What paint to use for customizing a Ghost direwolf from Game of Thrones?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web_Head91

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have some Game of Thrones figures by Funko (the six inch scale ones, not the Pop! ones) and I wanted to make a Ghost to go in the display with them. I have the Diamond Select Dracula figure, which came with a grey wolf. I'm thinking that I'd like to use him, because direwolves are "bigger than the other kind" and so a wolf that came with a seven inch figure would make him about the right size.

I've never really customized a figure before like this. What kind of paint and methods should I use to paint him? I'm wanting to have him be white with some grey shadows and accents, and of course a prominent red color for the eyes.

If it's any help, this is the figure I'm wanting to customize:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71MPFwUZuFL._SY355_.jpg

Any help on paints I should get and methods for applying it properly would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!

I would make a trip to your nearest Games Workshop and im sure they will point you in the right direction with paints and methods.
Hope that helps

Games Workshop is never a good idea. Expensive doesn't always mean best. Vallejo paints are of equal quality and you get way more for less. Also, they might try to make you buy Warhammer stuff or leave, so consider that.

I'd check out Games Workshop. They'll tell you that you're going to have to prime it, undercoat it and then apply washes and dry coats.

From the pic you provided, it looks like it's painted with games workshop type / style of paint. Those guys should be able to help you out.

Games Workshop is never a good idea. Expensive doesn't always mean best. Vallejo paints are of equal quality and you get way more for less. Also, they might try to make you buy Warhammer stuff or leave, so consider that.

Never had that problem when I've asked questions on paints for my kitbashes. Always found them very informative and helpfull

Back