What was your first Sideshow/ Hot Toys/ other collectible that got it started??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome!, Crystal i have the same Vader as well and i will never part with it, i love it.

:lol...me neither..i still got it....but the saber is broke off.:(

That's just a pic I found online....

I have the same Vader. I bought a bunch of the Kotobukiya kits before I found Bowen/Sideshow statues. I seriously thought that Koto kits were the best I could ever find. I remember looking at some of the Attakus statues and laughing at how terrible some of the likeness' were, but then I saw the first Darth Vader statue they made. Its my favorite Vader statue of all time....just wish it was PF. The pose is 1000x better than anything else out there.
1oauwy.jpg

I have the same Vader. I bought a bunch of the Kotobukiya kits before I found Bowen/Sideshow statues. I seriously thought that Koto kits were the best I could ever find. I remember looking at some of the Attakus statues and laughing at how terrible some of the likeness' were, but then I saw the first Darth Vader statue they made. Its my favorite Vader statue of all time....just wish it was PF. The pose is 1000x better than anything else out there.
1oauwy.jpg

:lol....me too...until Pitu opened my eyes! Then I saw the light!

Before SSC, my collection consisted of Headless Horseman, Disney Haunted Mansion, Nightmare Before Christmas and assorted Horror or Monster items.

But my first real SSC item was the Argonath bookends in the Fellowship of the Ring Ex box set.
Inside was SSWeta's catalog.
Inside was the pre-order info for the Daddy Balrog.
Which led to me owning this:

NewBestRog.jpg

Which has led to much insanity.

:lecture

1oauwy.jpg

That's awesome! I'm hoping the next Vadar PF is a good one because I missed the first one.

First SS were Mulder and Scully. I vaguely remember paying only about 35-40 bucks for each figure back then.

First Hot Toys were the AvP Snap Kits. But for their 1/6 scale, my very first were Batman Begins and Superman Returns.

First figure in my collection... McFarlane's Rob Zombie

323074b4.jpg

My first SS figure... Frankenstein Pozer

SaturdayMay152004103636PM.jpg

First SS item was the Pierce Brosnan PF back in 2005.
First HT items were RPD & Reg Leon S. Kennedy this time back in 2007.

:rock:rock:rock

SSC'S Six Gun Legends then the SSC civil war 1/6th figs after that the 1/6th Star Wars mostly for my son but I have a few also

I'm pretty new to this scale of collecting but it all started at last years comic con when I recieved the $100 gift card from Sideshow. My first figure was the ROTLA Indiana Jones 1/6 figure because it was available on the gift card list. But I couldn't just order one figure so I ordered Hot Toys Iron Man Mark II along with Indy. I've been a happy collector ever since.

The figure to start it all was SS Jedi Luke.

The first Medicom was Darth Vader ROTS, the first HT figure was Rambo: First Blood. I still own all three :D

My first collectable for me that got it all started was the
Halcyon Alien 3 model kit that I built and painted when I was about
12 or 13 years old. Still have it..:D
Picture046.jpg

My first Sideshow piece was the Predator 1:1 bust that I bought
in 2007.
P1000373.jpg

My first Sideshow collectible that I purchased was the AH Mary Jane Comiquette.

My first Hot Toys collectible is the Chainsaw Killer which I got during Spooktacular 2009... definitely will be collecting stuff from them.

Back