What is your favorite live action Batsuit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite live action Batsuit?

• TV Series Batman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 1989 Batman

Votes: 46 19.2%
  • 1992 Returns Batman

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Batman Forever "Panther" suit

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Batman Forever "Sonar" suit

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Batman and Robin suit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman and Robin "Ice" suit

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 80 33.3%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 55 22.9%
  • Dead End

Votes: 18 7.5%

• Total voters
voted dark knight. hated movie but from tactical standpoint, with kevlar and ability to turn head, suit makes most sense.

The only time I think that the Begins suit looked bad was in TDK. I'm not sure what they did to adjust the suit, or if they got a new mold and it didn't fit right or something, but it looked BAD.

Like here:

https://screenmusings.org/TheDarkKnight/images/tdk_0185.jpg

link is not working.....arrgghh

I think it's the scene where Batman is in the vault with Gordon (even though I think the screenshot linked to only shows Gordon)

I don't know what's wrong with the suit in that scene, but it definitely looks off. People have tried to tell me it's because Bale wasn't as bulked up as he was in Begins, but that shouldn't make such drastic differences to his head and face shape that the cowl ends up poorly fitting. I also think that there's no way that such a messed up look wouldn't be noticed on set, so it has to be that they used a camera lens that created a fish-eye effect or something and decided that it wasn't worth the re-filming costs when they got to editing.

I think it's the scene where Batman is in the vault with Gordon (even though I think the screenshot linked to only shows Gordon)

I don't know what's wrong with the suit in that scene, but it definitely looks off. People have tried to tell me it's because Bale wasn't as bulked up as he was in Begins, but that shouldn't make such drastic differences to his head and face shape that the cowl ends up poorly fitting. I also think that there's no way that such a messed up look wouldn't be noticed on set, so it has to be that they used a camera lens that created a fish-eye effect or something and decided that it wasn't worth the re-filming costs when they got to editing.

Damn, I guess I can't post an image OR a link properly...Geez.

But yeah, it's ridiculous he looked like that. He also looked that way pretty much in all his scenes with that suit, especially on the roof with Gordon and Dent.

Yeah, he looks out of place on the rooftop. Like a little kid dressed up as one of the Batman impersonators.

I'd almost suspect part of the reason the begins suit looked so bad in TDK was the fact nolan made it very clear that the suit didn't look as good at all times like the TDK suit did, and couldn't be filmed in certain ways.

I think they were conveying the old suit looking rough and bad, and makes the new suit look all that much better. Since nolan made it out that the TDK suit always looks good i'm assuming it doesn't require the touch up and finesse that the begins suit required to get it to look right i.e. fixing folds and wrinkles and adjusting his face in the cowl etc.

I think when it was presented properly (obviously for photography or specific shots) the begins suit LOOKS the best, as an overall design, it carries the image of batman, the silhouette. The long cape the cowl and ears all look great, plus it has a fairly simple design on the body.

TDK suit is much better as a practical suit though and never seemed to have an issue with looking good on screen or being very functional though.

I'd almost suspect part of the reason the begins suit looked so bad in TDK was the fact nolan made it very clear that the suit didn't look as good at all times like the TDK suit did, and couldn't be filmed in certain ways.

I think they were conveying the old suit looking rough and bad, and makes the new suit look all that much better. Since nolan made it out that the TDK suit always looks good i'm assuming it doesn't require the touch up and finesse that the begins suit required to get it to look right i.e. fixing folds and wrinkles and adjusting his face in the cowl etc.

I think when it was presented properly (obviously for photography or specific shots) the begins suit LOOKS the best, as an overall design, it carries the image of batman, the silhouette. The long cape the cowl and ears all look great, plus it has a fairly simple design on the body.

TDK suit is much better as a practical suit though and never seemed to have an issue with looking good on screen or being very functional though.

This is a :goodpost:

Pretty much sums up my feelings on those two suits.

I was looking at this poll :D . The order to me is:

1. Batman Returns
2. Batman The Dark Knight
3. Batman & Robin (black suit)
4. Batman Begins
5. Batman Forever (black suit)

The thing is, as someone said you probably choose the worst picture ever of the Batman Returns costume !! the suit looks all purple and keaton is not even wearing makeup. What I like most in a suit is the mask and the color of the rubber. On this field Batman Returns win, and dark knight follows close. Batman Begins could be perfect, but the ears of the mask are too short, it makes it looks like a little dog, some kind of chiguagua or something. Batman Forever suit looks great too, but it shines a little too much to me.

This one, I like the color:

600full-batman-returns-photo.jpg

I like this one too.

batman-returns-keaton.jpg

Keaton’s Batman has too many flaws to be at the top.

He’s diminutive
He either can’t aim straight or his jets equipment doesn’t work right.
He kills people
His Batwing sucks (shot down by a revolver?)
His Batmobile's shield disappears into thin air without a logical explanation

:rotfl

I still like the movie though :clap

Back