What will be the most popular 12"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chamildav

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just thinking, we all have been talking about what figures going to cause the worst meltdown on the SSC sight when the order goes up for the "Exclusive" version. But would Vader or Fett really be the most popular? By that I mean the one that potentially is the largest seller overall. I think the likely champ is going to be your basic generic Stormtrooper. I can only speak for myself and a couple of friends I've spoken with about it, but we all want multiples. I don't need six Vaders, and while I'll get Boba and know he's much loved, to me he's just the goof who went out like a little ***** in RotJ. I think I do need six (or more) Stormtroopers though. I'm wondering if this might really warrant an open edition size. I know that isn't SSC's thing, but it would be nice to think these would be available in large numbers and for an extended period of time. Perhaps every so often a new Stormtrooper could be offered with a different weapon or accessory but still be a unit builder figure? That way basic figures could be continuously available. What do you think?

Vader and Boba would be. They both currently have nice 1/6th figures but are way out of the pricerange most people are willing to pay.

As for popular multiple purchases, yea Stormtroopers and Clones would sell plenty. I'd limit myself to 2 each.

Darth Vader may end up being the most popular. Those people that have already paid the buku bucks for the Medicom version are already kicking themselves in the wallet for that move (and the Medicom Luke, as well...)

Boba Fett and Darth Maul will come very close.

But the one figure that could possibly even usurp Vader himself would be a 1/6th scale faux-fur Chewbacca. Hasbro's "plastic turd" versions have been the only game in town for decades. It's time for a change, folks. A change for the better. Let the Wookie win.

The only figure that I would absolutely, positively buy two of will be the Red Imperial Guard. While you might pose a single stormtrooper or lone clone in an action shot or conflict with another character, the best way to display the red guard would be to have one on each side of Palpatine.

Or sprawled on the ground in front of Yoda.

By the way, the Vader 12" is going to be exclusively available at Comic Con this year.

hairlesswookiee said:
i hope thats not true because if it is thats B.S. and im gonna be real P.O.

It's a joke, son. A joke.

glxy.jpg

hairlesswookiee said:
i hope thats not true because if it is thats B.S. and im gonna be real P.O.

There is no way they would make their number 1 money making figure a exclusive. A exclusive version maybe.

Yeah I think Troop Builders will be the most popular over all Star Wars figures because a lot of collectors will try to buy as manny as possible. If they made a Clone Trooper or a Stormtrooper an exclusive, that would be quite popular, but I'm not sure it would be the most popular.

What if Sideshow, instead of making a single exclusive figure offered some exclusive items to people who buy more then one of the Trooper Builders direct from them? Like for every two or three Stormtroopers you buy you get a couple of exclusive sidearms and stands, maybe also include a interrogation Droid or a couple of those droids that follow them around in the Special addition of ANH? That would insure a lot of customers buying direct.

I also got the feeling from the SSC interview that for the troop builders, Sideshow will be trying a exclusive program giving online dealer websites exclusives for their store. Like for the Clone Trooper paint variations, they would make different ones available from different online stores. So you'd have to go to let's say Apogee toys to get a blue stripped Clone from AOTC.
That might be the only way Sideshow could offer the Clone paint variations.
:dunno

I was definitely joking about an SDCC exclusive Vader. Don't want to start any nasty rumors! Sideshow would never do that to us. If you think the server has a hard time selling Star Wars 12 inchers, that's nothing compared to the stress produced by the massive amount of hate mail they would get in their inbox if they pulled something like that on us. It would neither make them a significant amount of money, nor would it please the majority of the fans. I wouldn't expect much more than Sith Eyes Anakin, which you could probably do on your own, anyway.

I'm hoping the SDCC figure will be a variation on the clone trooper. They could release it at SDCC before they come out with their standard version to drum up interest.

EVILFACE said:
There is no way they would make their number 1 money making figure a exclusive...

Your most likely right but wasn't Nazi Kroenen one of the most desired figures at the time (at least to Hellboy collectors) and it was a SDCC exclusive. Now before you tell me to check my head because Star Wars and Hellboy aren't in the same league, I realize that but it's something to think about. :mona

The SDCC exclusive in my opinion would be a character/figure that would be a nice variation on an existing piece but not necessarily a brand new or "must get" character.

My guess is either a Han or Luke (or both) in Stormtrooper disguise.

We'll most probably have a regular Han and Luke, as well as a regular Stormtrooper prior to SDCC, so my guess would fit the bill. It wouldn't be a "premium" character not yet released and would be a simple and cost effective figure for Sideshow to manufacture. (They would already have the Luke & Han headsculpts as well as the Stormtrooper outfits done.)

Hmmm...

screamingmetal said:
I also got the feeling from the SSC interview that for the troop builders, Sideshow will be trying a exclusive program giving online dealer websites exclusives for their store. Like for the Clone Trooper paint variations, they would make different ones available from different online stores. So you'd have to go to let's say Apogee toys to get a blue stripped Clone from AOTC.
That might be the only way Sideshow could offer the Clone paint variations.
:dunno

That would suck IMO. I think the 3 and 3/4 Hasbro collectors are still reeling from all the exclusives you could only get on ebay. I fear this idea.

And Mikey you beat me too it with teh jar jar post. :joy

Back