolan movies....but not Penguin and Catwoman? Why?

It's more normal to not complain about knowing things that aren't normal.
hmmm. you'll make a nice dictator!

==================

my biggest and only disappointment with Hot Toys 2015 is that i didn't see an article that would say"Tsang is fired and tankman is hired".

Last edited:
Back