What is your most irrational fear?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grphyx1

Super Freak
Reaction score
So after rewatching the Descent again last night, and stressing out over the tiny crawl spaces in that movie, I started wondering what are some of your irrational fears?

Mine is clasping my fingers together and not being able to unlock them. I've had horrifying nightmares about that since I was a child.

Needles. I hate needles. I cringe everytime I have to go to the doctor and even in movies I just get freaked out. I do handle my own when I do need to get a shot but I still hate them. Surprised I handled getting a tattoo when a needle is literally hitting my skin haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

For whatever reason I actually take the "black cat crossing your path" too seriously, to the point if a black runs in front of my car I turn around and find another route orotund town or out of the neighborhood.

Yea I hate needles as well. But getting stuck in some deep underground cavern or tunnel would suck.....

I know. When she got stuck in the tunnel with the rope bag and started having an anxiety attack, my breathing got all messed up watching that. Not a sport that I'd ever do.

Yea I hate needles as well. But getting stuck in some deep underground cavern or tunnel would suck.....

My brother too. As kids when we were getting our polio vaccine, he kicked the nurse and the needle broke off in his shoulder.

Needles. I hate needles. I cringe everytime I have to go to the doctor and even in movies I just get freaked out. I do handle my own when I do need to get a shot but I still hate them. Surprised I handled getting a tattoo when a needle is literally hitting my skin haha.

My brother too. As kids when we were getting our polio vaccine, he kicked the nurse and the needle broke off in his shoulder.
Oh god that would suck. I use to just run out and cry badly. Luckily that never happened to me.

Mine is the thought of having an ant hive hidden in my body, every once in a while I find a tiny stray ant on me and I cant figure out where it came from. Ever since I saw the Mummy when I was little I have a fear of bugs getting under my skin
DeathBug.jpg

Sometimes when I am camping I start to worry about being abducted by aliens out of my tent.

I am afraid of the ocean, being at the bottom of the food chain in an environment were people don't belong is terrifying.

Well, being an atheist, that would be death.

Of those I love, because I know that's final and I won't ever see them again.
Of my own, because everything I am, everything I know, everything I love will cease to exist at that exact moment.

This fear has made a pessimist and a cynic out of me.

I have an irrational fear of frogs. I think it started because my mother is deathly afraid of them too (among many other creatures), and as long as I can remember they were considered by my mom as practically like the devil incarnate. She would also tell us to stay away from them because they could be poisonous (we used to live in Nicaragua, so that could be true). But as an adult, I still get repulsed by them, my ears feel like they’re closing up and my skin crawls.

And I have a fear of heights, although I don’t know how irrational that truly is! But yes, when I’m somewhere high and it feels like my protection from falling seems pretty weak, like an open stairwell with just a banister between me and death, or balconies or hiking somewhere high up and close-ish to the edge, I start to really panic.

Getting bitten by one of those spiders that can cause a bit of your skin to rot off.

My house catching fire and not being able to get my cats to run to me to get them to safety. I hate to pick a favorite but I can't help it... and if I couldn't save my little Zoë and so on...I think about it a lot. Exit strategies, etc.

the brown recluse spider is a huge concern.

Getting bitten by one of those spiders that can cause a bit of your skin to rot off.

BG the thought of that just made me very sad. It'd be tough.
My house catching fire and not being able to get my cats to run to me to get them to safety. I hate to pick a favorite but I can't help it... and if I couldn't save my little Zoë and so on...I think about it a lot. Exit strategies, etc.

is there a term for it? I'm kinda the opposite on this one. I've loved frogs since i was a kid, I grew up in Jamaica, they were everywhere. I have so many frog statues and knick knacks around the house.

I have an irrational fear of frogs. I think it started because my mother is deathly afraid of them too (among many other creatures), and as long as I can remember they were considered by my mom as practically like the devil incarnate. She would also tell us to stay away from them because they could be poisonous (we used to live in Nicaragua, so that could be true). But as an adult, I still get repulsed by them, my ears feel like they’re closing up and my skin crawls.

And I have a fear of heights, although I don’t know how irrational that truly is! But yes, when I’m somewhere high and it feels like my protection from falling seems pretty weak, like an open stairwell with just a banister between me and death, or balconies or hiking somewhere high up and close-ish to the edge, I start to really panic.

Back