What was your memerable fond memories of the G.I Joe Toy in your childhood?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grandpa bought me some ninja GI Joe figure and it didn't have any rubber bands its body so when I opened him up, he fell apart. That's my most vivid GI Joe memory.

when i was 8 years old my grandparents sent me a package for christmas about 3 weeks early that said dont open till christmas.
when i finally got to open it the mobat was inside. i was all about gi joe after that.

My fondest G.I. Joe memory was destroying the only figure I ever had & burying him in my back yard. The Decepticons killed him :( Was never that much into GI Joe... Why waste birthday & Christmas gifts on them when I could have a car or jet that changes into a freekin' robot!:hi5: I will say that Zartan was pretty cool... if only he could transform into somthing then maybe I would have wanted his figure.

Mine has to be playing in my backyard pool with the Killer Whale and the other submarine vehicles and figures. Those were the only toys I ever took into the pool...not transformers or star wars but gi joes were fine. I remember diving under water with the figures and setting up bases on the bottom of our pool. good times...good memories...

Too many memories but probably the top 2 ... getting the Mobat as gift and going out on the lawn with 7+ other kids and their tanks. Saving my pennies in order to buy the Skimobile and going out in the snow with same group of friends and their skimobiles.

Still have both in the closet.

wow great thread !!! its sparking old memories .

My best memory of my GI Joe days was when i was about 6 or 7 , my grandfather bought me THE MOBILE COMMAND CENTER . yes that . it was the biggest baddest awesomest thing i had ever seen . 3 levels of space to play with my Joes . The 1st level was a garage type bay with a crane thing and some area i use to store weapons . the 2nd level was the command quarters . it had computers / flip down beds / a sliding chair with glass map / and the best part , a jail cell that i use to put Cobra Commander in there :lol / the 3rd level was the top , it had these 2 roof doors that opened up and had missles on it // also a trap door that was actually a slide //the front had a drivers area like a truck and the whole thing folded up into this massive tank / motor machine / I remember playing with that thing every day and my friends would come over and play / i couldn't take it outside cuz it was too big// :monkey2 i wish i still had it :(

I remember watching Terminator when it 1st premiered on HBO then reenacting the movie with my Joes. Being in a child in the 80s was the best!!!

I have fond memories of carving up and melting dozens of duplicate figures, and singles bashed from extra parts. Then busting out the earth tone and crimson Testor paints and creating a zombie horde for my Joes to battle.

Playing G.I. Joe with my dad in '82 and '83. I always made him be Cobra.

He'd count the amount of times I made shooting noises. Since he was in the military, he was familiar with the Joe's weapons. My dad would keep track of my ordinance If I didn't say "reload" and made another shooting noise, he'd say "Nope, you ran out. My sniper here saw you pop out to shoot and kills you. Don't give away your position."

Needless to say, Cobra won a lot in those days.

He'd count the amount of times I made shooting noises. Since he was in the military, he was familiar with the Joe's weapons. My dad would keep track of my ordinance If I didn't say "reload" and made another shooting noise, he'd say "Nope, you ran out. My sniper here saw you pop out to shoot and kills you. Don't give away your position."

I am going to play GI Joes with my son, tonight.

I am going to play GI Joes with my son, tonight.

"Dad, they're lasers. You should've kept quiet. Your sniper popped out and had his head fried off along with that small squad that moved under his suppressive fire to take my right flank."

^^ That is awesome.

The HISS MURDERED the Joes all the time. the Snake Armor cleaned up.:)

Because my dad liked G.I. Joe, I got a ton of vehicles for Christmas. In 1984, I got the Rattler, SHARC, and the Whale and Zartan and the Dreadnoks. Zartan was my mom's favorite.

My fondest memory was finally getting Stormshadow. Back in the 80s, that figure was almost impossible to find, and I was too you to drive to the nearest toys r us. So my buddy found him at the local toys R us on his way home from school. I was so happy to finally get a cool ninja figure. I think he and snake eyes were the 1st 3" ninja figures ever released and I was so happy that I finally had him. I kind of wished that I didn't play with him because now his worth is in the thousands!

The HISS MURDERED the Joes all the time. the Snake Armor cleaned up.:)

Because my dad liked G.I. Joe, I got a ton of vehicles for Christmas. In 1984, I got the Rattler, SHARC, and the Whale and Zartan and the Dreadnoks. Zartan was my mom's favorite.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 My mom's favorite Joes were the ones she threw in the trash.

Too many memories but probably the top 2 ... getting the Mobat as gift and going out on the lawn with 7+ other kids and their tanks. Saving my pennies in order to buy the Skimobile and going out in the snow with same group of friends and their skimobiles.

Still have both in the closet.

:lecture :rock :rock :rock

My fondest memory of G.I. Joe was being the only kid I knew that had all the Joes and vehicle. One good thing about having my mama as a mommy, was that she made sure that you had everything in the set. Her and I would hit all the Targets, K-marts, shoot sometimes mama would go in the middle of the night or when ever K-Mart was having a "Blue Light Special" and hunt them down for me. Now that's being a SUPER MOMMY! So, needless to say I had G.I. Joes coming out my ears and the envy of all my friends. They all use to ask her to be their mama, but sorry boys she's all mine...:D

Last edited:
one of em was finding the snow cat "santa" was gonna bring me in the storage room along with other presents and the other which is probably the best is one time i got really sick and my mom came back from krogers with dusty, airtight, and alpine.:monkey2

My fondest memory of G.I. Joe was being the only kid I knew that had all the Joes and vehicle. One good thing about having my mama as a mommy, was that she made sure that you had everything in the set. Her and I would hit all the Targets, K-marts, shoot sometimes mama would go in the middle of the night or when ever K-Mart was having a "Blue Light Special" and hunt them down for me. Now that's being a SUPER MOMMY! So, needless to say I had G.I. Joes coming out my ears and the envy of all my friends. They all use to ask her to be their mama, but sorry boys she's all mine...:D

Lots of "mamas" and "mommies" there, Iron. :lol You obviously still love her very much. Can't say I blame ya. :D

Back