What should the TOD PF look like?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, Im a huge Indy fan, I must have spent around ten thousand on Indy sketch cards by this point. I can tell you, no way I'm dropping another $300 on another Indy Premium.

The changes are too small. No Jacket and a torn arm for TOD, sure it looks cool, but its still the same outfit, actually with less clothing.
Last Crusade, what a Tie added the the hat mildy differantly bashed? Cmon not worth it at all.

Bring on a Mola Ram and it's an instant sell. Same with a White Dress Marion or Henry.

10k on sketch cards but you won't get a TOD Indy PF? To each is own but I'd rather save a hell of a lot of money and get a TOD PF.

I want Mola Ram as well and honestly before we get a TOD Indy PF.

10k on sketch cards but you won't get a TOD Indy PF? To each is own but I'd rather save a hell of a lot of money and get a TOD PF.

I want Mola Ram as well and honestly before we get a TOD Indy PF.

Well my beef is it's too similar, and sketch cards are easier to display/store. Even if he's rocking the machete and swinging the whip, I just can't fathom displaying 2 Indys. Maybe if it came out that incredible, I'd sell the Raiders one and get it instead but I doubt it.

Just seems like a waste of Sideshow's time when they could be working on cool characters that we don't have.

Nah you have to do Indy from all the movies. Its a must. Yes, they look similar in one way or another but if they have it posed like the pic above its not that similar.

At this point I don't have the cash or space for a second Indy PF, but I would be tempted to get Mola Ram and Henry, Sr. In fact, give me those three along with a third Eric Tan retro style print for Last Crusade and I will have a nice display in my office.

im not sure if i would want a last crusade indy, all that really stands out is his tie, it would have to be a double PF with henry sr. or the grail and fountain for me to want it.

has a double PF ever been done? not companion pieces, but two charachters on the same base in PF?

indianajonesandthetemplac3.jpg

Like this in a heartbeat although in the pose with the whip and machete would be tempting as well....

I think we'll get a TOD Indy PF eventually (If they made two Lukes they'll make another Indy) The thing is that SSC will want it to appeal to all collectors and not just hardcore Indy fans so they'll have to make it drastically different than its previous release. So TOD fits that perfectly. I think that KOTCS Indy would fit as well since he is much older and the overall look would be very different than that of the original PF but I think that a Last Crusade Indy is probably in danger of never being made because I can't think of a look there that is really different than what was offered or could have been offered. Even him in the tie isn't enough I think although if they decided to go Scout Trooper with it and offer a Last Crusade Indy on the Horse it'd sell well.....

Oh I think if we get several PF's from Indy we'll get all four. Him wearing the regular tie when he goes to save Sr. Would make for a nice LCS and have him holding the machine gun.

178.jpg

:lol Do you really think that financially justifies producing 4 PFs of the same figure with slight alterations?! They wouldn't even sell well enough to justify a limited edition that was remotely profitable let alone allow them to break even.
Dude. This is Indiana Jones we are talking about here, not Mary Poppins.
I know I'd buy 'em all.:whip

Dude. This is Indiana Jones we are talking about here, not Mary Poppins.
I know I'd buy 'em all.:whip

I don't care if it's a PF of the Madonna in Catholic country, with the initial PF's Ex. finally waitlisting after a spell of availability and the regular edition still available, I seriously doubt that. Potentially, redressing the current one to match the minute differences of the other films with a PF edition size similar to the SSE dios, absolutely. But as a main release, realistically, no.

I would be very tempted to buy Indy holding the machete and his whip. Doesn't matter much to me whether it is an action pose or not.

As for the quote, I agree with others that they are most likely referring to other characters from the other movies. I wouldn't be surprised to see another Indy come along, but I think it'll be awhile.

Back