What LOTR PF should i get/hold out for?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a2themonster

Super Freak
Reaction score
guys very big into LOTR/hobbit, etc…i wanna get a PF as i recently got into collecting but not sure which to get--or which character..I've been leaning towards maybe sauron, or thinking about holding out for some new characters that haven't been done..what do you guys think if there was only ONE you would get or wait for…what would it be?? Thanks in advance!

I'd lean towards Gandalf The Grey since he represents both trilogies, plus it's an excellent PF. Sauron is great though and so is the Morgul Lord...

any chance they'd make another gandalf with say just a different pose or something bcz of the new hobbit movies? that would certainly be cheaper to nab that when/if it would come out then trying 2 get gandalf now no?

No idea although they are making a Saruman PF. SS supposedly got the Hobbit license a bit ago but they've done nothing with it as far as I know.

I'd lean towards Gandalf The Grey since he represents both trilogies, plus it's an excellent PF. Sauron is great though and so is the Morgul Lord...

All three of those look great so you can't go wrong with any one of those if you must have only one.

All of the "bad" guys are good in the PF line, but Sauron is hard to beat if you only have one to represent the line. Gandalf the Grey is the best "good" and a much lower cost vs. Sauron. Just comes down to who you prefer, the whole LOTR line is great save for a couple.

what u guys think of the gollum pf? also i was reading theres some issues with 'overspray' w sauron…? I'd say thats prob my fav character..and they aren't making a smaug pf anytime soon lol…so I'm not sure--a very awesome thorin would be nice too…argh decisions

The overspray can be different on every Sauron statue. Some have more than others. Take a look at some *good* pics of it...not the ones with awful lighting or terrible flash photography. I don't think it looks nearly as bad as some people think.

Yeah GTG is an excellent piece and as said a great rep of the films.:yess:

Lurtz is probably still the best in the line purely from a statue point of view.:clap

It may depend on whether your on the side of good or evil?:dance

Can't go wrong with GTG, my first pf and still my favourite.

Yep, one of the best. :rock

GTG_Hat_full_front.jpg

4_R_Port.jpg

GTG_3-4_full_L.jpg

GTG_3-4_R_Port.jpg

Mind you, Lurtz is way up there too. :rock

SS_Lurtz_PF_Ex_1_zps03b4c2ef.jpg

And who could forget the Berserker. :rock

000_0103.jpg

Plus many more...I'm not helping things, am I :slap

think they'll make another gandalf? i also feel like saruman will look awesome, but i feel like if ur only getting one PF its tough to make it him…but idk

Back