What is the best line to collect for the Rogues Gallery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with DCD's figure though, is the inconsistent scales and styles of the various characters

That's another reason I chose the BTAS route to get my rogues gallery 'fix', they're all in a consistent style and scale - they look like a set and look stylish and great together.
Plus it's BTAS and we all know that BTAS owns! :lol

The next line I'm starting on will be the Arham Asylum game figures line by DCD. With the second game due to be released soon with a lot of new rogues, and possibly more game sequels in the future, I can see this line having a lot of the major rogues in it.

I saw these a while ago and I thought they look really nice, what do you guys think?:

TYDD02616_kh.jpg

TYDD02613_kh.jpg

These are from DC Direct's Cover Girl line, they also have an Ivy and Batgirl. Man, if only they make a whole line of Rogues in this format, I would so get them all! I think it's time a company start doing statue / bust of Batman besides Batman, if you know what I mean. You have Bowen and Sideshow covering the Marvel roster, and DC isn't getting the same treatment really...

I think I'm going to get into DCD / DCUC in the meantime, and possibly also get the BTAS which I used to have as a kid. (Kenner is so awesome to our childhood:D) thanks, don't let it stop, keep the information flowing :peace

Last edited:
I really like their Penguin, Joker, and Clayface, but that's about it. The rest have huge faults, and Freeze stinks unless you want to fork out $30 for an exclusive version, and that's if you can find one on ebay.

The DCUC line is a very nice line for Batman rogues, but not really a good one to collect especially if you're a late-comer.
Most of them are hard to find, some are almost impossible to find, and the ones you can find on ebay go for extortionate prices.
That aside, they do have a very nice selection of rogues so far, with the prospect of more to come aswell. I think the line only needs a handfull more to beat the BTAS line for the most Batman rogues available.
While the line does have great articulation, to me the face sculpts seem to come off a bit cold and emotionless. I also think the re-use of bodies isn't suited to some of the characters and the neckline on Batman looks a little odd.
At least with DCD, what they lack in articulation, they make up for in expressive sculpts and for the most part unique bodies too.
I think if I were new to collecting Batman, and I wanted a line with all the rogues in, I'd have to choose the DCD route out of these two.

Back