What resolution is your computer screen set at?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait, how do you adjust font sizes in windows?

Using the browser only adjusts the current page.

For XP:
  1. Right-click on your desktop, select Properties
  2. Click on the Appearance tab
  3. Click on the Advanced button
  4. Go through the Items list, and you can adjust font styles and sizes for any element of Windows that has fonts

You can also just select the "Large fonts" on the appearance tab, but it makes them too large, IMO.
And to use larger icons, click on the Effects... button on the Appearance tab, and select "Use large icons".

I don't recall the exact steps to make these changes for Vista, but the same principle applies there, except that it is much more flexible.

Last edited:
Mine's 1280x1024, Samsung 17" LCD.

But just realize something, just because you can set the display to a large setting, you might not be able to actually display that. As said before you need to set it to the native setting of your monitor. For instance, the smallest screen size that can display full 1920x1080 (1080p) is a 24" widescreen, anything below that will have a lower native resolution, so by making the resolution higher it doesn't improve quality but rather just changes the size of things on your screen.

1680x1050 on my new Samsung 20" WS LCD, I was skeptic about getting a widescreen but man is this awesome and the print to me is not small at all.

1280 x 800. Thats what works best on the laptop i use the most.

1680x1050 on my new Samsung 20" WS LCD, I was skeptic about getting a widescreen but man is this awesome and the print to me is not small at all.

Yeah, the latest generation of Samsung WS LCDs are just fantastic, especially for the price. Less than half the price of an equivalent sized Dell or Apple monitor, and while the Samsungs aren't quite as nice, they are still very, very good.

what you set your resolution at depends on the video card you have and the ability of your monitor. i have mine set at 1024 X 768.

Yeah, the latest generation of Samsung WS LCDs are just fantastic, especially for the price. Less than half the price of an equivalent sized Dell or Apple monitor, and while the Samsungs aren't quite as nice, they are still very, very good.

i agree, samsung is a very good value.

Back