What is your favorite live action Batsuit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite live action Batsuit?

• TV Series Batman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 1989 Batman

Votes: 46 19.2%
  • 1992 Returns Batman

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Batman Forever "Panther" suit

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Batman Forever "Sonar" suit

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Batman and Robin suit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman and Robin "Ice" suit

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 80 33.3%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 55 22.9%
  • Dead End

Votes: 18 7.5%

• Total voters
While I like batman being realistic and stuff, i do also like the crazy out of this world stuff he has too, especially all the suits he uses in the cartoons and comics.

What bugs me the most is that people aren't voting for the costumes they like but for the movies.

...SNIP...

all these costumes have their ups and downs, but alas this poll is doomed to bias by the film and not the costume.

Actually I think the fact that lots of people are listing the Panther suit in their top 3 or so is evidence that, for once, people are looking solely at design and art direction rather than any perceived quality of the film itself. I only remember reading a couple of comments reminiscent of the standard Schumacher bashing.

Actually I think the fact that lots of people are listing the Panther suit in their top 3 or so is evidence that, for once, people are looking solely at design and art direction rather than any perceived quality of the film itself. I only remember reading a couple of comments reminiscent of the standard Schumacher bashing.

When i started this thread I was hoping that the movies themselves would play no part in the choices and I think that so far you are right it has proven to be the case. I would like to update the photo of the 1992 returns suit. Does anyone have a decent one they could send me?

When i started this thread I was hoping that the movies themselves would play no part in the choices and I think that so far you are right it has proven to be the case. I would like to update the photo of the 1992 returns suit. Does anyone have a decent one they could send me?

Here you go.

2lw0zef.jpg

or
24gkpxw.jpg
or
2ppbm76.jpg

As I stated. Returns is my 2nd favorite. I like it cause its more of a refined 89 suit. My favorite is BB. It just looks soooo MEAN!!!

Last edited:
I really hope we see a new costume for the next installment, it's one of the most exciting things for me when a new Batman movie comes around.

I voted Begins. I love the design of the TDK suit, and it is definitely just as good, if not moreso, than the Begins suit. However,the Begins suit is by far the best representation for me.It's design melds the modern technology of the body armor with the theatricality of the character perfectly, and the end result is breathtaking. The bulk of the suit is fantastic as well as it conveys just how imposing Batman really is, in the best possible way.

I just don't like the yellow on the chest with the Keaton costumes. Like someone mentioned earlier about certain comic book elements that don't translate to live action, (e.g. Wolverine's yellow spandex) that's how I feel about the yellow on Batman's chest. Take away the yellow, and it's a pretty nice Batman suit. Just my personal opinion.

I just don't like the yellow on the chest with the Keaton costumes. Like someone mentioned earlier about certain comic book elements that don't translate to live action, (e.g. Wolverine's yellow spandex) that's how I feel about the yellow on Batman's chest. Take away the yellow, and it's a pretty nice Batman suit. Just my personal opinion.

Well one extreme to another. The emblem on the TDK suit is barely noticeable, almost non-existent.

The Begins suit is a happy medium between the Batman/Batman Returns suit and the TDK suit in terms of design and all that. I love the big bat emblem on the Begins suit, probably more than any of the others and the way the suit is designed makes it appear that there are muscles there, even if it is subtle and really armor.

However, in terms of presentation in the film, I think the Begins suit is the worst. In some scenes it looks AWFUL, specifically when he's crouching. In fact I think there are fewer scenes where he looks intimidating than where he looks goofy. His first appearance in the Batsuit with Falcone is nothing to write home about. When he talks to Gordon at his house he looks odd just crouching there and then he's the worst when he's with Rachel (it's not WHO I AM underneath, but what I DOOOOOOO that defines me). In TDK, the Begins suit looks even worse after the action sequence. Batman looks so out of place on the GPD rooftop with Dent and Gordon.

Not to say all the scenes look bad, there are some good ones. It looks fantastic when Batman is talking to Rachel after she tazes him and the end scene with the Batsignal is probably the best the costume looks out of both films, in fact the cowl looks completely different.

It has alot to do with the lighting, I'm sure but it's still how it's presented, and the Begins suit is presented the worst.

I don't recall a scene where the '89 suit looks awkward. There are a few close up shots where the cowl doesn't fit Keaton's face as well as it should, but those are close ups. It looks beautiful in the Axis Chemical scenes. The most intimidating look is when he's suffering from the Batwing injuries, blood, shrapnel in his face and body armor, burnt and cracked bat emblem, it looks great. The cinematography and lighting helps it too. In some scenes it looks like it was pulled straight from the comic the way they have the light cast down on his head with his eyes hidden, almost like a skull.

If the films were shot reversed, Begins with '89 lighting and appearance and '89 with Begins lighting and appearance, the Begins suit would be the clear victor for me.

I like the Returns suit, it's probably the most sleek, streamlined and clean of all of them, but I don't know, it's too simple. I will say this though, there isn't ONE scene where that suit looks bad. The '89 suit, Forever, Batman and Robin, Batman Begins and TDK suit all have awkward shots of it but the Returns one always looks good.

I voted for the sonar suit. It needed some love. I loved the lack of the yellow emblem as a kid, the HUGE bat, and I didn't even hate the silver then. It is a bit much now and should have been toned down, but I liked that he had more suits other than black. Just like all the Kenner/Hasbro figures! Haha.

Honestly the only ones I don't like are the 60s/Dead End/Serial (seriously, that's fine for comics but looks ridiculous in live-action) and the 89 is pretty cheap looking with an awful bat logo. I much prefer BR and BF to it. I love the Nolan movies and those designs work great in the context of the film. BB looks more iconic than TDK. The cowl, the cape, the simplicity.

I voted for the sonar suit. It needed some love. I loved the lack of the yellow emblem as a kid, the HUGE bat, and I didn't even hate the silver then. It is a bit much now and should have been toned down, but I liked that he had more suits other than black. Just like all the Kenner/Hasbro figures! Haha.

Damn right. It's a great suit and was the first one to incorporate "Sonar lenses". It went back to the more traditional batsuit with large bat logo and didn't have nipples. The silver really isn't that gaudy either.

I didn't vote for it, but there's no denying how sweet it looks,

suit_batman_sonar.jpg

batmanrobin2kh0gd.jpg

002-5.jpg

Last edited:
Damn right. It's a great suit and was the first one to incorporate "Sonar lenses". It went back to the more traditional batsuit with large bat logo and didn't have nipples. The silver really isn't that gaudy either.

suit_batman_sonar.jpg

batmanrobin2kh0gd.jpg

002-5.jpg

always had a softspot for that suit, when i was a kid i was a BIG forevers fan. Val kilmer was a great batman in a so/so film.

Fully agreed about the Sonar Suit, it really is a great suit. I voted for the Begins suit, but the Sonar and the Returns suit are also favorites of mine.
This was also my favorite Batman figure when I was younger. No fancy colors, no superfluous accessories, and it came with a cool batarang (and Robin of course, since it was a 2-pack):

Batman-070.jpg

This is a great shot DiFabio, would look great as a HT figure IMO. Does anybody have a bigger version of this by any chance?

suit_batman_sonar.jpg

batmanrobin2kh0gd.jpg

002-5.jpg

Awesome...I agree !!! Although the storyline was a bit poo, poo :rotfl

Still prefer the 1989 look over the others... I think Begins would be a runner up as I think its well done, but not too modern.

I really like the look of Dead End and kind of think it might be the coolest, but like others have said its hard to take a guy in tights seriously even when he looks as tough as that dude :lol

Back