What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GotG, WW, PotC and Spider-Man really the only films this summer I think Hot Toys have the license for figures. I don't believe any of those lines will go too deep.

It's too early to unveil JL or TLJ figures therefore; the show should finish the lines above, the teasers shown and a surprise or two. I don't think it'll be mind blowing reveals but in this case don't mind being wrong 🙂

Howard did mention in a video interview that Justice League would be a focus for the larger Asian toy expos/cons. It is not that easy to get the translations/captions sorted on it so they mention SDCC repeatedly right after he says that but it is hard to tell whether we will see anything from it.

It would be totally possible to make the Flash and Aquaman just from the trailers/teasers provided so far. Wonder Woman and Batman do not have that different of costumes from previous efforts from what I saw. Supes is supposedly still dead, Cavell has not been included with the rest of the team in promo stuff so far from what I have seen.

It seemed that there were a lot of TFA stuff that was shown before the movie released just based on what was shown in the trailers so it is possible.

Going by previous patterns HT should be revealing a SW figure very soon. Maybe this week. I think the last SW announcement was in May. Skipped June but it was probably like the calm before the storm of reveals at SDCC. Probably everything previously shown will be on display including ROTJ Luke, Emperor, Royal Guards, maybe even Holiday Special Boba. Plus maybe at least one surprise figure like ESB or ROTJ Vader. Or ESB Lando. Won't get my hopes up for either of those though.

Yeah I'm the same. I think we know pretty much what will be shown so no high hopes. But any surprise is a bonus. Best way to go into SDCC I think.

Hoping to see Cassian in the mix at the Hot Toys booth, though at this point he seems about as likely as a Hot Toys Jar Jar Binks.

I don't think HT will neve put out Cassian, Krennic, Tarkin, Or Poe. I feel they'll revisit this characters down the line. Maybe even a year or two.

Hoping to see Cassian in the mix at the Hot Toys booth, though at this point he seems about as likely as a Hot Toys Jar Jar Binks.

I have to say I'm really surprised we've not had a 1/12 or 1/6 Jar Jar Binks. I think he'd sell really well. There aren't many "essential" TPM characters and Jar Jar is one of them.
I'd list TPM in order of importance as

Obi Wan
Qui Gon
Maul
Jar Jar
Padme
Battle Droid

Additional R1 figures still have a possibility depending how they handle Baze and ShoreTrooper variants teased.

SDCC will give us a better idea their intentions for the line which I hope is a few cool reveals looking at you Cassian and Krennic. If nothing new shown I'd think their moving on.

I have to say I'm really surprised we've not had a 1/12 or 1/6 Jar Jar Binks. I think he'd sell really well. There aren't many "essential" TPM characters and Jar Jar is one of them.
I'd list TPM in order of importance as

Obi Wan
Qui Gon
Maul
Jar Jar
Padme
Battle Droid

Honestly that would be a pretty much perfect list for me on the prequel side. If they dig into Clone Wars era or the EU that would be gravy.

Additional R1 figures still have a possibility depending how they handle Baze and ShoreTrooper variants teased.

SDCC will give us a better idea their intentions for the line which I hope is a few cool reveals looking at you Cassian and Krennic. If nothing new shown I'd think their moving on.

I agree !! Baze will be shown I'm sure. The prototype was pretty detailed, and he fits with Chirrut. So he's a must. But I agree, I think they'll show him with a shorter lead time, and Cassian / Krennic now or later with a longer lead-time of course (or no lead time for now, just a tease)

Fingers crossed.....

What do people think of ROTJ Luke ?? I like the chances of an Emperor Throne on that first pic.......or is it the old SS version ??

20117230_10154681305332344_5150468087024908963_o-2.jpg
20017646_10154681305632344_7582485791707547738_o.jpg
19983604_10154681304832344_1035331921252971332_o.jpg19955978_10154681304702344_8244096735066751568_o.jpg

I think it's just an early prototype for ROTJ Vader. I'm glad they teased him anyway though, so now we know they're at least working on him.

Jedi Luke looks fantastic. Not sure if that's a new Vader but I've got to start picking those up since the only one I have right now is the SS reveal. We know that Emperor (hopefully with throne) and Royal Guards are set to be revealed. Hopefully we will finally see Lando and maybe some prequel figures like Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul. I'd love to see HT really surprise us with a slave Leia, but Disney may have put the kibosh on that ever being made.

Back