What if Indy dies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't oldman Indy in the Young Indiana Jones series? So he can't die yet.

Lucas removed him from the dvds. That started the speculation that Indy WOULD die.

I don't think it will happen. They're marketing this movie as too light and fun to kill him off. If he was going to die, you'd see a LOT of "The Final Adventure" taglines.

Isn't oldman Indy in the Young Indiana Jones series? So he can't die yet.

No, they removed the George Hall Old Indy scenes for the DVD release.

And I think the comments in EW made it pretty clear that they wouldn't be killing off Indy in ANY movie.

They won't kill Indy. Besides, if they did do it... it would feel hokey and forced. Like the killed him just to settle it once and for all that this would be the LAST movie. And it would be stupid if they did anyway.

They won't kill Indy. Besides, if they did do it... it would feel hokey and forced. Like the killed him just to settle it once and for all that this would be the LAST movie. And it would be stupid if they did anyway.

It would be stupid if they did it that way.

It would only be worth it if they did it for the right reason, and if they could figure out how, then it would be great.

Why is it so important that he live?

Right we know that but I think Mike meant in the next Indy film if they do a next Indy film.

I meant this film - but I didn't mean I thought they were going to kill him. I just wanted to see what people thought they SHOULD do, not what they thought they were or weren't going to actually do.

We already know he doesn't die - we saw him in Young Indy at 93.

That's why I don't think it can be done correctly. There's just too much room to have it look crappy.

Why is it so important that he die?

I don't think anyone is saying it is. Just an interesting topic to discuss.

Chuck Norris?

That would make for an interesting battle. :lol

I meant this film - but I didn't mean I thought they were going to kill him. I just wanted to see what people thought they SHOULD do, not what they thought they were or weren't going to actually do.

We already know he doesn't die - we saw him in Young Indy at 93.

Shows my lack of being able to read then I suppose. :lol

Nope, you have the right idea - somehow this turned into "are they going to kill Indy" rather than my intention of discussing how people here would like to see his end handled.

I'd forgot about them pulling the scenes from the DVD's - interesting, but I still don't think personally that they'd kill him. Lucas is certainly not a capable enough anything (producer/director/writer etc.) to pull of something like that, even with Speilberg's help. I still contend though that done right, it could be a moment that would live in cinema history much longer than KOTCS is likely to last.

As to why you'd kill him off? Other than the obvious psychological closure, and the truly heroic nature (I prefer my heroes dying the way they live, rather than tottering around forgetting their own name and crapping in a diaper), there could be a financial reason. Clearly, they want to make the transition from Indy to Mutt. Their wouldn't be a Mutt in this film if that wasn't the plan. Having Indy live might be the nail in the coffin of those plans however. As long as he does, fans will be less willing to accept a replacement. In fact, I think they'd be more willing to accept another actor in the role (ala James Bond) than accepting a new character like Mutt. However, kill him off (and do it the right way), and people might be more accepting of Mutt in future films. Just food for thought.

I think he should fall into the Sarlac and then all the fan boys can pretend he escaped.

Seriously, regarding Mutt. If Indy dies trying to save him (even if its done sacrificial like) fans are going to hate the Mutt character. Similar to how here in Denver nobody ever forgave Brian Griese for throwing the interception that ended Terrell Davis' career.

Back