Premium Format What is the condition of your Psylocke PF EX?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How have you gotten your Psylocke PF EX?

• Perfect, no flaws

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Paint cracks on right thigh

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Cracks or chips in the hair

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Other flaws

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if length of transit for delivery has anything to do with condition. Like the dude who lives in Belgium. That's a super far delivery route and with as much as a package exchanges hands from Thousand Oaks, California to Europe, I can't imagine everyone being careful along the way. A statue is more prone to risk the more it has to travel.

seriously? the length of the shipping has almost nothing to do with this... we've received numerous packages from all over the world and only SSC's are this bad
For me it's clear that these damages are not because of the shipping because for instance the broken hair strand isn't anywhere in the box
also there are a darn lot of paintbrush hairs stuck in her eyes and in her hair and don't tell me that that is a result of the shipping >_<
the base might be the result of a low temperature but why hasn't the same happened with our Rogue base that shipped during those incredible cold days?
no sir, the only way I see it is that the QC of SSC is a load of bull____ and their quality in overall (especially on the marvel pieces) is lacking
we've been cutting down on the SSC purchases since Rogue and this won't be helping it... we only buy now if we really, really want it

oh, and it's dude AND dudette ;)

Mine has a small hair line crack on her right thigh, it's not noticeable unless you look at it really hard, so I thought I was gonna keep her the way it is. But after a few days I feel the crack is getting more visible, so I contacted Sideshow and they put me on a wait list. It's a shame this is such a nice statue. I don't know how long to get the replacement. Rogue took a very long time :(

I'm still waiting for my Rogue replacement. :lol

Voted for Cracks or chips in the hair.

Mine had a very tiny chip off the tip of one of the hair pieces on the Ex head. I decided to let it slide.

Mine arrived today with paint cracking on both thights, all of these around the bands.. Will contact SS tomorrow.
Still waiting for a perfect Rogue as well :(

I was certain mine would arrive damaged cause it was sent all the way to Australia, but when it arrived I couldnt find anything wrong with it. So Happy!

I wonder if length of transit for delivery has anything to do with condition. Like the dude who lives in Belgium. That's a super far delivery route and with as much as a package exchanges hands from Thousand Oaks, California to Europe, I can't imagine everyone being careful along the way. A statue is more prone to risk the more it has to travel.

None of the flaking has anything to do with that. All my older twenty-odd SSC pieces have travelled all the way to Europe too and they're all fine in that respect, so this new issue can only be down to the fact that...

the QC of SSC is a load of bull____ and their quality in overall (especially on the marvel pieces) is lacking

Facts are facts, so no apologetic comments, please. I'm still waiting for a decent Rogue PF, and now I know I'm gonna come home to a peeling Psylocke. Way to go, Sideshow.

And don't get me started on a certain bust's forehead...

Last edited:
None of the flaking has anything to do with that. All my older twenty-odd SSC pieces have travelled all the way to Europe too and they're all fine in that respect, so this new issue can only be down to the fact that...

Facts are facts, so no apologetic comments, please. I'm still waiting for a decent Rogue PF, and now I know I'm gonna come home to a peeling Psylocke. Way to go, Sideshow.

And don't get me started on a certain bust's forehead...

Well, this cracking issue isn't so black and white as you might think it is. I know several pieces, mine included, arrived without any cracks whatsoever. Over the last two weeks mine and others have started to develop the cracks.

So I don't know how you can blame Sideshow QC for not seeing something that wasn't there at the time of their inspection. :dunno

Sideshow will do right by us. They always do. My guess is that the statue wasn't properly primed or they were painted too soon after being cast.

Good point, but the fact remains that their factories, or one of them, are screwing up big time.

That, to me, is a quality control fail in origin. Their Sabretooth LSB was a fail because of this very issue. You'd think they'd learn. This should have never happened again.

Mine was perfect. Sorry to hear about the issues others are having. Hope you get replacements soon.

I need to change my vote from a chip in the hair to cracks on the leg. I was one of the first to get the Ex, and it was fine (despite a very minor chip in the hair of the Ex head). Decided to check again after reading about people having the cracks start to form after a little while. Damn....

Last edited:
Well, this cracking issue isn't so black and white as you might think it is. I know several pieces, mine included, arrived without any cracks whatsoever. Over the last two weeks mine and others have started to develop the cracks.

So I don't know how you can blame Sideshow QC for not seeing something that wasn't there at the time of their inspection. :dunno

Sideshow will do right by us. They always do. My guess is that the statue wasn't properly primed or they were painted too soon after being cast.

Don't be so sure. I thought Sideshow would have done right by us on the Cobra Commander diorama w/ "ALL" the Crimson Guard missing cobra emblems. But instead all we got was a stupid $30 partial refund or basically take it or leave kinda answer...:(

Just another little something that has just killed my passion for this hobby.

Back