What was your memerable fond memories of the G.I Joe Toy in your childhood?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloodsport

Super Freak
Reaction score
Whats was your most memerable battles you had with G.I Joe? For myself, I would have World War types of battle with my joes. For instance, GI Joe vs Star Wars, THe G.I Joes team up with the Autobots vs the Decepticons vs Cobra, GI Joe vs Secret Wars. I had many crossover battles. :D

one of my most memorable things I don't know how many pthers did this, but I loved playing with them in WWF moves. Piledrivers, body slams DDT etc. They were infinately more poseable than most toys. I also loved fortressing them up behind boxes and pillows and cans and whatever else was around. I got in trouble for digging up the front yard once with trenches.

My memories:

Zartan had a chest plate that could be removed,So the baroness use to always take it off from him.Then they would have sex in the battlefield.Sometime Zarana, his own sister, would join the fun in a threesome.

That sounds about right....

I would take the screw out of the backs of my Joes so that when the missiles would hit them, they'd explode.

I think the most fun I had was taking them apart and adding better elements to them to make them look more military looking and less "dayglo" like or really changing up the uniforms and adding muscle arms to make more Dreadnoks.

Me and a buddy of mine would toss them off the deck at my grandparents' house and try to hit the electrical line with them. I don't remember why. But I would intentionally throw his good ones. When they broke and he didn't know how to fix them, I would trade for one of my crappier, unbroken ones, fix the good one and it would be mine!

At first, I teamed my Joes up with my Star Wars figures. The Joes were better articulated so they got most of the action. I remember my first one...SnakeEyes, of course.

But I will tell you...I was a child of the ORIGINAL G. I. Joe. And it was a difficult transition for me to RAH. RAH was wannabe G. I. Joe for a long time, to me.

But after I got to comparing the articulation...I liked that aspect of the Joes better. But at first, I still imagined them into the Star Wars universe. I eventually transitioned out of that with after I started watching the cartoon.

The RAH Joes made me realize what unposeable POS's my Star Wars figures were. I also remember, at some point, SciFi becoming my go-to RoboCop for quite a bit of time. :dunno :lol

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade, my cousin lived with us and he drove over my AT-AT with his bike breaking two of the legs and the thumb off my Firefly that was driving it. I grabbed a shower curtain-rod that was in the garbage and hit him in the head with it; he still has a scar on his forehead that looks like an "L" from it.

My memories:

Zartan had a chest plate that could be removed,So the baroness use to always take it off from him.Then they would have sex in the battlefield.Sometime Zarana, his own sister, would join the fun in a threesome.
damn, that is hot. wish i would have thought of that.

one of my most memorable things I don't know how many pthers did this, but I loved playing with them in WWF moves. Piledrivers, body slams DDT etc. They were infinately more poseable than most toys. I also loved fortressing them up behind boxes and pillows and cans and whatever else was around. I got in trouble for digging up the front yard once with trenches.

I did the same thing with mu joes figures. I used to had some drag out brawls between the Cobra and Joes.

Well my brother and 3 of my best friends used to play for hours. We'd make little bases around the house using vhs tapes in their jackets in different rooms and even outside, the only bad thing was that we played for keeps.

Between all of us we had plenty of figures so when one of your own got captured you'd have to pull off one hell of a well thought out rescue attemp or it was likey you wouldnt see them again or at least unharmed. I vividly remember blowing Sci fi in half with a m80 stuck in his rubber band :lol.. That was after my Outback was burned with a torch made of a lighter and hairspray:mad:

The things you do when your a kid.:medic

i only had a few dozen Joes. my best friend had just about everyone i guess. he even had that big aircraft carrier thing. i'd go over to his place and Joes were the only thing we played with. i can't remember any specific "battles" or anything cuz that was many bottles of whiskey ago.

Whiskey, tequila, rum, gin, tawny port, red wine and a whole lot of pale ale.

All I can remember is where, when and with whom. What we played is long gone.

I remember having the Tomahawk helicopter. Thought that thing was awesome. Then I had that "General" command center. But, my neighbor had the W.H.A.L.E. I was so jealous. Truth is now that I am grown I have often wanted to hunt one down on Ebay just to satisfy that childhood want.

BB-gun, firecrackers, and gasoline/soap combo for napalm... oh, u'r talking about pudd joe figs... Same thing with my son and his pudd joes...

I remember a mate of mine had some sort of hovercraft thing and I was soo jealous of it! That was until I got the Plane for christmas, think it was a F14 or something. Not much of A Joe expert just loved it as a kid.

I played GI Joe with my Joes but I also would use them to play James Bond or Mad Max... We did soak a Vamp in lighter fluid and my buddies house and light it on fire. Wasn't my Vamp, of course, so I was all for it. :D

Back