Prop What other environment would you like to see?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What environment would you like to see it made?

• Bara-dur

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Bara-dur /w Black Gates

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Moria Orc Cemetry (Weta Proto-type)

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Osgiliath

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Doors of Durin /w Watcher in the Water pool

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Others (Please suggest)

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It can be taken the wrong way and stir up a SS vs Weta debate. Which we don't need. That was my point.

Edit: Just want to keep this section as stress free as possible. Thats all. :duff

ok i take your point but i'd say the same on the Weta forum if the top 4 threads were about SS. Trust me the last person who wants to start a SS vs Weta debate is me! :peace

As to the enviros, yeah i'd love Barad-Dur next followed by Minas Morgul. And the black gates. And Cirith Ungol. And the Hobbiton mill with bridge and Green Dragon. And the Hobbiton Factory. And Lothlorien. And....... :lol

Its all good. :duff

I could pass on all of those outside of Barad-Dur and Minas Morgul of the ones you listed. I have no doubts at all they would look amazing but I'm not itching to own them either.

...As to the enviros, yeah i'd love Barad-Dur next followed by Minas Morgul. And the black gates. And Cirith Ungol. And the Hobbiton mill with bridge and Green Dragon. And the Hobbiton Factory. And Lothlorien. And....... :lol

Oooh, I really like where that list is headed! :wink1:

:hi5:

I don't want to stir the pot, but I wish Mary MacLachlan was still doing these enviros for Weta. The level of realism and detail is unmatched. You could spot a Mary sculpt a mile away. If anything, the quality of the ones being made recently look like they're just model kits (Bag End, Rivendell and (gasp) new Orthanc), and not like film miniatures. I guess I got spoiled by Mary . . .

She would do proper justice to Caras Galadhon, and Cirith Ungol. I betcha Hobbiton Mill was hers . . .

Would have to totally disagree with you. The enviros now are better than what we used to get I think. Those were good mind you but the level of detail and sheer awesomeness of these pieces has only gone up.

The biggest detractors from the new sculpts are those darned lollipop-looking trees.

Trees look fine to me. Like the way the tree on Bag End looks and didn't have a problem with Rivendell or Orthanc at Comic-Con.

When I look at Orthanc I look at Orthanc. Not the trees. The trees don't bother me at all, it's the tower I like to look at.
And it's not like it would be easy to make moulds of if the trees were any more detailed.

I'm not gonna moan about the trees until i see them in person. The new ones they're making are bigger but i agree the ones done by Mary had something special about them. She made alot of the models for the film so perhaps that's why.
Not all of the enviros were sculpted by her though - Tim Wigmore made Amon Hen, Rebecca Asquith done Bucklebury Ferry, John Baster the Moria Cemetary and Helms Deep, and Steve Unwin sculpted the Stone Trolls.

I'm not gonna moan about the trees until i see them in person. The new ones they're making are bigger but i agree the ones done by Mary had something special about them. She made alot of the models for the film so perhaps that's why.
Not all of the enviros were sculpted by her though - Tim Wigmore made Amon Hen, Rebecca Asquith done Bucklebury Ferry, John Baster the Moria Cemetary and Helms Deep, and Steve Unwin sculpted the Stone Trolls.

Are the Stone Trolls an enviro again? :rotfl

:stick

:1-1:

Not until the sun rose :lecture

The fact that they're called the Stone Trolls means they are now an environment.

FE, to add to your point, the ones that Mary touched were definitely a class on their own. The fact that she worked on the bigatures makes it that more special. That's why the original Orthanc has a special place!

Grond would be more of a weapon/tool. Could be displayed much like how Sauron's mace was displayed, on the black base.

Back