What is the best line to collect for the Rogues Gallery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theokan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been wanting to add the Rogues Gallery to my collection for some time now, but not sure which line of collectibles to get into for this particular subject. In your opinion what is the best line to collect for the Rogues Gallery? The only requirement here is that there has to be enough Batman Villains in the line, so something like Hot Toys Joker + Two face does not make a Rogues Gallery collection. Anyone have some thoughts?

IMO the best line to collect would have to be the B:TAS line. It has the largest number of Batman rogues over any other line so far and they're all relatively easy and cheap to find on ebay.
Plus they're all classic representations of each character (aside from Penguin - unless you choose to go with the TNBA model instead) and they look awesome all together on the shelf:
battyanimated4.jpg

battyanimated3.jpg

battyanimated2.jpg

But if the animated line isn't for you then the next best line would possibly be the DCUC line by Mattel. It doesn't have a complete line-up of rogues as yet, but it's possible that it may do in the future.

The best option for an exhaustive rogues gallery from Batman is DCD's 6inch figures, they even had a couple of lines called rogues gallery if i'm not mistaken, lots of great figures in there

^ good call! How could I forgot about DCD, I love their figures! And yeah, they have a good number of the rogues gallery to choose from too - not as many as the BTAS line but very close, plus with DCD you usualy have a couple of different designs of each rogue to choose from.

Yeah, you'll probably get the most from one of the above options, but another (superior) line that gives you a bunch of rogues is the Minimate line. They had several Jokers, Harley Quinn, Clayface, Penguin, Riddler, Killer Croc, Manbat, Catwoman. No Two Face, sadly.

Ya I also thought of the B:TAS and the DCD figures, they definitely look pretty awesome together. I actually have most of those B:TAS figures as a kid, might have to go back and get them now.. Minimates is an interesting choice, haven't thought of that one.. Are there any statue lines or busts that feature a decent enough number of Batman villains?

Maybe for Clayface, The Riddler, and Penguin, but otherwise I'd say no. :dunno

You forgot the Killer Moth, Croc, Manbat, Joker, Harley, Catwoman, Two-Face and the upcoming Bane on that list.

The T.A.S. line looks good. Very Representative of the animation but it is done. The DcDirect will give you better sculpts and they have done some Characters that DCUC has not yet. DCUC is running strong and it is well known for doing obscure characters. Who knows? DCUC may actually do a Calendar Man figure. Don't you want Calendar man? :)

Best Rogues Gallery, Marvel has to go to Spider-Man. DC is definitely Batman but for Marvel, I'm thinking Spidey.

It's kinda funny how similar their Rogues Gallery is sometimes. They even mimic each other.

The best Marvel line is probably Hasbro's Marvel Universe. They have a nice assortment of Spidey villains.

DC Direct's released:

Joker (multiples)
Catwoman (multiples)
Ra's Al Ghul (multiples)
Penguin (multiples)
Croc
Black Mask
Man Bat
Mr. Freeze
Harley Quinn
Scarecrow (multiples)
Poison Ivy (multiples)
Two Face (multiples)
Mad Hatter
Hush
Hugo Strange
Bane

All the heavy hitters and then some. For the most part they blend pretty well together, as well as rogues can. Grab yourself a Mattel Clayface, maybe a Killer Moth, and you're set.
icon14.gif

DC Direct's released:

Joker (multiples)
Catwoman (multiples)
Ra's Al Ghul (multiples)
Penguin (multiples)
Croc
Black Mask
Man Bat
Mr. Freeze
Harley Quinn
Scarecrow (multiples)
Poison Ivy (multiples)
Two Face (multiples)
Mad Hatter
Hush
Hugo Strange
Bane

All the heavy hitters and then some. For the most part they blend pretty well together, as well as rogues can. Grab yourself a Mattel Clayface, maybe a Killer Moth, and you're set.
icon14.gif

And a Hush Riddler.

I find DCUC to be pretty frustrating. My goal is to finish my rogues gallery in 6 inch. I'm pretty close...nonetheless It's been alot of customizing.

DCUC/DCSH:

Joker (x2 soon)
Harley
Two-face (x 2)
Catwoman (x2)
Mr. Freeze (x4)
Killer Moth
Clayface
Killer Croc (x3)
Man-bat (x3)
Solomon Grundy
Riddler (x2 soon)
Bane (x3 soon)
Scarecrow
Deathstroke
Deadshot
Gentleman Ghost

And Poison Ivy is on the short list of being made as well. I'd say that is quite a lot of Rogues in one, consistant line, which DCD can't boast. They only make a few in a specific artist's style and then move on. So if you want them to all go together seemlessly, DCUC is the best choice.

DCUC/DCSH:

Joker (x2 soon)
Harley
Two-face (x 2)
Catwoman (x2)
Mr. Freeze (x4)
Killer Moth
Clayface
Killer Croc (x3)
Man-bat (x3)
Solomon Grundy
Riddler (x2 soon)
Bane (x3 soon)
Scarecrow
Deathstroke
Deadshot
Gentleman Ghost

And Poison Ivy is on the short list of being made as well. I'd say that is quite a lot of Rogues in one, consistant line, which DCD can't boast. They only make a few in a specific artist's style and then move on. So if you want them to all go together seemlessly, DCUC is the best choice.

Their Mr. Freeze sucks unless you got the rare exclusive version

Back