What PF do you want next in the BTVS line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see all the core scoobies and another Buffy. I think they should have chosen a different Buffy, the pose and outfit on this one are lacking. I think Buffy pulling the scythe out of the stone would have been the best, or from "The Gift". Those are two iconic moments in the show, and would have tempted alot more buyers.

:welcome H-G!

And early on I was a 7 Buffys advocate - one from each season. The best other one would be one with the scythe I think.

So giving the whole PF idea some thought, if they were released slowly enough, I would think about more than just Buffy and Angel. One (maybe two) a year would be about all I could handle, but I would collect for a few years to get Buffy, Angel, Spike, Xander, Willow, Faith, Cordy, and GILES

just as long as the time-table was slower than SW, because I would like to keep collecting 16/ scale too!:eek:

I think they should have chosen a different Buffy, the pose and outfit on this one are lacking.

I agree on that completely, the main reason I'd like to see another Buffy PF down the line. This Buffy looks fantastic, but when you see what Sideshow has done with PFs for Hellboy, Punisher, Vader and other Star Wars figures and so many other PFs it really makes you question SST's choice to make this their premiere Buffy PF. Give her a full outfit, the scythe, anything other than a molded solid book as an accessory. How about a pose like is in the opening credits at the end for a few years with her holding the axe, that was a really cool look. That would have been a much more popular piece that what SST chose.

During this year's Toy Fair chat, I asked Tom Gilliland " Why just the simple LBD instead of a more elaborate outfit befitting a typical PF?"

Here's his reply:

SideshowTom: our concern was keeping the project manageable considering we weren't sure how well-received a Buffy i n 1/4 scale might be
SideshowTom: working on the body and trying out a different type of long hair was really where most of the R&D went.
And regarding the hair:

FrankenFan: Any chance the hair could be tweaked a bit, primarily the flip?

SideshowTom: The hair flip IS being tweaked

SideshowTom: on the production piece the hair should actually sit down on the shoulders more tightly

More discussion about this topic in this thread, starting at about post 111.

pb.jpg

thanks, I know I've read that but when SST did their first ever PF, Napoleon, they weren't sure how it'd sell (has it even sold out yet and only 1000 pieces?), and they worked on a new body for that (obviously as it was the first) yet they didn't make him "Napoleon in sack cloth at Elba" He got a very detailed uniform.

I'm disappointed in the same way about Seven of Nine. fantastic sculpt but just a simple uniform. there could have been an extra item even something simple like a phaser.

I think that the attitude that is basically we're afraid to do too much because we're not sure how it'll sell can backfire on you completely because people expect SST's PFs to have fantastic outfits so they'll pass on ones that are given a seemingly "on the cheap" treatment.

saw this in the newest newsletter.

Buffy: Buffy Premium Format figure - #7157 & Ex. #71571 Now Sept 2006

Last edited:
Back