What was the best TV series finale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i usually dont care for series finales. they always overhype them to death and then they end up being weak. i guess cheers was alright but i cant really remember it anymore. seinfeld was ok but the whole episode was almost like a flashback episode which was a waste IMO.

You guys can all make fun and laugh at me for this, but I thought Angel's series finale was great. They all went out swinging! Great way to end the show, one last bloody battle. :blissysmi

The Shield. It played just like an episode would, it never pulled a "Sopranos", "X-Files", or "Seinfeld", where the finale felt like it didn't fit. And the episode also revealed new character traits and story that really made the viewer think. It ended the series on a perfect note in a less than perfect world. A fitting end to the best cop drama ever made for television.

A lot of good ones listed.....I have to vote for Six Feet Under, Angel, Arrested Development and Cheers. Haven't watched the last season of The Shield yet....but I know it will rock. Was trying to think of something that hasn't been mentioned yet......but my mind kept coming up blank. :lol

I would also add "Twin Peaks." Obviously, it wasn't intended to be the end of the show and is a cliff-hanger. But at the same time, that fits with the bizarre, unpredictable nature of the show. It's kind of cool that the show never got "wrapped up" like your typical sitcom or whatever.

I would also add "Twin Peaks." Obviously, it wasn't intended to be the end of the show and is a cliff-hanger. But at the same time, that fits with the bizarre, unpredictable nature of the show. It's kind of cool that the show never got "wrapped up" like your typical sitcom or whatever.

Quite a few shows I loved got canceled prematurely and they weren't really able to do a true series finale (Deadwood, Carnivale, Firefly).....you had a little bit of closure.....but it definitely left you wanting to know more.

For me it would have to be Star Trek The Next Generation without a doubt. "All Good Things Come to an End" was just brilliant, and the last scene with Picard sitting down to play poker with the crew and him saying "i should have done this a long time ago" was just genius.

I also really liked the Season Finale of Newhart where Bob Newhart wakes up in the bedroom set from his 70's show with the wife and talks about the bizarre dream he had about being an Inn Keeper in Vermont. :lol

I also really liked the Season Finale of Newhart where Bob Newhart wakes up in the bedroom set from his 80's show with the wife and talks about the bizarre dream he had about being an Inn Keeper in Vermont. :lol
That's why I love that one (though I think you meant "70's show"). "It was only a dream" ending :rock :lol

:lecture Greatest F'n series finale of all time. :rock

My number two would be Northern Exposure and number three would be Black Adder Goes Fourth.

Northern Exposure and Newhart are up there with the best finales. And I hate to admit this, but I don't remember how Black Adder ended. It's been way too long since I've watched it.

For me it was the last episode of Third Rock from the Sun.

Do wish they'd left in the deleted scene where D-ick beans back down and abducts Mary

I'd say Sopranos and Star Trek: TNG are my favorites, guess it's a sign of what I watch, but most of my favorites never had official finale's, there was expectation of another season and it never happened.

Newhart and Arrested Development were good ones.

I recently rewatched the Sex and the City series with my wife and I thought it had a good finale, too.

Back