What is your favorite live action Batsuit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite live action Batsuit?

• TV Series Batman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 1989 Batman

Votes: 46 19.2%
  • 1992 Returns Batman

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Batman Forever "Panther" suit

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Batman Forever "Sonar" suit

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Batman and Robin suit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman and Robin "Ice" suit

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 80 33.3%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 55 22.9%
  • Dead End

Votes: 18 7.5%

• Total voters
I'm torn between the Batman Begins, and Dark Knight suits, but I think I'm going to go with the Dark Knight suit. While the cowl looks awesome and imposing, it's not too impressive when Batman has to turn his entire upper body to look left or right. All the other Batman "movie" costumes I've tried to erase from my mind. All four of those movies were just ridiculously awful.

It's got to be Begins for me (and on a par with that would be Robin's from Forever), closely followed by the Forever and Batman and Robin suits.

89 if you see it close up looks a little poorly crafted; and while in general I like art deco, its influence on the Returns suit didn't resonate with me for some reason. And both of them have this weird semi-flatness sort of thing going on at the crotch. Call me old-fashioned but my Batman needs a codpiece. Or at the very least some undies on over his tights.

I'm torn between the Batman Begins, and Dark Knight suits, but I think I'm going to go with the Dark Knight suit. While the cowl looks awesome and imposing, it's not too impressive when Batman has to turn his entire upper body to look left or right. All the other Batman "movie" costumes I've tried to erase from my mind. All four of those movies were just ridiculously awful.

I'm in the same boat. THe look of the Begins Suit is so stunning, but the practicality of TDK suit is impossible to ignore.

I still haven't voted...

For me the best suit is the Batman Forever Panther suit... it's a refined version of the '89 suit and it looked awesome on screen.

It is pretty cool. I actually forgot about that one. Very cool despite the nipples.

I'd say the '89 followed closely by the Panther suit. Then Begins, TDK and Returns. I like the quasi 80's interpretation with the fake muscles, it just looks more iconic and Bat-like. The armored stuff is more practical and realistic, but looks less like the comics I read as a kid.

The Dead End one always reminded me of the guy who would dress up as Batman at those cheap carnivals held in parking lots when I was a kid.

My all time favorite is definitely the begins suit. It just look so menacing with the huge cowl. This looks like the most imposing bats. I would crap my pants if this guy is on my face.
My next favorite is returns. I would have picked 89 if it wasn't rough. Returns was well refined. Love the cowl also.

My least favorite of the new ones is actually the DK suit. I know for form and function, it makes the most sense, but for arts purposes, I find it lacking. I hate the damn small neck. Take away the damn ears and it can be any military fighter. Even the bat signal on his chest gets lost with the busy style and form. Take away the velvet cape and bat ears and it can easily fit in with one of the characters in the GI Joe movie. It almost doesnt look like batman anymore.

I don't think we've seen the coolest suit yet, so I'll go with TDK. I'm willing to bet Nolan's design team is working on even more tweaks to the design for TDKR.

Dead End.

Classic looking while still cool.

But I agree it's not pratical. Bats really needs some armour.

89 suit hands down. Best mix of comic book look and modern armor practicality. Organic but functional.

He's suppose to resemble a human bat not a military dude with pointy ears which is what the more modern suits remind me of. Even Returns had too much of a plate armor look to it for me.

89 suit hands down. Best mix of comic book look and modern armor practicality. Organic but functional.

He's suppose to resemble a human bat not a military dude with pointy ears which is what the more modern suits remind me of. Even Returns had too much of a plate armor look to it for me.
:goodpost:
and to be honest, I still love the immensely dark style of both '89 Bats and Returns. to me no other movie has captured the creep/gritty darkness of Batman like the Burton films

That's what was bugging me about that picture. I was trying to figure out why it looked like a Halloween costume. So obvious in retrospect.

\o/

BatmanReturns.jpg

Honestly even though the movie was crap I really like the Kilmer Panther suit. The only redeeming part of Batman Forever for me. Like it over the Burton or Nolan suits.

i like the dead end suit alot, its got an alex ross vibe to it but its probably a tie with the begins suit.

Batman begins is a close second, but I think the Dead End suit feels more like the REAL Batman.

Back