What is the deal with gohastings.com?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Singuy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I just got a HT Jill Valentine battlesuit yesterday and it was USED! All the seals were broken (and not only that, the main seal doesn't stick anymore due to all the dirt on it!). Also the scope of the sniper rifle broke off in the box (probably due to mishanding from the previous owner). Is this normal? I am new to this whole hobby and so far, it's been pretty disappointing ...

Are there any other retailers I should watch out for? It seems the only safe one is sideshow(but bbts has decent customer service..even though their boxes are all trashed up).

How would you guys rank retailers and their ability to deliver mint condition items?

They dont indicate that when buying figures (as opposed to say dvds or books). Sometimes you will get a figure from GH that has been removed, displayed, and then put back in the box. They dont say that in the description, but that has been known to happen from time to time. Also, GH is not for you if you like holding onto boxes. Boxes will often have noticable shelf wear. You may get some cheaper or thats sold out, but such are the risks of dealing with GH.

When you buy from then, NEVER expect MISB items to arrive. You may get items that are mint, but since they sell excess items from their stores, boxes can be opened, etc. If you received it with broken pieces, you should return/exchange it.

Also theyre not very good at packing items. I once got a Terminator in a box with maybe 5 of those air pillows randomly thrown in. No real effort.

gohastings is awesome, but you do have to watch out...that said they have an awesome customer service that will send you a shipping label to return it for a full refund.

I order from them as often as I can because you really can't beat their 20% off sales especially if you bundle it with free shipping.

I just got 4 figures from them and they were all mint.

I wouldn't give up on GoHastings just yet. My experiences all of which were significantly below retail (DX02 and Battle Damaged were 40% off retail):

1) Hot Toys Batman DX02 (mint in brown shipper best deal by far)

2) Hot Toys Iron Man III Battle Damaged (was open and displayed, box was worn, abs were a little sticky and fins already attached but overall when he is on your shelf you don't notice anything wrong with it)

3) Hot Toys Ezio (displayed got nervous that sleeve was torn but it's supposed to be like that and had everything)

4) Hot Toys Battle Jill Valentine (sealed in box haven't opened yet)

When you get them on sales it's worth the risk. I could make a 5X profit on DX02 but I can't bring myslef to sell it. It's still in the box prolly leaking its abs all over the place lol.

Ah yes, the $108 batman dx. Those were the days.

I wouldn't give up on GoHastings just yet. My experiences all of which were significantly below retail (DX02 and Battle Damaged were 40% off retail):

1) Hot Toys Batman DX02 (mint in brown shipper best deal by far)

2) Hot Toys Iron Man III Battle Damaged (was open and displayed, box was worn, abs were a little sticky and fins already attached but overall when he is on your shelf you don't notice anything wrong with it)

3) Hot Toys Ezio (displayed got nervous that sleeve was torn but it's supposed to be like that and had everything)

4) Hot Toys Battle Jill Valentine (sealed in box haven't opened yet)

When you get them on sales it's worth the risk. I could make a 5X profit on DX02 but I can't bring myslef to sell it. It's still in the box prolly leaking its abs all over the place lol.

GoHastings.com will pull items off of the shelf in stores when they are sold online. So its pretty typical to have items that have been handled, or even returned sold as if they were new.

Whenever you buy from them online its a risk and its a good practice to check the items thoroughly for any damage. Some of the stores do use devices to prevent people from opening the figures, my local store seems to do that on anything over $100... but what they use also tends to make indentations on the packaging :lol

The one in the city where I live opens all of the Hot Toys and puts them in a display cabinet. When they are sold they are repackaged. I think the guy that's in charge of that department actually plays with them.

The one in the city where I live opens all of the Hot Toys and puts them in a display cabinet. When they are sold they are repackaged. I think the guy that's in charge of that department actually plays with them.

A guy who plays with toys!
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
... oh, wait :rotfl

I got a mint condition sealed Hot Toys Thor from them for $140 with $3 shipping UPS 2-day delivery, only a couple of months ago.

Very pleased with my transaction there.

Back