What was your 1st purchase directly from sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really didn't recall. I checked my account and it looks like my first direct purchase was Jaws and Q from the James Bond series in 2003.

I haven't made any purchases directly from sideshow yet.. I have always found it cheaper in other places.

The first item that got me into sideshow was the 12" indiana jones. I saw that and had to have one of those. Of course they were all sold out and I really didn't understand the waitlist then. I ended up buying a preorder exclusive on ebay from what looked like a good seller. Due to the fact that the figure took so long to come out, the seller is now Naru'd and I am out the money for that figure. :monkey4

After exploring what else sideshow offered I was hooked. My first actual purchase was Aylaa from sideshow. That was after I had aquired Jabba, throne, and slew of other figures from other places. I now am seeing the light of the premium formats after getting a Boba Fett. So indy really hooked me, but I still do not have that figure! :confused:

Moral of the story, be very careful buying preorders off of ebay. I personally will never do it again.:banghead

:peace

I originally bought some off of ebay, but my first actuall purchase from sideshow was the stealth iron man comiquette...:D

The Sean Connery as 007 Goldfinger version. And I still love this figure. I even brought him to Japan with me this time. I've tried to pre-order stuff since then but economics have always intervened!

Special note: The first figure I ever bought from them was one of the smaller Frankenstein's Monsters. The facial sculpt looked so much like Boris Karloff and I'm a huge fan of the character and his portrayal specifically that I HAD to have it. It's in a box in my brother's basement back in the U.S. but it's another one of my favorite toys.

1/4 T-800 Endoskeleton
Almost 3 years ago now. I thought that would be the only one I was gonna order. Darth Vader soon followed along with Sauron

I have yet to buy directly from Sideshow. I have a lot of Sideshow stuff, but it was all bought from other websites. I just signed up for a Sideshow account today so that I can get into this exclusive business. :whip

Back