What is your rarest/most valuable collectors item?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just really curious to see if any collectors out there have any extremely rare pieces (movie props/statues/comics/etc...) in their collection that they would consider as being extremely valuable and sought after in todays market. Or do you own a piece in your collection that has an extremely low limited edition size of how ever many made worldwide? For example, one of my rarest pieces would have to be the Gold Plated Darth Vader FX Lightsaber by Master Replica which only 50 were made worldwide. What makes this saber even rarer is that these 50 that were made were never released for public sale and instead were sent out as a gift to head chiefs at large toy companies/retailers that had helped Master replica achieve their selling targets of over one million lightsabers, hence it comes in an exclusive commemorative box with a signed letter and plaque. In my lifetime i have only ever seen 2 in person, the first time i had to miss out due to the price (this was infact later sold to a russian businessman :pfft:) the second time, after doing my best to get put through to the right contacts, i managed to find another which was completely sealed and brand new in its shipping box. This time i wasnt about to let it slip through my hands and so i decided to purchase it (co-incidently mine belonged to a head chief at Toys R Us). Over the past few years i have seen this go for over $1500 on eBay and other various online auction sites, however i have actually been offered over $5000 for my Vader Lightsaber but have decided for the time being at least not to sell. If you have an extremely rare collectors item it would be great to hear about and the story behind how you got your hands on it.

As mentioned earlier, this item can be a statue, comic, movie prop, etc... although as an avid collector of statues (mainly Sideshow and Enterbay) it would be very interesting to hear on this forum what you guys believe to be the rarest/most valuable statue out there....as a guess i would assume anything from the Dr. Doom, Grey Hulk PF, Optimus Prime Maquette?????
:hi5:

If someone offered me 5 G I would sell. That is a crazy profit margin, and to think what you can use with that money.

Rarest... Probably my Narin sculpted Predator that was painted by Joe Dunaway. He redid some sculpting on it to further enhance it's uniqueness and one-of-kind appeal. Cost me nearly 1K.

My repainted 1:1 Arnold T-800 SWS bust. AP Bela Lugosi Dracula premium format signed by Andy Bergholtz from his own personal collection. I also own the first Captain America exclusive PF, Hulk PF, 1/4 SSC Endoskeleton, SSC Juggernaut maquette, Red Skull PF exclusive, Green Goblin and Spiderman PFs... Venom comiquette ex. I have a bunch of other bigger pieces, but I can go on, and I don't want to. lol

I have some very old Matchbox cars in the box (before they were sold on plastic bubbles on cards)... one is in magnificent shape... like brand new out of the box. I have many hockey cards ranging from Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux's rookie cards to a Parkhurst Gump Worsely rookie card in great shape from 1953.

I have an old fantastic shape stero record unit from 1963 that looks like a cabinet, that plays beautiful music to this day. The guy who placed new fuses to it said it was the best sounding record unit he's heard from that time. I got that from my grandmother. I also have some very old money and papernotes. Some that are well over a 100 years-old.

I have a dozen or so game worn hockey jerseys. Some are big NHL players that fetch upwards to 2,500. I have Henrik Sedin's gamer. Won the Art Ross (NHL scoring leader), Hart (League MVP), and Ted Lindsay (Voted Best among his Peers) in 2009-10. I also have Cody Hodgson's first ever professional game worn jersey he ever wore. It has a Calder Cup Final patch on the jersey and some game damage. He won CHL Player of the Year in 2009 and was also the MVP of the 2009 WJC tournament. I have a Luc Bourdon jersey. Drafted 10th overall by the Vancouver Canucks. Played in the World Juniors twice. His Jersey last time I checked went for 2 grand. Probably more now that he's dead.

Real Sterling MK4/L2A3 SMG converted as very accurate Stormtrooper E-11 blaster with genuine M-40 scope, accurate T-tracks, real Hengstler Eagle counter and cylinders, and with special made display stand:

sterlingstormtrooperbla.jpg

Master Replicas AT-AT Signature Edition #693/750 display. Added 4 custom made plaques autographed by Julian Glover (General Veers), Ian Liston (AT-AT Driver), Richard Bonehill (Snowtrooper) and Doug Robinson (Snowtrooper), plus a tall plaque with AT-AT info, next to the original plaque signed already by Phil Tippett (visual effects producer - stop motion animator for AT-AT's in ESB):

mratatse50.jpg

Stormtrooper armor:

sdsstormtrooperarmor45.jpg

Life-size LAWS AT-AT Driver helmet and armor on custom bust. Chest-box comes with LED's that have 2 different lighting effects:

lawsatatdriverhelmetarm.jpg

Elm-Studios life-size ROTJ Emperor bust:

elmstudiosemperorpalpat.jpg

And there are a few other items that are very close to my heart, like some of the 1:1 helmets, Code 3 AT-ST, GG Dewback, Russ Replicas Terminator CPU chip and flask etc.

I have also a bar of solid gold worth 45k it's small but very heavy. It's part of gold coins I used to collect. I'm going to trade it in soon.

I've got the original Mona Lisa, so probably that one for me. :D

I used to collect stamps, and coins but lost interest. Haha wait does our weekend supercars count as a collectors item? That would take the cake for me if so. I love cars so it can be a hobby / collectors items? Hehe

Last edited:
Have you ever bee to the American Museum of Natural History in New York City?

This 110 foot blue whale is now mine. This is a video they sent me of them cleaning it before shipping.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS23952mqts[/ame]

Shipping costs are going to be pretty high but I got deal. They'll be shipping it using a S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier so that'll save me some dough.

I'm raising the ceiling in my ballroom to fit it. It's going to be freakin' swizzeat once everythings set up. Gotta get some porpoises and to complete the transglobal marine lineup.

In the auditorium down the hall it'll be northern Atlantic. Gotta get some White Sharks. Ughh. This is gonna cost me a fortune to finish...

Last edited:
Have you ever bee to the American Museum of Natural History in New York City?

This 110 foot blue whale is now mine. This is a video they sent me of them cleaning it before shipping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS23952mqts

Shipping costs are going to be pretty high but I got deal. They'll be shipping it using a S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier so that'll save me some dough.

I'm raising the ceiling in my ballroom to fit it. It's going to be freakin' swizzeat once everythings set up. Gotta get some porpoises and to complete the transglobal marine lineup.

In the auditorium down the hall it'll be northern Atlantic. Gotta get some White Sharks. Ughh. This is gonna cost me a fortune to finish...

:eek: :doh .....

Here's my most prized piece:

IMG_49981.jpg

It's a prop from the set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, from arguably one of my favorite episodes in the series run. (Not to mention my favorite show of all-time.) I got it from 20th Century Fox's prop department. The history and meaning behind the piece, both on and off the show, is more than I could have ever asked for. I had it professionally framed, where it sits proudly on my wall.

(I edited some information from the photo to prevent reproduction.)

0d09ce3647e9a194293ac5cddaa54339_zps443c28e1.jpg

E.T. Lifesize 4:10
Endoskeleton lifesize polished 1st edition
Predator 1 lifesize bust
HULK lifesize statue
King Kong 1:4 statue
Ironman lifesize statue
Gollum lifesize statue
Arnold Terminator lifesize bust
Il Tempo Gigante, Pincliffe Grandprix model 1:18 goldplated
Lamborghini Countach LP500S replica

Last edited: