What will the future of the Terminator license be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
With the recent news of the Terminator rights changing hands, I was hoping someone at Sideshow might be able to inform us as to whether this will affect Sideshow's license or not?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I had high hopes for this license. Is the adult John Connor bust just leftover to cash in on before the license expires? I was REALLY hoping to see him offered as a 1:6 figure along with some Battle-Damaged Terminators.

dekadentdave said:
Yes, I had high hopes for this license. Is the adult John Connor bust just leftover to cash in on before the license expires? I was REALLY hoping to see him offered as a 1:6 figure along with some Battle-Damaged Terminators.

I definitely want a 1:6 John before this line goes the way of Highlander!!

dekadentdave said:
Yeah, I pray that Connor is not another Kurgan. :monkey2

Ugh, thats statement just made me a little sick.

Could this be round 2 of leaving out a major character:monkey2

Was the Highlander left out characters or the license lost before the line could continue growing?

MaulFan said:
Was the Highlander left out characters or the license lost before the line could continue growing?

Poor sales doomed the line from the begining. SS made the choice not to produce an origins Kurgan long before they lost the license.

King Darkness said:
Poor sales doomed the line from the begining. SS made the choice not to produce an origins Kurgan long before they lost the license.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping the start of the mini-bust line is a sign that collectible licenses aren't impact by the state of the franchise, I would think they would have had to go for approval on the line and it would have been an issue, but I would like some official word on what's going on. The 1/6 line needs a young John to complete the collection of main film characters, especially when the Terminator story revolves around the character. Future John 1/6 would be cool too, but out of place with Sarah and T-800 & 1000, so I'd like a John that makes the current offering feel rounded and complete to an extent.

I just hope Sideshow continues with the Terminator items, more Arnie, more Endo, more T-1000, TX, etc more resin statues, bust, replica's but NOT 12" doll's and stupied bubble bobble whatever heads they are.

Dude, speak for yourself. I would kill for some more 12" figures. We need a Battle Damaged T-800 and Battle Damaged (donut hole) T-1000 and Adult and teenage John Connors. Also like to see a long-haired Sarah Connor variant and also an 80's big-hair Sarah.

Bobbleheads suck though and statues bore me. 1:6 Terminator rules!

FYI-

The deal that was done last week was for rights to do new sequels (and merch righs for those sequels), and has nothing to do with the previous films.

So, in short, it does not affect our license.

Sorry, geto10- we only have rights to T2, not T3 (anymore).

Brock, does that mean we can look forward to getting some more T2 1:6 figures like Adult John Connor and some Battle-Damaged Terminators?

Yes, do tell, can we expect to see more in the 1/6 line from T2?

At least we know the license hasn't been lost in all of the transactions going on with C2 and Halcyon.

dekadentdave said:
Dude, speak for yourself. I would kill for some more 12" figures. We need a Battle Damaged T-800 and Battle Damaged (donut hole) T-1000 and Adult and teenage John Connors. Also like to see a long-haired Sarah Connor variant and also an 80's big-hair Sarah.

Bobbleheads suck though and statues bore me. 1:6 Terminator rules!

Agreed, this is not a license to be cast in statue form, it needs articulation and the ability to make your own ""statues"" and change the posing at will, or add to it and grow upon it. What good is a T-800 statue, when you can take a 1/6 T-800 figure, buy a toy Harley and add that much more to an already amazing product.

Disagree, I like stautes and not the doll's, the dolll's look rather like some kid's or girls toys to me, no offence to the colletors of these out there, i would love to see more resin statue's either bust, figures, prop replicas, life size stuff, etc

MaulFan said:

Connery's likeness wasn't included hence Ramirez was not a possibility. Origin Kurgan was attempted but deemed to difficult (or something like that).

dekadentdave said:
Brock, does that mean we can look forward to getting some more T2 1:6 figures like Adult John Connor and some Battle-Damaged Terminators?

Future John Connor would look awesome next to my HT Future Soldier Kyle Reese.

I too want a Battle Damaged Terminator from the Cyberdyne Building attack. I'd probably get a young John Connor as well just cos I'm a completist.

Back