What is the best cheap display case?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what you want to display. Ikea makes a few the board loves and craigslist can be your friend as well, you never know what you see on there.

0002409909144_500X500.jpg

^ maybe the cheapest, not the best cheapest. ;)

Ikea Detolfs are probably the best balance of price and form, especially if you collect 1/6th scale figures.

Bestas are rather cheap. Just get them without the doors. Then they are a bargain. I doubt you'll find anything that is a versatile and sturdy like those, at that price.

Well technically speaking Detolf is a Glass Display Cabinet not a Display Case.

Well technically speaking Detolf is a Glass Display Cabinet not a Display Case.

Is there a difference between "case" and "cabinet"? Is it just a matter of having doors or not?

A good cabinet is the detolf from ikea.

They cost around 30 40 pounds.
Lights are anything between 6 pound and about 30 40 pounds depending on what you want.
The ones in the pic are dioders I think and change colour from blue to red to green or can be set on either I think.

If your on a budget try looking for second hand ones locally.

A bunch of my buddies have Detof's and have customized them and added lights and such and they look fantastic. They are relatively cheap too at $60. Mostly depends on what level you want your stuff to be seen at. All one level, top to bottom, glass, wood, etc.

Spend the money on one of the bigger sized Bestas. 150 bucks will get you a display with a minimum of six slots that fit premium formats nicely. I can fit two in a slot of even some of the bigger PFs like Thor or Colossus. You can add lighting for 29.99 with a six pack of puck lights that screw into the shelving. Less than 200 all in for a display that looks semi pro and will probably last you awhile if your just starting up. Just my opinion of course but its been good for my display

can u send a link to the besta ur referring to? does it come w glass/can u purchase the glass doors? thanks

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70134044/#/30253897

There's multiple colors. If you have to add shipping it gets expensive but if you have an IKEA local its 150 bucks and you walk out the door. No glass but I've seen members threads where they have customized them with glass doors. There's detolfs on the site as well which are covered. I just dust them every two weeks and haven't had any issues so I never went with the glass doors. Good luck man

Back