What if Indy dies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though the 93 year old one-eyed Indy in my avatar has been written out of the canon, Indy will never die on screen and it would be a serious mistake to do so.

Harrison has stated he would like to come back for another film, which could happen but they better start making it within the next 5 years. Seeing Ford in the trailer and interviews put to rest any doubts I had about his age. He looks better now than he has in the last several years.

Eventually there will be final film though. I'd like to see something open ended but classy like the sunset TLC ending. No retirement, no "hanging up the whip" business.

What I predict will happen is that Indy will literally pass the hat to Mutt in this film ala TLC scene then we'll see another Indy film in 3-5 years with Mutt more in the picture and Harrison back as Indy, still part of the big adventure story but playing more of a supporting role like Sean Connery did in TLC.

A stand alone Mutt Williams movies with no Harrison? I don't really see it in the cards, but it is possible.

Good example but I consider Frankenstein to be like Superman or James Bond. It's adapted from another source so it's easier to recast. Before Harrison Ford Indiana Jones did not EXIST in any sense.

That's what I was thinking about the comparison between Bond and Indy, Bond was a literary character first and well known and popular that way before Connery filled his shoes. Indy on the other hand has only been Harrison Ford.

I've never seen the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, but I was thinking about getting the DVD's. Why was Old Indy removed? I don't know what role he had in it, but it seems like it would be pretty cool having him in it.

I just wish the old Indy scenes were included as extras. I've seen a few on youtube and they were really interesting.

GL ultimately decided he didn't want to show Indy as a decrepit one-eyed old codger.

Harrison Ford has said in an interview, I don't know if it was in Playboy or some other magazine, that he would definitely do another Indy movie if the opportunity comes. Unless they do some sort of prequel or flash backs to when Indy was alive I don't think they would be able to have him in the next movie if he dies in Crystal Skull.

Either way I don't think they would ever kill Indy in these films. I mean, theses aren't those kind of movies. The hero never dies in these old time serials.

Either way I don't think they would ever kill Indy in these films. I mean, theses aren't those kind of movies. The hero never dies in these old time serials.

That's the truth. And part of why the idea of him dying was attractive to me. The emotional impact would be brutal.

But it's not really necessary, or appropriate. In art, the hero should never die.

Indy should have some crazy supernatural death. Then in the next movie, Mutt will have to travel all over the globe to get the necessary items to bring him back - his man purse is inside a pyramid, his jacket is up a tree in South America, his whip frozen in ice in the arctic, and his hat is inside the Mission Impossible secret security room in Marcus' museum. His sidekicks could be Short Round and Brody's hot granddaughter. Of course, this would only work if, at the same time, the Germans were running a parallel mission to resurrect Hitler. And the stage is set for the ultimate super-zombie battle between good and evil.
SUMMER 2010!!!

GL ultimately decided he didn't want to show Indy as a decrepit one-eyed old codger.

Too bad, I think it sounds pretty cool. But maybe that's just because I like listening to old people tell their stories (so long as they have interesting ones and don't tell the same one over and over :lol).

I dunno Andy,
besides the obvious graying and skin sagging, he looks pretty good(from the still shots) He might not beat me in a 100yd dash, but he looks like he could put up a pretty good fight...
fight.gif

Last edited:
I dunno Andy,
besides the obvious graying and skin sagging, he looks pretty good(from the still shots) He might not beat me in a 100yd dash, but he looks like he could put up a good fight.

Oh I totally agree with ya, I think he slipped back into the role seamlessly. I just can't pass up a really bad joke when I see one. :)

Killing off Indiana Jones would be the worst thing ever done in the History of Movies!!!

There is no good way to do it. I don't want to even know if he dies in his 90's a happy old man. Indy needs to live forever!

There is no good way to do it. I don't want to even know if he dies in his 90's a happy old man. Indy needs to live forever!

Maybe he and Jack Sparrow can team up to find the fountain of youth. Or I suppose re-find for Jack as he should be dead by the 1960's. :lol

I remember way back when the movie was first being talked about people said Indy has a daughter. Where does that come from? Young Indy Chronicles, the novels, something else? Thanks!

After all he s been through and survived,the only way they could show Indiana Jones death on screen would be for him to be hit by a bus whilst crossing the road.Perfect closure.

Back