What if Hot Toys were going to make The Beatles 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't happen. McFarlane was only allowed to do animated versions and the Lennon figure is based on the 1974 photo after The Beatles broke up.

I'd want
1) Sgt. Pepper
2) Let it Be rooftop
3) 64 Sullivan show

But alas another 1/6 pipe dream

Sgt. Pepper versions would be the most visually interested on the shelf. Alas, these will never happen. The Beatles would be a 1/6 grail for me.

I would buy anything really. I think the McFarlane figures were cool (I own complete sets of both series). I can't image why they won't let realistic likenesses to be produced. I guess they haven't been converted to the idea that 1:6 is an art form.. Definitely a higher art form that dopey posters and bumper stickers.

65/66... :rock

And don't worry about John's likeness rights. Yoko will do anything for a buck. Why she married John, after going after Paul first. :lol

Sgt Pepper Beatles for most visual appeal!
pepperleft.gif

I am glad that they can't do this because it'd be a very tempting thing for me to buy with money I don't have. I'd prefer the '64 look, then Abbey Road, then Sgt. Pepper.

It looks to me that Paul, Ringo and the estates of George and John have no say in the Likeness rights of The Beatles.
Apple Corps owns the rights to likenesses, so it down to them.
Anyway this is a What If, so we can wish for whatever we want.
I think the Ed Sullivan Beatles would be my pick

I have been waiting FOREVER for some Beatles figures. Way back when I was collecting McFarlane music figures, I hoped for this.
It's just a tricky licensing issue or something. And like the best they could do to get around it, was to make animated Yellow Sub figures, and animated tv show cartoon figures.
Not sure if it's all just Yoko's fault or not lol

But this whole Rockband thing actually surprised me. And their likeness is in there. Maybe there is hope now.

I have been waiting FOREVER for some Beatles figures. Way back when I was collecting McFarlane music figures, I hoped for this.
It's just a tricky licensing issue or something. And like the best they could do to get around it, was to make animated Yellow Sub figures, and animated tv show cartoon figures.
Not sure if it's all just Yoko's fault or not lol

But this whole Rockband thing actually surprised me. And their likeness is in there. Maybe there is hope now.

But the likenesses in the game are cartoony.

Also, instruments would be an absolute necessity as accessories. This probably means Ringo would be considerably more expensive (and that if for some reason Sideshow did them, they would try to make the drums out of polystone)

Back