What is the Best Comic You Are Reading?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:

Invincible is really one of the best comics I have ever read... As a whole, the series is really one of the best superhero stories being told in comics today and every single person who likes these types of comics should be reading it every month.

:exactly::goodpost:

And if you enjoy Y The Last Man you owe it to your self to check out Saga as well. Unless you already read it haha

I started Y-The Last Man. Excellent though I think some of the jokes aren't, well, too too funny. Started Invincible, excellent, though I just started.

I figured Chew and Morning Glories and Saga aren't too far along that I couldn't just pick up the back issues and read it new every month. Got about 10-15 of Chew's 27 issues, 10-15 of Morning Glories 21 or so issues, and 4 of 5 for Saga. Thinking of getting the variant cover for Saga number 1. Anyone know the ratio? 1 variant per 25 and so on?

Thanks for the great choices guys, I'm going back to reading Y now. :D

Your comic collection and CGC

Hi all,

Have been considering sticking some comics through CGC certification. Have any of you done it and, if so, what sort of comic did you stick through? (i.e. notable issue, author/artist signed issue etc).

Re: Your comic collection and CGC

I had a few. The 1st ones I did though were just random ones but the most recent one I did was Amazing Spider-Man #13 (1st appearance of Mysterio) which was signed by Stan Lee.

I've bought one once, ASM 122, it was okay but quickly sold it and bought another that I could actually look at and read.

exactly. Where's the fun of having your comic sealed? you can't really enjoy it.
It's like collecting Sideshow statues but keeping them inside the brown shipping box so it stays really really mint in box.

so when you go get CGC say its white and mint 8.5 but over the ages the paper starts to yellow does that devalue the grading and do you have to resubmit ot back to them again?

I've bought one once, ASM 122, it was okay but quickly sold it and bought another that I could actually look at and read.

I won't buy another CGC book.

:slap

That's what beater copies or trade paperbacks are for, like Marvel Masterworks.....

images

CGC is completely over rated

Some of you don't understand the difference between reading and investment purposes. :rotfl

I'll take a CGC book any day over a raw book - which I could buy for pennies on the dollar in comparison.

CGC is completely over rated

Agreed.

exactly. Where's the fun of having your comic sealed? you can't really enjoy it.
It's like collecting Sideshow statues but keeping them inside the brown shipping box so it stays really really mint in box.

That's what I'm talking about. :lecture

IMO, there's no fun in a CGC book. But to each their own. :peace

A speculator will never make the kind of money they think they are going to make off a CGC book.

A speculator will never make the kind of money they think they are going to make off a CGC book.

Lol...at speculator. :lol

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to CGC books from the Golden, Silver and Bronze age.

Try some research before you post next time.

Interesting set of responses.

This would be how I view it:

CGC seal a rare issue or, perhaps, a modern (key storyline) issue, or a modern key storyline issue signed by the writer/artist. Then stick the CGC sealed comic in a dark box somewhere for the future.. or, hang it on your wall (out of direct sunlight) whatever works for you.
That's an investment.

Buy an issue, or trade, to read, bash about etc. That's for fun.

But you can get a lot of enjoyment out of an investment. It just comes down to your mindset.

Personally, I buy, bag and board individual issues I love. But I buy trades for everyday reading.

Back