What was your memerable fond memories of the G.I Joe Toy in your childhood?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We also used to get masking tape and cover our Joes then use markers to color the tape making them into Marvel heroes... Duct tape worked well for Colossus :rock

Used sewing needles for Wolverine... this led to some injuries.

I remember my friends and I making a game out of it with dice. We would take inventory of the weapons that the characters had, and each one would do a certain amount of damage to a character's hit points. We used the Snake Eyes v3 nunchaku for grenade damage radius. Good times.

Finding a GIJOE that had my same first name in their file name :)
From 1982 to 1989 I enjoyed everything about GIJOE.

I'm apparently a weird fan who loved the animated movie from 1987. I always wanted Cobra Commander to be some sort of Snake alien creature, which he turned out to be. CC was the ultimate villain in my universe.
I preferred the Joe's when it came to collecting, COBRA was obviously fake, so I didn't care too much for them. As an adult I like the fantasized enemy creation much more. However the Joe's are what brought character and life to the hobby. Duke, Quick Kick, Dusty, Shipwreck, Alpine, Bazooka, Gung Ho, Flint, Lady Jaye, Scarlet, Barbecue, Roadblock, are all memorable characters to me.

I put all the joes w/ their guns, backpacks, accesories in one huge box and the vehicles and playsets in another. I remember how long it took to put everything together; pairing the joes with the right guns and backpacks and assembling the playsets. By the time i was done, i was tired and lost interest already. But they were my most cherished possessions.

I put all the joes w/ their guns, backpacks, accesories in one huge box and the vehicles and playsets in another. I remember how long it took to put everything together; pairing the joes with the right guns and backpacks and assembling the playsets. By the time i was done, i was tired and lost interest already. But they were my most cherished possessions.

This post is just one big...

016_fail.jpg

One that comes to mind . . .

It was a Saturday evening and I going to be admitted to the hospital on a Sunday for surgery on my legs. My father had to work on Saturday so my mother took me out for dinner and then on the way home we stopped by the K-MART near the house. She purchased me a COBRA TELE-VIPER, COBRA Flight Pod (Trouble Bubble) and a Dusty figure. We went home and I stayed up late that night assembling the COBRA Flight Pod and having it manned by the COBRA TELE-VIPER and Dusty joining the ranks of my other 3.75" figure. I left for the hospital the next day, but I left the new goodies at home waiting for me until I got back about a week later.

Not sure if this is a "battle", but...
I remember a friend of mine in going into the woods behind our house with a paper bag of M-80s he stole from his uncle. He proceeded to duct tape them to various figures and vehicles and blow them to smithereens. It lasted until he came to Storm Shadow, who's fuse went too quickly, exploded, and sent bits of fiery plastic ninja into my friend's body. He showed up at my house, and my mother peeled off a tiny, partially melted action figure arm that had fused itself to his abdomen.

My most ridiculous memory: being drunk and trying to spin the propellers on my Dragonfly helicopter by exhaling on them. It didn't work, passed out for a sec, got thirsty, drank more. Helicopter blades stopped moving, so back to square one. Oh...also memories of Duke w/ JUMP pack and Stalker straddling C-size rocket engines and flying into the stratosphere... Good times, good times.

at one point it just got out of hand, i think it was close to 90 joes thrown in one box with all their accessories mixed in.(but i knew exactly who had what) i had my vehicles and playset jammed in boxes too. how long does it take you to set-up the terror dome, mobile command center, and battle platform??? plus i think the snowcat and sea ray had about 20 missles between them. i mean i enjoyed it alright, but along the way my 'grand wars' turned into smaller battles eventually. or maybe i was just growing up.

My stuff was always out in some capacity or another. Easily accessible. I don't think I had a box for any toy. Didn't even have a toybox (too freaking many of them).

Back