What was your first Sideshow/ Hot Toys/ other collectible that got it started??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first ever Sideshow figure was Dracula 8 inch figure:

SST3213.jpg

The very first 1/6 figure I owned was a BBI SWAT, years later it was Medicom's Vader, but the Very first 1/6 SS figure was Jedi Luke.

I've been collecting figures for years, but what got me started on my current 1/6 kick was a Medicom Real Action Heroes Batman Original Suit (the second version, the one that doesn't look like junk :lol ). First SS 1/6 was Captain Antilles.

first SSC: SDCC exclusive Sith Anakin
first PF: Anakin exclusive
first HT: RPD Leon

been a great ride ever since :rock:rock

I can't remember for sure what Sideshow figure was my first... I think it was the 8" Creature from the Black Lagoon. The 2nd was the 1/6 Vampyre.

Although the first figure I ever bought from Sideshow was the 1st R Lee Ermey figure as a gift for my brother.

My first HT figure was the unlicensed Neo figure from their Famous Type line... got it a bit before they started the MMS line.

My first PF wasn't all that long ago and was Darkness from Legend.

But if I really think about what got me into collecting again it was M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. I was talking with my buddy (sladesuperagent) about toys and we started talking about M.U.S.C.L.E.s and he mentioned a site with collecting information. I found the site, learned how many figures there were (never knew that when I was a kid) and then started working on completing a set. That turned me onto eBay, which then opened my eyes to all the crap I could spend money on rather than food or rent :lol

My limited edition United Cutlery Anduril sword, funny thing is it was my wife that started my addiction; and of course I remind her of that every so often -- er, every day. :lecture That was Christmas of 03, and then I found out about Sideshow Weta; and it was on from there.

Last edited:
My limited edition United Cutlery Anduril sword, funny thing is it was my wife that started my addiction; and of course I remind her of that every so often -- er, every day. :lecture That was Christmas of 03, and then I found out about Sideshow Weta; and it was on from there.

Nice!! I always wanted one of those, but was afraid that it might look suspicious having a home full of sharp objects of mass destruction.

I think the first Sideshow figures I got were 4 or 5 Jason's I bought loose from a forum member....

First PF was Darkness and first Hot Toys were a set of Elder, Chopper Preds and an Alien Warrior I picked up as a set off ebay....

and Holy Shat how it's grown.....:naughty

Nice!! I always wanted one of those, but was afraid that it might look suspicious having a home full of sharp objects of mass destruction.

The UC swords are really nice... and make a clean display...

and there not good for "mass destruction" just for killing one at a time....:stake.....:lol

Mine are safely hidden away with the rest of my craziness, but they really aren't that sharp --- Sting is though. :horror

My first SSC 12inch figure was Evil Ash, and i still love it...mainly the head sculpt detail.

My first Sideshow figure was actually an Art S. Buck manequinn that I bought because I thought I had to in order to open an account. And I opened the account so that I could order 1:6 Jedi Luke.

But at the time I was collecting 1:6 scale S.W.A.T. figures and the Buck was a great replacement for the 21st Century manequinns and I was happy as hell that I bought it.

My first Sideshow figures were the first set of 8" Uni Monsters. I bought all of them at once.

My first HT figures were the Batman Begins and Superman Returns figures. I ordered both from Toys2, and got them both on the same day.

My first HT's figure was an Asian Predator...very, very cool figure. As far as my first PF, I just started going that route and have a Thor Ex on the way....should be here tomorrow! I also have the Surfer EX ordered. They should go well together......as they BOTH own Hulk! Right Shai? :lol

Last edited:
Man I wish I could remember what my first SS piece was... I want to say a Star Wars 12" figure... But I just can't recall. Now with so many ... who can remember ! :(

My first SS figure (and a preorder) was Conner MacLeod. I waited so long to get him, I forgot I'd ever ordered :lol
my first loose SS figure was Nosferatu
Don't have any HotToys figures yet
I suppose what got me into collecting was my collecting 1:1 replicas and wanting something to display with my Highlander swords.

Man, I've collected various things for years. 3 3/4" Star Wars, Comics (I have a ton of key Silver and Bronze Marvel issues, especially ASM) but the figure that got me into 1/6th was this:

review_12oldben_7.jpg

Then I got ANH Leia. Then I pre-ordered ANH Han and Luke and now I have around 60 12" figures and 5 detolfs in collection room. :(

Sideshow Predator wolf bio..............no longer have it though.........trying to get rid of the bio collection :monkey1

Back