What is exciting right now in 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me? Not much. I only collect almost exclusively 1/6 and got swept into the hobby in 2010. I believe that was the golden age of 1/6 figures because ideas were brimming and variety was king. Hot Toys was doing as much as they can in around that time with licences from DC, Marvel, Terminator, Aliens, and many more.

Nowadays it's the obligatory MCU/Star Wars/DCEU iteration, which for the record I really love but it robs any kind of imagination and expectations off the hobby. I know I'm gonna get a new Captain America based off the new movie, I know that Far From Home Spider-Man would be made eventually. I also believe that multiple iterations of the same character only dilutes my enthusiasm for the hobby because I feel like it's a service by the manufacturers rather than a labor of love.

I see my sentiments mirrored in a lot of these posts. I have canceled quite a few figures recently that when looking at my existing collection just didn't add much but took up a lot of space.

I was a huge Star Wars collector but feel what I have is pretty good. I am sort of interested in Maul and Dooku but not sure I need them. I really wish they would either do cool things like Jabba's Palace, Cantina Denizens, or the odd Jedi Master that got 2 seconds of screen time. Those are the figures that I want more than new versions of the same core heroes.

I am still in for Asmus' Lord of the Rings and Hobbit stuff but I have so much already, the new stuff really has to be exceptional for me to devote more shelf space.

The only thing I have on pre-order right now is Game of Thrones. I have paid in full for 5 (or is it 6 now?) figures. Hoping 3-0 gets to work!

HT just does not have much to offer me at the moment. Hoping that SDCC in two weeks proves me wrong but even cool stuff we have seen several years back has yet to actually materialize.

Not much at the moment.

I’m at a stage at my collecting where I almost pretty much have all of what I want. All I’d do from there is downsize. The only figure I have on PO is EG Armored Thanos, and the only figures I’d consider getting at some point in the future are John Wick, ESB Lando, JH Predator 2.0, and AvP Elder 2.0. Maybe a Mk 50. That’s about it.

I haven’t really been following the 1/6 world as vigilantly because nothing overly interests me at the moment.

Honestly all I am waiting for is ESB Han and a decent Chewie.

I could list my wants but I doubt they would ever see the light of say in our current climate.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back