What if Hot Toys were going to make The Beatles 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no interest in anything Beetles..actually the hype surrounding their latest release is starting to anoy me much like all the MJ hype after he died...so many bandwagon posuers around here, all of a sudden they are huge Beetle fans..i am talking in my city.

I don't think it's quite the same as the current MJ love-fest, but it's okay, there needs to be contrarian opinions to balance out the scales.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/wgrrQwLdME8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/wgrrQwLdME8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have no interest in anything Beetles..actually the hype surrounding their latest release is starting to anoy me much like all the MJ hype after he died...so many bandwagon posuers around here, all of a sudden they are huge Beetle fans..i am talking in my city.

Nothing wrong with discovering new music. It's no different than me discoverying them through my eldest brother.

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. While I always admired The Beatles, I never REALLY listened to them until just recently. With the remastered releases of their entire catalogue being released, it's been awesome discovering a band that has been part of our rock and pop history.

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. While I always admired The Beatles, I never REALLY listened to them until just recently. With the remastered releases of their entire catalogue being released, it's been awesome discovering a band that has been part of our rock and pop history.

^^^everything he said.

I'm a huge Beatles fan (I live in Liverpool too.. hell, I my school backed ONTO Penny Lane), always loved their music... or rather, the music I *knew*

I had the Past Masters CD yearssss ago. And i've got the '1' compilation album. Also the new Love album... which is amazing.

But I'd never actually heard any Beatles album all the way through from start to finish. And Every time I hear someone talking about the White Album or Rubber Soul I'd think "damn! I should get them!!" ....and then I'd forget about it.

so with there remasters out, it was the perfect time to finally fix this travesty, and buy the WHOLE LOT :lol

I've listened through to all of them now... from the very first song on the very first album right through to the very end. And I'm so glad I did. There's so much amazing music on here. They're not so highly thought of as part of some hype. It's real... these guys are amazing. And hearing their music develop over the years is wonderful to listen to.

So I for one am happy there's been a lot of hype over these new remasters, as it made me jump in a buy the box set. And I am totally grateful for that!!!

When I was 8 my dad sat me down with a pair of headphones and put Sgt Peppers on the record player and told me to sit there. I probably listened to that album 500 times since then.

I'd want Abbey Road Beatles...

beatles_-_abbey_road.jpg

:lecture YES!!!!!! :rock

This coming from the guy with arguably the worst taste in music and one of the most relentless poseurs on this board. :lol

What really annoys me is pretentious people who say they hate something in order to appear sophisticated. :D

But I'd never actually heard any Beatles album all the way through from start to finish. And Every time I hear someone talking about the White Album or Rubber Soul I'd think "damn! I should get them!!" ....and then I'd forget about it.

A musician friend of mine told me he's never owned a Beatles album in his life...that he never heard all of Sgt. Pepper's! I yelled at him.

A musician friend of mine told me he's never owned a Beatles album in his life...that he never heard all of Sgt. Pepper's! I yelled at him.

and quite right too :lol

As a music fan, and a Beatles fan, and as someone who lives in Liverpool... hell, as a human.. I actually feel a real level of shame for not ever owning any Beatles albums before now. I've been missing out on so much amazing music.

I can't stop listening to Rubber Soul. (oh, and Beatles Rock Band :rock)

This coming from the guy with arguably the worst taste in music and one of the most relentless poseurs on this board. :lol

What really annoys me is pretentious people who say they hate something in order to appear sophisticated. :D

Just about every pretentious person i have met loves the Beetles haha!..GTFO with your blabbering nonsense.We all have different tastes in music, i would say mine is just a bit more diverse and obscure compared to your favorite mainstream rehash.I just answered the question this thread is asking, in my own opinion.

Just about every pretentious person i have met loves the Beetles haha!..GTFO with your blabbering nonsense.We all have different tastes in music, i would say mine is just a bit more diverse and obscure compared to your favorite mainstream rehash.I just answered the question this thread is asking, in my own opinion.

I only know of about a millionth ot Pix's musical taste, but from what I know it is very far from 'mainstream' or 'rehash', their is a reason that things become classics... perhaps you need an education boy!

I only know of about a millionth ot Pix's musical taste, but from what I know it is very far from 'mainstream' or 'rehash', their is a reason that things become classics... perhaps you need an education boy!

I am not saying i hate the Beetles, i like the song Day Tripper..i am just not that big a fan of them...though!! they would make more interesting figures then say Michael Jackson if they came with their insturments.

Type O Negative(love some of their old stuff) covered a few Beetles songs i think..this is Day Tripper live but, sounds horrible compared to the studio version.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/w6WNWiGkJYk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/w6WNWiGkJYk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Well we can't like everything... It seems as though the world and it's wife love ABBA, but they make me feel pretty nauseous, and I've always found those perenial favourites Queen and Madness too comedic to actually ever 'choose' to listen to, but that's what makes the world go around!

And it has to be said, we are influenced by outside forces, it's the whole nature, nurture debate (I can't think of any other reason why I found myself listening to The Carpenters on spotify the other day!).

And something I have found, and this is in no way to do the Beatles a diservice, but in the US they are elevated to demi gods, in kind of the same way as Monty Python are in comedy.

Hmmm, have 'Type O' ever covered ABBA or the Carpenters, I think they could do with some puppies and Butterflies in ther life!:ted:ted:ted

Last edited:
I am not saying i hate the Beetles, i like the song Day Tripper..i am just not that big a fan of them...though!! they would make more interesting figures then say Michael Jackson if they came with their insturments.

Type O Negative(love some of their old stuff) covered a few Beetles songs i think..this is Day Tripper live but, sounds horrible compared to the studio version.

At least spell their name right.

Back