What is your favorite live action Batsuit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• TV Series Batman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 1989 Batman

Votes: 46 19.2%
  • 1992 Returns Batman

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Batman Forever "Panther" suit

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Batman Forever "Sonar" suit

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Batman and Robin suit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman and Robin "Ice" suit

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 80 33.3%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 55 22.9%
  • Dead End

Votes: 18 7.5%

• Total voters
(1) Begins
(2) TDK
(3) Batman 89
(4) Batman Forever "Sonar"
(5) Dead End

The TDK suit would likely tie for number 1 if the bat emblem was more like Begins. I think the practicality is what strikes me on these ... supposing there was a billionaire vigilante that would want to dress like a bat and fight crime, I think he might actually wear something like these.

Batman 89 looks good for its time, but, in retrospect, its a bit too "rubber suit" looking. That being said, it is relatively faithful to the source material. I also don't care for the bright yellow bat emblem -- "shoot here". It takes away from the "bat" look in favor of a bright target dead center on the chest. I actually like the overall look of the original "Forever" suit a little better, but the nipples kill it.

I like the stylized Sonar suit look in Forever ... and it really was the first suit without the yellow emblem. The Robin suit actually works a bit better than the Batman -- but they both are quite good.

Cloth suits work better in comics than in real life -- Dead End is the best possible execution of the spandex suit, but it still looks too much like a Halloween costume. A billionaire vigilante wouldn't wear that while getting shot at. Dead End is a good attempt ... but I think proves that the spandex suit won't ever really work on film.

SnakeDoc

Not really a fan of the '89 suit, the rubber is really thick and awkward looking, especially the cowl IMO. The Returns suit is a really nice update. Hate the symbol on the '89 suit too.

Dead End is the best, certainly the best by far for the buck given the budgets of all the productions. It's the one that looks most like Batman.

TDK suit is my favorite and followed by the BB suit and then '89.

What bugs me the most is that people aren't voting for the costumes they like but for the movies. And for god sakes will you please can it with the realism angle crap, It's a fracking comic book character.

That said:

Batman 89: is great, but obviously lacks due to the costume making techniqes and materials of the day. still looks awesome even today

Batman Returns: is the 89 armored version and looks just as cool

60's....no comment

Batman Forever: I agree with the earlier comment made that this costume is the 89 refined

Batman Begins....cool if you like Batman looking like a rottweiler

TDK.....seriously....go go Batman Ranger. An armoured combat suit with a cowl

Dead End: proves that a more true-to-the-comic-look can work

all these costumes have their ups and downs, but alas this poll is doomed to bias by the film and not the costume.

:nana:

I know but... BTAS was soo amazing. I... I just cant resist :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

batman.jpg

The suit from "Batman: City of Scars" was also pretty nice (especially for a fan film) and (as stated above) showed a comic faithful suit would work well on film (and would work even better with a real budget to work with).

The black rubber suits are all equally awful, in my opinion.

I like the basic look of the Dead End and 89 versions. Don't get me wrong, they all have a coolness unto their own, but my personal preference was always a more realistic looking version, rather than a hulked up, armored version.

The rubber suit armor seems more realistic of a Millionaire who is not connected to the military and is looking to make an immediate impact by fighting crime.

Batman Begins is what I'm going with. It's the most Batman.

But I also like Sonar and TDK.

I went with the Begins suit but it was hard. 89 and Returns suits are the ones i grew up with, and are both really iconic looks. Especially with the yellow oval. But i just love the Begins suit. The huge neck, the way the cape flows and the huge bat across the chest. I just prefer it to any other version. But only marginally. I love Begins, TDK, 89 and Returns suits all pretty much equally. Never really liked the others. Even the Panther suit from Forever. Its ok, but for me doesn't live up to the others.

I picked begins because I was honestly going to that movie with no expectations and was blown away..

but If we're doing non-live action.

Mignola%2BBatman%2BGotham%2Bby%2BGaslight.jpg

Absolutely agree that the Gotham by Gaslight Bats is one of the best! I was fortunate enough to get Mike Mgnola to draw one for me at a San Diego Comic Con several years ago:

gothambygaslightsmall.jpg

Back