What is this new devilry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datafagga

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Finally The Balrog of Moria has arrived...

kleinbal3mmae.jpg

kleinbal21mi4.jpg

kleinbal4tmcb.jpg

kleinbal5pmx5.jpg

dfsdfsdfdsdm3b.jpg

The Awesomeness!! :drool

WOW! datafagga congrats on a great pick-up.

I would kill for one a Daddy Rog.

Way out of my price range though.

Such an awesome piece.

Enjoy!

Bill

Thanks, guys. It's really a matter of luck to find a perfect balrog, others are slightly damaged on the whip or claws. I got really lucky with that.:rock2

Congrats on picking up Daddy 'Rog. I agree that this is among the best, if not THE best, Sideshow Weta LOTR pieces out there. Mine is currently boxed up waiting for the day I can display him once again. :(

OK, I'm embarrassed I have to ask this, but here goes. What exactly makes this statue the "grail" of LOTR? In my defense, I was not into LOTR collecting when this one came out, so I'm going to simply claim ignorance! I always see people talking about this piece, so I was just hoping to better understand why people pour over this piece so much more than most. Thanks...

I think the limited nature of the statue (1,000 pieces) and the fact that it is really far and away the best representation of the Balrog make it a very desirable piece to own.

Not to mention the Balrog is really a stand out creature design among a series fully of amazing creature designs. At one time I think the average price for one was $2-3K... but sounds like that has come down quite a bit over the last couple of years.

OK, I'm embarrassed I have to ask this, but here goes. What exactly makes this statue the "grail" of LOTR? In my defense, I was not into LOTR collecting when this one came out, so I'm going to simply claim ignorance! I always see people talking about this piece, so I was just hoping to better understand why people pour over this piece so much more than most. Thanks...

When you see it live in front of you, all questions will be answered...

Because Weta created the balrog for the films, and made this statue! You can't get a more genuine LOTR creature statue than one made by Weta. You may be able to buy really cool-looking statues like Sideshow does, but the added quality here is the genuine-ness. Plus it looks so freaking cool.

Back